Thread: Amendments to Pre-fertilised Soil

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Default Amendments to Pre-fertilised Soil

Hey peeps,

I am using Plagron Allmix soil for my next grow which is pre fertilised with organic nutrients they reckon enough for up to 6 weeks. My previous experience with this media was good but it was pretty strong. On this next grow, I want to include some alfalfa meal and maybe some insect frass, mainly for the beneficial 'side effects' like triaconranol and chitin.

As both Alfalfa and frass have NPK values, can anyone advise if I risk over fertilising if I add these amendments at the beginning of the grow (prob mix them in) or will their nutritional value be insignificant in relation to the level of prefertilisation in the soil mix? As an alternative I was considering waiting until later in the grow when the soil becomes depleted and then adding them in as a tea but then will lose many weeks of benefit.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    DT

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-11-20), GEORGE (11-11-20), Jingo (11-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dick_turpine View Post
    Hey peeps,

I am using Plagron Allmix soil for my next grow which is pre fertilised with organic nutrients they reckon enough for up to 6 weeks. My previous experience with this media was good but it was pretty strong. On this next grow, I want to include some alfalfa meal and maybe some insect frass, mainly for the beneficial 'side effects' like triaconranol and chitin.

As both Alfalfa and frass have NPK values, can anyone advise if I risk over fertilising if I add these amendments at the beginning of the grow (prob mix them in) or will their nutritional value be insignificant in relation to the level of prefertilisation in the soil mix? As an alternative I was considering waiting until later in the grow when the soil becomes depleted and then adding them in as a tea but then will lose many weeks of benefit.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    DT
    Just give it A good watering A few days before planting, and you should be good. JMO

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-11-20), Jingo (11-11-20)