Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Male plant

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,639 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Would hermie pollen yield fem plants?? Sorry, thinking out loud....

Best of luck with the Mango Skunk and Swiss Cheese.
    Yes! Excellent question Valentina!

I saved a banana from the True Blue W1 hermie and am going to see if it will give me some pollen and I'll shake it over a branch of True Blue B1.

Also, various research online cannabis places say that a 'True' hermie female will go hermie even if a strong 'Regular' (as opposed to hermies from breeding fems), particularly during light stress or off season grows for outdoor or various human tricks to light deprive the plant to stress and bring out the hermie trait so it will propagate it's genes.

I read in a couple of breeding places that you can save the bananas from a 'True' hermie and use the pollen from it on another plant of the same strain to get fems nearly all the time without using colloidal silver to get fems. I want to try it out.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Petal For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-11-20), Dionysos (14-11-20), GEORGE (07-11-20), MrC (07-11-20), Stillmix (29-11-20), Valentina (11-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,639 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Just ordered 10 x Nirvana Mango Skunk Regulars and 10 x Nirvana Swiss Cheese Regulars.

Noice one MrCanna

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Petal For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-11-20), Dionysos (14-11-20), GEORGE (07-11-20), MrC (07-11-20), Stillmix (29-11-20), Valentina (11-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Would hermie pollen yield fem plants?? Sorry, thinking out loud....

Best of luck with the Mango Skunk and Swiss Cheese.
    Breading Hermies is a bad idea.
    Yes you will get a high female rate however they still have the hermies trait it will lead to a room full of plants who hermie more than normal.

I know some won’t take that in & try it,if you do well you’ll have the experience to pass on what I have
    Bite The Bullet ~ rip Motörhead.
    My current grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...garden-revived

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-11-20), GEORGE (29-11-20), MrC (29-11-20), Petal (29-11-20), Valentina (29-11-20)

Thanks

Good luck with the regular seeds closet breading can be a lotta fun.
    So much you learn doing it as well.
    I’ve had a few tries I only got one stable strain out of years of work shame I lost it tbh it’s was something I called alpine that did well inside & outside & had a lovely alpine smell hence it’s name lol.
    I got some others I didn’t try to stabilise that I just grew out for one grow some good some not so good.
    It’s something I really like doing atm I don’t have the space that was from years ago when I did.

Sure you’ll have fun

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-11-20), GEORGE (29-11-20), MrC (29-11-20), Petal (29-11-20), Valentina (29-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,963 Times

Thanks man, I binned the hermie plant and got another on the go, bubba haze I think. Collected a bit of pollen from it, got it sittin in a dab pot. Got a female I should be able to put the pollen on in a week, that female's a Blue dream. Also got 10 x seedsman amnesia and 10 x sdsmn original skunk regulars to play with soon.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-11-20), GEORGE (29-11-20), Petal (29-11-20), Stillmix (29-11-20), Valentina (29-11-20)

Thanks

Guess it’s something you have to do to see why it’s not a good idea not that I can say much I did myself out of interest the first time I thought it was a good idea as the first grow from it I got lucky & got females that didn’t herm & I thought well this is ok a few grows down the line I realised it wasn’t.

Lol it’s so funny you mentioned blue dream; I had one in my flowering room when I was trying to bread skunk#1 & northern lights to get as near as I could to the old silver Pearl before I had to shut ( I forgot about that one ) I was expecting it to be a long process to get a good silver Pearl mother my dreams died when the blue dream hermied and spat her pollen all over the place

I say I haven’t the space however I know me I like breading as much if not more than growing,when I’ve a couple under my belt again & have enough saved up bud I’ll probably have another go only this time it will be a pure skunk#1 & northern lights grow that blue dream cost me a packet imo as I had got them from sensi seeds witch I don’t think I’ll use sensi seeds this time ; not since his son took over it’s now definitely relying on in name.
    Have fun either way.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-20), Petal (29-11-20), Valentina (29-11-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2