Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Switching to LED?

Thanks

Default Switching to LED?

Hi!

New to this, have an auto flower seedling growing under two CFL’s. On day 9 and the plant has 4 true leaves. My LED grow light arrived today, when would you suggest switching to the LED?

Thanks!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (14-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (14-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

As soon as possible. What light did you get?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (14-11-20), Blue61 (14-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), Herbitual (14-11-20), M_C (14-11-20)

Thanks

Two set of true leaves? I would introduce them to LED now. Just ensure they are not too close to the light until they get used to the increase and different type of lighting.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shovel1966 For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (14-11-20), Valentina (15-11-20)

Thanks

I got a 100w full spectrum light. (Links aren’t allowed right?)

Specs: 148*red, 2*IR, 2*UV, 30*BLUE, 4*WW LED bulbs

What distance and settings would you recommend? It has veg, bloom and full options. I’ve been reading to put it on full as the blue light alone on the veg option isn’t enough. Also has low, medium and high light intensity options.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (14-11-20)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cacticat View Post
    I got a 100w full spectrum light. (Links aren’t allowed right?)

Specs: 148*red, 2*IR, 2*UV, 30*BLUE, 4*WW LED bulbs

What distance and settings would you recommend? It has veg, bloom and full options. I’ve been reading to put it on full as the blue light alone on the veg option isn’t enough. Also has low, medium and high light intensity options.
    Turn them all on. Do you know if it is A QB or old type Light. No, but you can tell us the name of the light.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (15-11-20)

Thanks

It’s the koopower 100w LED bulb on Amazon UK

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (15-11-20)

Thanks

Buddy that isn't go to grow much weed. It only puts out 20 Watts. You can get it 6" from your plant. Check out Budget LED one of our sponsor for some QB led. I have two I just bought, around 162 each, 130 true watts, can be adjusted to any watt from 5 to 130. Here is one that is at 65W, Black Friday is coming up, be sure to check out all the QB Sponsor, and see what kind of sale you can get. That house bulb is not very good, but use what you have, until you can get something better.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (15-11-20), Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), redisiel (15-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Buddy that isn't go to grow much weed. It only puts out 20 Watts. You can get it 6" from your plant. Check out Budget LED one of our sponsor for some QB led. I have two I just bought, around 162 each, 130 true watts, can be adjusted to any watt from 5 to 130. Here is one that is at 65W, Black Friday is coming up, be sure to check out all the QB Sponsor, and see what kind of sale you can get. That house bulb is not very good, but use what you have, until you can get something better.

Oh really, only 20w? How did you figure that out? Obviously I’ve been doing something wrong! Out of work now until February so a better light is probably out of the question. If I got a second one of these bulbs would that improve anything? Obviously not great but if it’ll help some I can afford that one again. Just checked out the website, the smallest one they have, 65w, that would fit in my set up, definitely an option for when I have more cash!

Since this is my first time and I’m learning as I go, I’m not too worried about yield, more just learning how to keep the plant alive and not kill it with watering or nutrients haha! Obviously a higher yield is ideal but my next grow I’m planning on going in strong! My main struggle is understanding lighting for sure but you’ve really helped a girl out so thanks!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

11milesoffshore (15-11-20), Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (15-11-20), redisiel (15-11-20)

Thanks

Oh really, only 20w? How did you figure that out? Obviously I’ve been doing something wrong! Out of work now until February so a better light is probably out of the question. If I got a second one of these bulbs would that improve anything? Obviously not great but if it’ll help some I can afford that one again. Just checked out the website, the smallest one they have, 65w, that would fit in my set up, definitely an option for when I have more cash!

Since this is my first time and I’m learning as I go, I’m not too worried about yield, more just learning how to keep the plant alive and not kill it with watering or nutrients haha! Obviously a higher yield is ideal but my next grow I’m planning on going in strong! My main struggle is understanding lighting for sure but you’ve really helped a girl out so thanks!
    Description says
    Energy Saving -- 100Watt led grow light equivalent actual power consumption of about 30W

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (15-11-20), Valentina (15-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Description says
    Energy Saving -- 100Watt led grow light equivalent actual power consumption of about 30W
    30W is okay to keep a plant in a 5 inch pot into flowering, but I would be doubtful of any meaningful amount of yield.

Whatever the technology you use, a very rough guide is about 100 watts being extracted from the wall, converted into light and blasted at ONE SINGLE PLANT for decent results.

What are your options to return the lamp, and have you had a look at the lamps from our sponsors?

I use "blurple" LED as well, 180 watt pull from the wall, in a 40cm x 40cm space, with a 13 litre pot, and the plants are grown in soil. I have yet to pack the tent wall to wall after a few good tries.

So if you are looking for a computer case grow, your lamp is probably okay; anything bigger and you could well be better off with something from our sponsors, or see if any of our in house wizards could take you under their wing and mentor you as you build something bespoke.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (15-11-20), M_C (15-11-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast