Thread: Veteran OG Newbie....

Thanks

Default Veteran OG Newbie....

Hi Folks,

I lurked for a bit before I decided to join the ranks of the Spreader's of the Green. I think a lot of lurkers stay lurkers because they are afraid of some kind of trouble will find them by going public with their interest and especially grows with pictures. IRL could become evidence in a militant anti-drug state. But anyway, on the lighter side and back to me. I finally got over that paranoia and jumped in. So, here goes. I've been smoking since I was 9 years old. That was 43 years ago. I only started growing 2 years ago. It's not legal here but more or less accepted as a part of society with little or no trouble partaking. I grow my own now so I don't have to buy from folks I don't know and get a product I can't really know what is or has been done to it. So, I've traveled in time from buying Colombian Gold on a street corner in dime bags full of seeds 40+ years ago to this super strain shit they've been working on like the cure for cancer that makes you forget your own name. Talk about progress. But finally I've reached a point in my life, probably due to age, where I don't care who knows my lifestyle. It's nice to find a forum like this to learn from the pros and just have a good conversation about growing or just some fun life experiences with the weed culture we grew up in independently. I look forward to getting to know folks and sharing stories. I know we all have some interesting stories to tell. Maybe it's just me, but I think forums like this where people have a similar interest in something we all agree is quite special, brings happiness, and enhances our lives all the way around. I look forward to learning as much as I can and meeting some folks that could actually turn out to be friends one day. I wish something like this existed 30-40 years ago. Think of how different the world might be now. It's only people like the ones in this forum that are willing to help spread the culture and show people what they've been missing and how to become a part of it.

For the basics, I live in the North of Europe. I was born and raised in the Deep South in South Carolina. I escaped 12 years ago. I refer to myself as an American refugee. Anything else you folks would like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks to the creators of this forum for the venue we can participate in feely and openly, and thanks for allowing us to be a part of it.

Sam

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SamFled For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), IceCalibur (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20), LoSGrower (17-10-20), Lowrollerbean (17-10-20), M_C (17-10-20), scootb (18-10-20), Street Smart (Yesterday)

3. Default

Welcome to the forum SamFled, I'm glad you got over that initial fear and jumped in and joined us! ... it's nice to have you here bud

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20), Lowrollerbean (17-10-20), SamFled (17-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamFled View Post
    Hi Folks,

I lurked for a bit before I decided to join the ranks of the Spreader's of the Green. I think a lot of lurkers stay lurkers because they are afraid of some kind of trouble will find them by going public with their interest and especially grows with pictures. IRL could become evidence in a militant anti-drug state. But anyway, on the lighter side and back to me. I finally got over that paranoia and jumped in. So, here goes. I've been smoking since I was 9 years old. That was 43 years ago. I only started growing 2 years ago. It's not legal here but more or less accepted as a part of society with little or no trouble partaking. I grow my own now so I don't have to buy from folks I don't know and get a product I can't really know what is or has been done to it. So, I've traveled in time from buying Colombian Gold on a street corner in dime bags full of seeds 40+ years ago to this super strain shit they've been working on like the cure for cancer that makes you forget your own name. Talk about progress. But finally I've reached a point in my life, probably due to age, where I don't care who knows my lifestyle. It's nice to find a forum like this to learn from the pros and just have a good conversation about growing or just some fun life experiences with the weed culture we grew up in independently. I look forward to getting to know folks and sharing stories. I know we all have some interesting stories to tell. Maybe it's just me, but I think forums like this where people have a similar interest in something we all agree is quite special, brings happiness, and enhances our lives all the way around. I look forward to learning as much as I can and meeting some folks that could actually turn out to be friends one day. I wish something like this existed 30-40 years ago. Think of how different the world might be now. It's only people like the ones in this forum that are willing to help spread the culture and show people what they've been missing and how to become a part of it.

For the basics, I live in the North of Europe. I was born and raised in the Deep South in South Carolina. I escaped 12 years ago. I refer to myself as an American refugee. Anything else you folks would like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks to the creators of this forum for the venue we can participate in feely and openly, and thanks for allowing us to be a part of it.

Sam
    Welcome to the family Sam! I get ya re: the lurking, I felt like that a little but in the end thought, F'it, if I get caught, what they gonna do to me with 2 plants? I believe, from what I've told, if you stick to 9 or under, you won't do time. Anyway, welcome again, and good luck with your girls sir!

My 1st Grow - FastBuds – AK Auto, Blackberry Auto

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), IceCalibur (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20), SamFled (17-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,870 Times in 6,126 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sam, I remember those days of getting all those seeds in the bag. I used to carry around a postal scale that would weigh up to 7 g with a little alligator clip you could hold in your hand. then I would weigh out the weed inspect everything and make them take some seeds back if there was too much.

I think it's likely that the entire world is going to go over to legal cannabis, I think it will just be a tactic to keep us all from rebelling against the medical fascist state. Good idea to start growing now, because once they start the IMF backed block chain they're going to track everything you do.

