Thread: Is it mold?! Help!

Thanks

Default Is it mold?! Help!

Hello I need some help.

Is it mold? These little white hairs in the ground?
    Soil: BioBizz Light Mix
    If so, how to eliminate it? Mold has already appeared on top of the soil before. Then I removed it and I've poured fresh soil and cinamon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	389805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	389806  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BearSmalls For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-10-20), GEORGE (23-10-20), Jingo (22-10-20), Vlad the Inhaler (22-10-20)

Thanks

It does look like some kind of fungus. May not necessarily be harmful to the plant though. If you have already had it in the same soil, simply removing the top layer of it wont get rid of it. I don't think there really is a way to get rid of it besides sanitizing your pot and starting with fresh soil given my knowledge of the fungi kingdom.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dionysos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-20), Phytoplankton (23-10-20), Vlad the Inhaler (22-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

I wouldn’t worry about it, mate. Just crack on! I’ve had actual mushrooms growing in my pots before now and they haven’t harmed anything.

It’s ALIVE!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-10-20), Dionysos (23-10-20), GEORGE (23-10-20), M_C (22-10-20)

Thanks

There is always naturally occuring fungus/mold/mycellium in soil grows. In fact most of them help break down organic matter and help release nutrients. There are some that attack plants, but they are less common. Unless you are having issues with the grow, I wouldn't worry about it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-20)