Thread: Curling up leaves and brown spots on young plant

Thanks

Default Curling up leaves and brown spots on young plant

Hello everyone, I am growing for the first time and need some help with my little baby. It is 12 days old and started to show some distress signs like leaves clawing up and small brown spots appearing on bottom leaves. It's planted in verve multipurpose compost from B&Q and I was silly to use some of miracle-gro slow release nutrient granules (8g) around planing hole. I haven't fed the plant yet and watered with ph6.5 water. Soil ph seems to be alkalinic at 8, which i flushed with water once and still no effect on adjusting ph, though soil stayed very wet for pretty long time. Light is LED 50W and was very close to plant for 24/7 most of the time. Humidity is at 49%.
    I moved the light up a bit for now, I'm not sure what else I can do to make it better... I suspect possible nutrient toxicity from concentrated miracle-gro granules at wrong PH some may become more available I heard and that would be a huge problem... Other thought perhaps drowned the roots when I flushed soil to lower Ph, or wrong soil because of high alkalinity, even though I read this compost is fine for cannabis.

I need help from experienced growers with this matter as I'm really lost at the moment.

I uploaded some photos to show the symptoms.

Thanks guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201026_110643.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	390085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201026_110649.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	390086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201026_110654.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	390087  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veroxas For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (26-10-20), GEORGE (26-10-20)

Thanks

compost all by itself as a potting soil is not ideal. It does not provide enough aeration and drainage for the roots. your plant looks like its doing alright though, perhaps a little stressed. In order to change the PH of your soil simply through its watering takes quite a bit of time. Flushing it 1 time will not do the trick and using 100% compost I wouldn't recommend frequent flushing. You will be wanting a higher output LED light, you will probably start to notice very soon that the plant will drastically slow down in growth as you can only grow a 50w plant with a 50w light.
    I would maybe recommend a repotting and see if this helps with your curing issues.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dionysos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-10-20)

Thanks

Thank you for the response. I forgot to mention that I'm microgrowing in 15cm (1.75litre) pot and plant is autoflower, so repotting may not be a good idea. I moved the light up and curling started to get better, but brown spots got slightly larger. I will try to get the soil PH right, but I'm also afraid to drown the roots as this soil isn't ideal at draining and becomes soggy. As for light, it may be enough 2x 50w LED for a size of plant I'm aiming for. Roots will be stunned once reached the bottom and plant will stop growing in size, therefore smaller light should be sufficient enough I hope.
    I spent a lot of time doing my research and looking for knowledge about growing, but still made such silly mistakes. Now I have to deal with them and make best out of this baby girl.
    What size pot would you recommend for autoflower and what kind of light?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veroxas For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (28-10-20), GEORGE (28-10-20)

Thanks

Sorry, Life has been hectic lately. Unfortunately i do not know much about autoflower or microgrowing so I feel this is beyond me and maybe someone with more expertise on the subject can help out here.
    Ensure that using just compost you let the soil dry out really well before watering again, but I doubt you will see nutrient problems in this grow.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dionysos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-10-20)