Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering if anybody exhausts into and takes fresh air from the same room

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    The succinct version of what I tried to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Prefer your eloquance

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), Doink (02-08-21), Easy-T (31-10-20), GEORGE (31-10-20), Herbitual (31-10-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

With my bedroom grows, the fan and filter was fitted directly to the outlet vent, no ducting. A powerful enough fan will draw in air from wherever.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), Doink (02-08-21), Easy-T (31-10-20), GEORGE (31-10-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    So I’ve done 4 or 5 grows now and have been let down with the results as in no taste but leaves mouth like shit and no smell and not a big high, don’t get me wrong a couple have tasted ok and got me high but they were the smallest but anyway I have always thought it was me messing up the drying and curing stage but I think I can rule that out now as I had it drying for 8 days and was going well but once again it came out shit, anyway I was talking with our good friend Ice and mentioned about taking in fresh air and exhausting out into the same room with a window open and he said he reckons that won’t be helping, so before moving my growdrobe around and pissing about and making it less stealthy I just wondered if anybody else does the same with their intake and outtake and still get results they are happy with, I’m sure Easy said he does and has no problems so fuck knows lol
    Cheers peeps

Yeah, here's the thing scorpion, when I mentioned to you that exhausting into the same room wasn't helping (and shouldn't be done) was because you told us in your post at the time that your drying area was hitting 28c...you also mentioned you had a window open and this was still happening with lights out.

It's not so much the exhausting of the fan into the same area you're growing...it's the inability to maintain the ideal conditions you're seeking.

Many growers can exhaust into the same area they are growing/drying just fine, because they are maintaining an 'ideal temperature and humidity range'..you were posting at the time saying you could not get temps down inside your drying area lower than 28c and the humidity was out of whack ..that WILL absolutely affect your finished result, and I stand by that.

I suggested at the time to pull fresh air in from a cracked window to help lower the temps, or make sure you exhaust the hot air out of the room.

Go and have a read back of the posts

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), Doink (02-08-21), Easy-T (01-11-20), GEORGE (31-10-20), Herbitual (01-11-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

I became real accustomed to not having any good weed smell when I grow outdoors, then last year I went ahead and tried washing my weed for the first time. Now even my outdoor grown weed has a nice smell to it in the jar and later on when I grind it to smoke.

Do you filter your intake air? Your buds could be covered with so much dust that that keep you from getting a good smell.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...amp-cure-guide

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), Doink (02-08-21), Easy-T (01-11-20), GEORGE (31-10-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

9. Default

So I’ve done 4 or 5 grows now and have been let down with the results as in no taste but leaves mouth like shit and no smell and not a big high, don’t get me wrong a couple have tasted ok and got me high but they were the smallest but anyway I have always thought it was me messing up the drying and curing stage but I think I can rule that out now as I had it drying for 8 days and was going well but once again it came out shit, anyway I was talking with our good friend Ice and mentioned about taking in fresh air and exhausting out into the same room with a window open and he said he reckons that won’t be helping, so before moving my growdrobe around and pissing about and making it less stealthy I just wondered if anybody else does the same with their intake and outtake and still get results they are happy with, I’m sure Easy said he does and has no problems so fuck knows lol
    Cheers peeps
    I'll also add this..I remember @Ironman was going through something similar mate, he was getting no smell from his buds for a while and it was driving him up the wall, you might wanna ask him about it as I do believe he's sorted it now

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), Doink (02-08-21), Jingo (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Cheers lads it’s back to the drawing board for me then lol, thought it was my drying and curing but this last one was dried for 8 days and has been curing for over a month I really thought I had it this time but it still looks/tastes/ and smells shit lol and puts me to sleep rather than makes me high I thought it was because I let it go too long but when I chopped it there seemed to be a smallish number of amber and when looking at it now through my microscope thing it still looks the same, I think it might be to do with the leaves turning to shit with deficiencies and a lot went to shit, I need to give my head a bastard wobble
    Cheers lads
    Just sounds like genetics or a mediocre grow imo....

Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

gardro (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Yeah, here's the thing scorpion, when I mentioned to you that exhausting into the same room wasn't helping (and shouldn't be done) was because you told us in your post at the time that your drying area was hitting 28c...you also mentioned you had a window open and this was still happening with lights out.

It's not so much the exhausting of the fan into the same area you're growing...it's the inability to maintain the ideal conditions you're seeking.

Many growers can exhaust into the same area they are growing/drying just fine, because they are maintaining an 'ideal temperature and humidity range'..you were posting at the time saying you could not get temps down inside your drying area lower than 28c and the humidity was out of whack ..that WILL absolutely affect your finished result, and I stand by that.

I suggested at the time to pull fresh air in from a cracked window to help lower the temps, or make sure you exhaust the hot air out of the room.

Go and have a read back of the posts
    cheers m8, my bad i remember that was in the summer when i was drying them it was getting pretty warm and i said i wouldn't grow again in the summer, in the winter it seems to be staying alot cooler, just don't get wtf is going on with them and trying to narrow it down

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), Jingo (31-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Just sounds like genetics or a mediocre grow imo....

Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)
    i wish it was m8 lol but it's got to be something i'm doing as i have seen yus on here and alot of other people on the internet grow them with no problems, i think it must be to do with my leaves messing up and then it goes to shit, fingers crossed these next two i'm doing will be ok
    cheers

16. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20)

17. Default

cheers m8, my bad i remember that was in the summer when i was drying them it was getting pretty warm and i said i wouldn't grow again in the summer, in the winter it seems to be staying alot cooler, just don't get wtf is going on with them and trying to narrow it down
    It's all good scorpion, have a chat with Ironman, as I said..he's gone through this same thing, he was confused about what it was for a while and I do believe he found the cause and is no longer having issues.

You've got your drying down nicely now and it still isn't working for you, soo we just need to eliminate possible causes as we go...don't give up!..there are plenty of us here to help

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), scorpion (31-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I'll also add this..I remember @Ironman was going through something similar mate, he was getting no smell from his buds for a while and it was driving him up the wall, you might wanna ask him about it as I do believe he's sorted it now
    funny enough i was just going to mention i'm sure Ironman spoke to me about getting old timers sw nutes i'll have to have a look for the convo
    cheers m8

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (31-10-20), IceCalibur (31-10-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast