Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1000w hps questions

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Whatever light they're going to be flowered under, that's what I start them with. Which included the 1kw hps for a few grows.

The way I see it, the start of the grow is more important because small mistakes have a bigger impact. If 5 seeds are started and only 4 sprout, there's 20% of the yield gone. Unless they're vegged longer to make up for it. So might as well start them under full light 24/0 to guarantee germination. hps is good at producing heat. I'd have the reflector set to give ~25'C. Once they'd all sprouted, I'd go to 18/6, Only 1 hps needed as they're small. When they get too big for that, then they get spread out and the 2nd hps is turned on.

Some use weaker light for veg but I don't like doing that. There's a limit to how much a light can penetrate the canopy and I want as many bud sites as possible to get that light. Weaker veg light has them stretch, meaning less bud sites for the top X inches of canopy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2