J

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), SamFled (17-10-20), scootb (18-10-20)

Thanks

Yeah, Here it's only about the money. The State legalized Medical Marijuana. But, you have to be dying and on fire to get a card. I think there are 20 people in the country that have one. I just found out that we are the largest EU distributor of MM. So, the only reason they legalized it is so the big business greenhouse growers can legally sell it throughout the EU. People here are still very ignorant about the benefits of it and still believe the old propaganda about weed. But, the Law Enforcement here only bothers people if you're dumb enough to walk by their Drug Dog at the train station or airport, or if you're obviously dealing with people coming and going all the time. But anyway, it'll be awhile before they just legalize it here. That would just eat into the profits of the mega greenhouse growers. OT, it's weird being here in the winter. There's only about 6-7 hours of grey daylight each day in the winter, so the greenhouses use lighting 24 hours a day. At night, especially if it's cloudy or foggy, there's this ominous orange glow that fills the sky that you can see kilometers away from the green house. Later this winter I'll post some pictures of it.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SamFled For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), IceCalibur (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20), LoSGrower (17-10-20), scootb (18-10-20)

Thanks

It gets so cold here that greenhouse growing is impractical, but between myself and the next town there's two big outdoor pot grows going on. Some of those guys use light deprivation and get a couple harvests a season.

J

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), SamFled (17-10-20), scootb (18-10-20)

Thanks

Oh, the green houses here that the super growers are using are around 100,000 sq/ft minimum and they'll have several on one piece of property. They're heated via our state central heating stations that supply all of our households in the winter.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamFled For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20)

Thanks

It just occurred to me that the best place to grow would be a neighboring property to the Green Houses. Never a worry for odor which is the biggest giveaway of home growing... Why didn't I think of that before. I feel stupid. It always makes me a bit paranoid growing all my own supply for the year during the summer in my back yard green house. One of my neighbors is a cop and he owns a police k-9 that walk by daily. Even though they stated publicly in the past that folks having a plant or two would be ignored. But the American in me keeps me paranoid. Oh, a little clarification. Since I don't trust strangers weed, I try to grow enough for myself during our short summer to last the year until next outdoor harvest time.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamFled For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 154,923 Times in 44,243 Posts

Hi mate, welcome along

It's illegal in the UK too... I find it best just to ignore the law
    “Never, ever, join a forum that asks for your money!”
    (M_C)

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), IceCalibur (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20), Jstatus (17-10-20), Le chef (19-10-20), SamFled (17-10-20), scootb (18-10-20)

Thanks

I hope to get my supply for the entire year also, but I'm thinking a growing half a dozen little plants in my closet this winter.

J

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), M_C (17-10-20), SamFled (17-10-20)

Thanks

I thought about that as well. I just figure out how to vent it. My in-laws come by regularly. So, the smell is my biggest obstacle.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamFled For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-10-20), Dionysos (18-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 894 Posts

Welcome bud,I went the opposite way and moved from the UK to North America several years ago lol.
    I remember the old bags of Thai stick that were full of seeds,sounded like a machine gun going off when you smoked it haha.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scootb For This Useful Post:

hotshot (18-10-20), SamFled (18-10-20)

Thanks

All the pinhole burns in your shirts....lol

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamFled For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-10-20), scootb (19-10-20)

Thanks

All the pinhole burns in your shirts....lol
    The worst gave me a blister right above my nipple,burnt my best T-shirt as well lol.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scootb For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-10-20), SamFled (19-10-20)

Thanks

Remember when the seeds would explode in the bowl and throw the fiery everywhere burning you, your clothes, your sofa, and the carpet? Then you had to come up with a cover story as to what happen to your carpet and sofa.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamFled For This Useful Post:

hotshot (19-10-20), scootb (20-10-20)

Thanks

Remember when the seeds would explode in the bowl and throw the fiery everywhere burning you, your clothes, your sofa, and the carpet? Then you had to come up with a cover story as to what happen to your carpet and sofa.
    Back then my parents had a real fireplace so I was covered for excuses lol,one day I dodged college and was enjoying a smoke when I seen my dad pull up in his little pickup,I panicked,then I seen the HMcustoms van pull up behind him and I almost SHAT myself turns out he had been using cheap diesel in his truck and customs came onsite doing tank dips,the good thing was he smelled my weed and gave me a bit of gold leb that he brought back from the Falklands a decade before,that shit was HEFTY.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scootb For This Useful Post:

hotshot (20-10-20), SamFled (20-10-20)

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Sam, nice name, mine also but i go by Smokey for security as not sure my country its illegal still to grow or have cannabis.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smokeyfromoz For This Useful Post:

hotshot (20-10-20), SamFled (20-10-20), scootb (20-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,345 Times in 13,405 Posts

Talking

Welcome to the Talk, enjoy.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

SamFled (20-10-20)