Thread: Next round do I do a 1 plant scrog or not? wedding cake seed.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Default Next round do I do a 1 plant scrog or not? wedding cake seed.

Hey guys and girls,

I’m currently vegging a tiny wedding cake plant from seed under a T5.

I’m thinking about chucking it into a 20L pot next round after these cindys are done. I was planning on scrogging it. But I wanted to ask a few questions beforehand so I can make my mind up so here goes.

If I was to scrog one plant under a led panel would it be worth the extra veg time? Or would it be better to veg say 4 clones instead?

Would I get more from a one plant scrog than I would from say 4 clones? (I know its not possible to say, just a guess would do)

How easy is it to get rid of runoff in a scrog setting?

What yields have you gotten from a 1 plant scrog? (Please tell me if its in soil or not, as that’s what I plan on doing if I end up doing one).

Do I need to top the plant a few times so it has more branches to grow upto the netting?

If possible, can you post links to your scrog diaries

Any other tips/advice is welcomed. Thansk guys n gals.
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery

If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-11-20), GEORGE (05-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-11-20), GEORGE (05-11-20), SyRaX (05-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,170 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Watch my diary i think my way is better than a scrog

Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)
    The one in your thread? I’ll have a gander

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-11-20), GEORGE (05-11-20), Shreder (05-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

From what I've read of soil scrogs, you'll need to have them in their final pot before they start growing through the screen.

How easy is it to get rid of runoff in a scrog setting?

It needs to be thought through first. Once that is done correctly, it's not difficult, just a drag. Check out 'Rhizo Stands'. About £8 each iirc. or diy your own. I used to have a modular scrog on castors. Three 6'x2' trolleys with a bucket at the end of each trolley collecting the runoff. What can be a problem is scrogging in a 4'x4' tent with only front access. My arms were not long enough to weave at the back.

If I was to scrog one plant under a led panel would it be worth the extra veg time? Or would it be better to veg say 4 clones instead?

That's down to logistics and you can't get the logistics correct until you've had experience with the strain. I used to scrog 5 photos in 4'x4'. No matter how homogenous a strain is claimed to be, some grow bigger/better than others. (Possibly grower error in my case.) With 5, I'd have the biggest 2 plants on one side with 3 on the other side. From starting the seeds, it took 7 weeks for them to fill the screen enough to flip them.

What yields have you gotten from a 1 plant scrog?

Yield per plant doesn't really apply as you control how long it is in veg. Estimating yield per square foot is more reliable imo. The best I got was just over 1.5oz psf. Getting 1.3oz psf was routine. That's with 37.5w psf of hps which is pretty low. I've read of growers getting 2oz psf but that is a very tight canopy. Every gap in the canopy is 'lost' yield.

Do I need to top the plant a few times so it has more branches to grow upto the netting?

Strain dependent. My strain liked to branch so no need.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-20)