Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just new to growing and looking for some advice.

Thanks

Default Just new to growing and looking for some advice.

Hey guys and girls.

Wondering if some lovely folk would be able to give me some advice.

I'm just new to growing and got some auto flowering seeds.

However my plants seen to look very small in compassion to other peoples photos.

I've attached a photo. From left to right its 7 weeks, 5 weeks and 2 weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201020_222503.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	389698  

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Crashlaura For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-10-20), Cannabug (14-01-21), GEORGE (20-10-20), Jingo (21-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

I'd assume these are on the window ledge? If so, couple of variables come into play for slow growth, cold temperatures and shorter days this time of year, sure someone with a little more knowledge will chime in shortly best of luck with your ladies

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-10-20), GEORGE (20-10-20), Jingo (21-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Heres a few things I would change.

Them pots should be filled with a mix of soil and perlite (60% soil 40% perlite). Fill them to the top.
    Only give them water for a while or until they look hungry (Pale leaves)
    Keep temps around 26degrees c
    Have some fans blowing around your room to strengthen them plants up.
    When watering. Water in a circle half way from your plant to the edge of the pot moving outwards every watering. This will help with root growth as the roots will have to search for water. This will give you better nutrient uptake for the vegative stage and will also play a key role in the flowering stage too.
    Try and keep the Rh 60%+ during veg, when flowering lower it to around 50% if possible.

Cold temps, will extend growing times/lack of growing.

Good luck
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-10-20), Jingo (21-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk, enjoy.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Jingo (21-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,099 Times

Hi chap. Im also on my first grow and I've had to put mine into flower after 3 and a half weeks just because they grew so fast. If you from the UK, I would recommend getting some b&q verve compost, maybe a 50l bag and a 10 litre bag of perlite. Ive done a soil with perlite mix , so 20 percent perlite into a 15lt fabric pot. Verve has enough nutrients to keep the plants fed for 2 to 3 weeks so no need for added nutrients, just a good watering. Ie once they have grown a bit, water until you see some run off.
    If growing on a window like it seems like you are you won't get the right light timescale now. For vegetation you need 18 hours minimum of light and as said , 25 to 30 heat and a nice bit of humidity. If you are able to, I would recommend a tent or a cupboard and either a hps light which is cheaper than a good led light . You will also need a fan to strengthen the plant.
    Growing for the first time has been a really good experience , there is so much info on here, and any questions, ask, because people want to help.
    Last edited by Karlito1; 20-10-20 at 11:48 PM.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Karlito1 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-10-20), GEORGE (21-10-20), Jingo (21-10-20), Lowrollerbean (20-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks

The only time I've had this happen was when I used a small 45w 20 dollar grow light. It was for fun to see how much power that little light had. Had it going about 5 months and never seemed to get any taller, maybe a new couple leaves once a month and the old ones would die and fall off. Got a total of about a foot tall over the 5 months but tiny leaves. I flowered it at one point too and it just grew this teeny weeny like 8 haired nothingness.
    IDK if this is your problem but the only response I've got for you. sorry bud.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dionysos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-10-20), Jingo (21-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,579 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrollerbean View Post
    I'd assume these are on the window ledge? If so, couple of variables come into play for slow growth, cold temperatures and shorter days this time of year, sure someone with a little more knowledge will chime in shortly best of luck with your ladies
    Yeap
    Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post

Them pots should be filled with a mix of soil and perlite (60% soil 40% perlite). Fill them to the top.
    When watering. Water in a circle half way from your plant to the edge of the pot moving outwards every watering. This will help with root growth as the roots will have to search for water. This will give you better nutrient uptake for the vegative stage and will also play a key role in the flowering stage too.
    Try and keep the Rh 60%+ during veg, when flowering lower it to around 50% if possible.

Good luck
    Excellent advice

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post

Good luck
    I did have them in my boiler cupboard with a cheap light but I felt like the light wasn't doing the job so I've put them on my kitchen work top till I buy a better light next week. If anyone could suggest some lights that wouldn't break the bank that would be a great help also.

They are currently planted in Canna Terra Professional soil.

I'll cut back on the watering just now, I think I had been over watering them.

I've added my desk fan to the other side of the kitchen and its now blowing on them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-507662441.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	389719  

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crashlaura For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-10-20), Jingo (21-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21), Valentina (21-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,213 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Crashlaura View Post
    If anyone could suggest some lights that wouldn't break the bank that would be a great help also.
    The chaps here would probably agree that in general we need roughly about 100 watts of lights per plant.

An indoor temperature-humidity meter would do wonders as you can find the warmest spots in your home and chances are that is where the plants will be the happiest. Ideally we need 20-30 degrees C, some strains are more tolerant of temps at either end, some aren't.

You might want to look at getting a tent or create a system where there is odour control. These plants have a smell and your safety is important.

All the best with your grow and great to have you here.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-10-20), GEORGE (21-10-20), IceCalibur (21-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,781 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Crashlaura View Post
    I did have them in my boiler cupboard with a cheap light but I felt like the light wasn't doing the job so I've put them on my kitchen work top till I buy a better light next week. If anyone could suggest some lights that wouldn't break the bank that would be a great help also.

They are currently planted in Canna Terra Professional soil.

I'll cut back on the watering just now, I think I had been over watering them.

I've added my desk fan to the other side of the kitchen and its now blowing on them.
    You can get all sorts of cheap lights i use a bay 6 600w its like 50quid for it but it could be easier for your to grab some cfl lights if i remeber that right only thing with them is you need to buy a red and a blue bulb for the diffrent stages not sure if you just need to buy the red for autos as they flower on there own somebody would need to give you more info on that thats prob your best options as all the led options cost a fortune from what i can see hope that helps mate

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ivana_Groweed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-20), Mac (14-01-21), The Solyom (14-01-21)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast