Thread: Tincture questions

Thanks

Default Tincture questions

Took good trim, sugar leaves and lots of small budlets and following a recipe I found with a simple google filled a pain of 1 quart jars with trim. poured in everclear and put in freezer shaking each day. It is day 6 and per the recipe I have strained and bottled on jar and plan to leave the other for several months to see a difference.

My questions: What/how I cook using the tincture where the booze burns off but not the THC?
    I suspected the trim plus shorter time will make a mild tincture but reading it seems even after 5 days it may be fairly strong some posts seem to say while others dissent. Does increased time/strength also increase the plant taste? I would like it to be as mild flavored as possible.
    Is trim a good choice? I more do not wanna waste the trim than I really desire the tincture, but I would use bud if the difference is night and day.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alebeard For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-10-20), Dionysos (25-10-20), GEORGE (25-10-20), Jingo (25-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Honestly, it sounds like you got the wrong recipe for what it is you want to do. You're just fine as far as tincture goes it'll be a tincture. You're just going to have so much chlorophyll and plant taste compared to the more common way.

Basically, you want to freeze your weed and your ever clear separately. then you pour your everclear into the jar with your weed after it's it's been frozen and shake it for 3 minutes. I've lab tested the results of shaking longer or shorter and I think 3 minutes is the best amount of time. Then I strain through a metal screen into a big jar and then I pour that into other jars with coffee filters to strain.

You could do one more wash of the material, but it would yield very little and then you get all that chlorophyll taste. So basically it's one 3-minute wash and then filter once or twice.

When you do it the above way it will usually be gold in color. I imagine yours is green and color to very dark green.

Once you have your tincture you can make it as strong as you want by boiling off some of the alcohol. It will likely taste pretty nasty. I often will for tincture and butter in together and then cook off the tincture to get my butter for making edibles.

I go into more detail in this thread

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...light=Tincture

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-10-20), Dionysos (25-10-20), GEORGE (25-10-20)

Thanks

Thank you! Mine is a light green, not strong taste other than booze but the freezing first method you detail sounds great. Got lots of trim to play with and everclear is legal here so I will play with it! Thank you for the links!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alebeard For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-10-20), Dionysos (25-10-20), GEORGE (25-10-20), Jingo (25-10-20)

Thanks

Default Live resin vape cartridge

If I get live resin vape cartridge and I want to make gummies with it. Would I have to decarboxolate before adding it to my recipe to activate it are not ? Also the same question about thc distillate. I’m sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place I just can’t get a straight answer anywhere.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pmaass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-10-20), Jingo (25-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pmaass View Post
    If I get live resin vape cartridge and I want to make gummies with it. Would I have to decarboxolate before adding it to my recipe to activate it are not ? Also the same question about thc distillate. I’m sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place I just can’t get a straight answer anywhere.
    They would both be decarbed already as part of the process of manufacturing. I knew guys that would just melt down gummy bears that they bought mix in the RSO, which is what live resin vape, is and then let it solidify back up in a mold.

J

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-10-20), Elias (25-10-20), GEORGE (25-10-20)

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. One last question I tried to access the newbie question link and I couldn’t get to it. Anyway what is the best way to get the resin or oil to thin up a little and not be so sticky ? That will help to mix it in better.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pmaass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-10-20), Jingo (26-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pmaass View Post
    Thank you for the reply. One last question I tried to access the newbie question link and I couldn’t get to it. Anyway what is the best way to get the resin or oil to thin up a little and not be so sticky ? That will help to mix it in better.
    I use a very small amount of food grade PGP polyethylene glycol, some people use glycerin.

J

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-10-20)