Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plants stopped growing and now a

Thanks

Default Plants stopped growing and now a

Hiya everyone, pleasure to meet you.

I am a first time grower and something odd is happening and there are so many could be's that it is crazy confusing for a first timer and I am really wondering if someone experience might help.

Not sure if it is ok to post links so I will l just guide you so you are clear on my setup in order to help explain my problem (apologies for the length of this. I just want to be as descriptive as possible in case it helps):

1. Seeds: I bought the seeds online and it was a combo of Cinex Feminized and 100 OG Cush feminized (I think it is what it is called). Altogether 6 seeds. 4 Cinex, 2 100 OG. I put them in water until they sprouted then put them in solo cups with the sprout down (more info below).

2. Container and Soil: I put them into a solo cup and the dirt I used is listed on the Home Depot website and you can search for 50055100 - This is Timberline soil conditioner. I contacted the manufacturer who stated "The PH Level of our soils comes in at 5".

3. Lighting round 1: The original lighting immediately turned out to be an issue. I bought a lamp and a 42W CFL daylight bulb as I read that was perfect to use. I later found out it was nowhere near close enough to the plants and it needed to be about 2" away from what was about 6-8". The ones close to the 2" away light did good (maybe two) the other sprouted up quick, grew lanky and high, bent over and died. I tried an emergency adding dirt to cover them up to stabilize them which I had read on a website but it turned out too late and they bent and died. I lost maybe 3 and then slowly all but the 100 OG were still alive.

4. Lighting round 2: After reading up, I referred to and purchased a LED light from Amazon which you can look it up under ASN: B07PYFTHM. I mistakenly put it 2" away like the other I had and the leaves started turning up which I read meant too close/powerful. Now its about 4" above them.

5. My indoor grow is in my closet. I monitor the temp and keep it between 73-75 degrees and usually alternate using a small fan during daylight and night hours which are 18 hours on 6 off so they have plenty of oxygen.

6. I don't think watering is an issue as I have been following suggestion and they get water directly around the stem every 4 to 5 days or so. I hope its ok but I am going to try and post pics of the plant which looks like he soil is really dry but again I am watering at the base. In fact, they were watered last night.

Issue: It has been about 6 weeks since I moved them into the solo cups and the 100 OG were looking pretty good but all of a sudden they just stopped growing. I noticed yellowing around the middle part of the leaves but the outer ones were green which is where I am at now. I am really having a good time albeit they are like infants I have to dedicate time to. The leaves aren't curling up so I believe my lighting situation is fixed. It doesnt seem to be overwatering. I just don't know where to turn now except maybe feeding them a very little fertilizer mix so I bought a 4-4-4 mix from Amazon under ASN B005BV29D4. It hasn't come in yet but I am not sure if I am going to do more damage using it.

I think that is about enough detail and a huge amount of words. I am going to try and attach a picture and I am hoping someone can identify the issue and tell me why they stopped growing and the inner area of the leaves are turning yellow before it is too late. I really appreciate you time taking a look and I am going to try and attach and image.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stalledgrowth.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	390152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stalledgrowth.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	390152

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PotWWD For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-10-20), Farmer Geddon (28-10-20), GEORGE (28-10-20), Nuggetz (28-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

The plants in the pics are over 6 weeks old?

If so I haven’t looked up what led lighting your using but would guess it’s not anywhere near powerful enough to grow buds with. They should be a lot bigger after 6 weeks growth I’d say. I’m not saying it can’t be done but it will be a lot of work for not much pay off in terms of the smoke you get from them.

Apart from the small size they don’t look too unhealthy.. the soil ph being buffered to 5 definitely won’t be helping matters though. I’d probably expect them to die instantly if ph was as low as that though.. The fertiliser is an option to try but definitely go easy on it at the size your plants are.

Hope they pick up soon for you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-10-20), Farmer Geddon (28-10-20), GEORGE (28-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetz View Post
    The plants in the pics are over 6 weeks old?

If so I haven’t looked up what led lighting your using but would guess it’s not anywhere near powerful enough to grow buds with. They should be a lot bigger after 6 weeks growth I’d say. I’m not saying it can’t be done but it will be a lot of work for not much pay off in terms of the smoke you get from them.

Apart from the small size they don’t look too unhealthy.. the soil ph being buffered to 5 definitely won’t be helping matters though. I’d probably expect them to die instantly if ph was as low as that though.. The fertiliser is an option to try but definitely go easy on it at the size your plants are.

Hope they pick up soon for you

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Correct, about 6 weeks old and I am definitely willing to try the fertilizer on at least one of the remaining two. Do you use like a pinch or two or maybe 1/2 teaspoon or what is the recommended amount so it doesnt burn them up and should it be near the stalk since its around there where I water?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PotWWD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,203 Times

About quarter strength of the dosage given on the bottle should be okay to start with. If plants look better and go darker green then stay at quarter strength dosage till they get bigger and start to look hungry again. If they stay yellow after a week of the feed try upping it slightly until they green up.

If you get the feeds sorted it’s best to give plain water every third watering in soil imo. Also having a ph pen to test your run off would help.

Hopefully that will make a difference for you

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuggetz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

IMHO, your, 'soil' is the issue...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-10-20), British green (28-10-20), Farmer Geddon (28-10-20), GEORGE (28-10-20), Kurdt (28-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

You need some limestone to bring your soil ph up to 7. What MC said ^^^

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

If all was well below the surface and the light was poor, they'd be stretching in search of light. I did a quick search on Timberline soil conditioner and it isn't soil, it's an additive. More bad reviews than good. This is from one of the good reviews:

This "Soil Conditioner" is actually ground pine fines, exactly what I need. The size is just right, so I just take 5 parts of the conditioner, and add 1 part sphagnum peat and 1 part Perlite, plus a few nutrients

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-10-20), GEORGE (28-10-20)

Thanks

I add 1 bag of soil conditioner to my raised vegetable beds which contain over 500 ltrs of garden soil . its not for directly growing in. it would be considered semi compost at best. Start again imo.
    If i didnt smoke i drink myself to death.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigmurphy For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-10-20), Farmer Geddon (28-10-20), GEORGE (28-10-20), Kurdt (28-10-20)

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I can get some standard potting soil locally with no slow release fertilizer in it if you think that will work. I think my big worry would be around disturbing them while they are already stressed but I guess at this point they may die either way. Regular potting soil work ya think?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PotWWD For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-10-20), Farmer Geddon (28-10-20), GEORGE (28-10-20), Jingo (28-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by PotWWD View Post
    Thanks everyone. I can get some standard potting soil locally with no slow release fertilizer in it if you think that will work. I think my big worry would be around disturbing them while they are already stressed but I guess at this point they may die either way. Regular potting soil work ya think?
    Absolutely get new soil you'll never grow in Ph 5.0 and there's no point in adjusting, it will be less stress for them than slowly killing them with the wrong Ph. don't buy timed release if you cant find something else get seedling soil.

J

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast