Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Just wondering if anybody exhausts into and takes fresh air from the same room

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    I was curious because I have only done one auto grow and have noticed
    less of a smell and taste with mine compared to photos that I've grown.
    I have noticed since about 6 weeks in jars I am getting the smell from
    them I expected. Especially when I break a bud open.
    to be fair it has gone a bit stronger over time whilst being in the jars but still hardly anything a tiny bit of lemony or fruity but not what i'm used to
    cheers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-11-20), GEORGE (01-11-20), Ironman (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Filtered intake, I'm starting to think the no smell is more related to dust on the plants than anything else.

J

That's a very distinct possibility J. A lot of my weed I described as tasting like an old church.

Sent from Thames Ironworks

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-11-20), GEORGE (01-11-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I had timber and plaster board exposed inside the g room. I lined the inside with black and white plastic put a old filter on my intake. Seems to have done the trick.

Interesting Iron..

Scorpion do you have any exposed wood where you're growing?..mdf, plasterboard or anything 'absorbent'?

Def give it a shot with the filtering the intake too I would say as jingo suggested, just another thing to cross off the list

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-11-20), GEORGE (01-11-20), Ironman (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I became real accustomed to not having any good weed smell when I grow outdoors, then last year I went ahead and tried washing my weed for the first time. Now even my outdoor grown weed has a nice smell to it in the jar and later on when I grind it to smoke.

Do you filter your intake air? Your buds could be covered with so much dust that that keep you from getting a good smell.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...amp-cure-guide

J

good thought m8 cheers, my intake goes through a speaker that is screwed to the side of the drobe for stealth and inside the speaker has a sheet of cooker carbon sponge on the front and then there's a piece inbetween the drobe and the speaker if ya get me, i just hoover the front one every now and then

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-11-20), GEORGE (01-11-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20), Ironman (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Interesting Iron..

Scorpion do you have any exposed wood where you're growing?..mdf, plasterboard or anything 'absorbent'?

Def give it a shot with the filtering the intake too I would say as jingo suggested, just another thing to cross off the list
    That's how I managed to sort it. Slowly change thing grow by grow. It was BL who had a mate with similar problems, they both had the same clones and BL's would be lovely and his mates all churchy. He actually just bought a tent and put it inside his grow box.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-11-20), GEORGE (01-11-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    That's how I managed to sort it. Slowly change thing grow by grow. It was BL who had a mate with similar problems, they both had the same clones and BL's would be lovely and his mates all churchy. He actually just bought a tent and put it inside his grow box.

Boom and there we go, something you would never even think of can change something so drastically!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-11-20), GEORGE (01-11-20), Ironman (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Interesting Iron..

was just wondering the same but no m8 apart from it being made out of wood but it's all been painted

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-11-20), GEORGE (01-11-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20), Ironman (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,963 Times

I've had a cple that have gone a bit harsh and next to no smell after dryin. I've got all plaster board and timber, plus I regularly have to take the cover off the filter and knock all the dust off it or replace the cover entirely. I only have a few layers of cheese cloth on on my intake hole. Will be looking into this monday, put a filter on an orchid maybe, the re line the inside

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,963 Times

Had a mare last night, temp went up to 30c. Swapped the hps bulb from 600w to 250w overnight, then tonight I took my filter out the groom, I'd already took the cover off and chucked it as it was full of dust, so hoovered all round the filter, stuck it bk on and the temp went bk down to 26c, and that was after puttin the 600w back in. After that, I put an old filter on an orchid and now using that as the intake, put 75 micron sheet round the gaps of the intake too.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-11-20), GEORGE (03-11-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4