Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Switching to LED?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Just realised yours is an auto.

Just add the LED to the CFLS for now, but stay on top of what return options you have for the lamp, or what your options are over all.

Autos are very dependent on time and they need all the light they can get from the get go.

What ventilation and air filtration do you have in place? I do hope you have a carbon filter to keep the smell under the radar of everyone?

Always stick to the Rule Of Six L's

No Smell
    No Tell
    No Sell.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (15-11-20), redisiel (15-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Whatever the technology you use, a very rough guide is about 100 watts being extracted from the wall,
    Bang on Val! You can veg with less but flowering? More is better
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-20), Dionysos (15-11-20), GEORGE (15-11-20), redisiel (15-11-20), Valentina (15-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Just realised yours is an auto.

Just add the LED to the CFLS for now, but stay on top of what return options you have for the lamp, or what your options are over all.

Autos are very dependent on time and they need all the light they can get from the get go.

What ventilation and air filtration do you have in place? I do hope you have a carbon filter to keep the smell under the radar of everyone?

Always stick to the Rule Of Six L's

No Smell
    No Tell
    No Sell.
    Hi! Thanks for your help! This is actually a PC grow so I’m glad you mentioned that! I found a light that says it “compares to traditional 400 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 120 watts” would this be enough for me and my tiny grow space? I have a intake fan and a heatsink out take fan. Have a carbon filter at the ready too

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-20), GEORGE (15-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by cacticat View Post
    Hi! Thanks for your help! This is actually a PC grow so I’m glad you mentioned that! I found a light that says it “compares to traditional 400 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 120 watts” would this be enough for me and my tiny grow space? I have a intake fan and a heatsink out take fan. Have a carbon filter at the ready too
    If it not A QB or A cob, or A Micro, it is old teck, and 120W is only 120W, will not be no where as good as A 400W HPS. You will have to go with QB, Cob's, or Micro, to get the lower watts be more accurate to the HPS watting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    If it not A QB or A cob, or A Micro, it is old teck, and 120W is only 120W, will not be no where as good as A 400W HPS. You will have to go with QB, Cob's, or Micro, to get the lower watts be more accurate to the HPS watting.
    I think I definitely wanna stick with LEDs! I’m being offered a 300w meizhi light for pretty cheap, draws 120. Would these be any better?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think I definitely wanna stick with LEDs! I’m being offered a 300w meizhi light for pretty cheap, draws 120. Would these be any better?
    Like I said before, 120 Watts is 120Watts in those older type lights. On the new one's they don't measure in Watts any more, but rather in PAR, which is 2 to 1 ratio of HPS Watts or LED old type Watts. Like M_C has mention before 100 wall watts per plant to grow decent plant the old fashion way.

Thanks

Ok thanks for your help here and on my previous posts. I appreciate your advice and thank you for not being rude or judgemental. Nice to have a safe space to ask dumb questions! I’m probably gonna go for this light I’m being offered. Not the best of the best by any means at all, but really I’m just having fun and seeing what I can do with a cheap set up!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacticat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Check out Countrytoker34 grow here. He is using an older type LED, but Wall 450W. They do grow nice weed, but takes twice the watts as the newer LED's.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...186428-Nl-auto

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,497 Times

You are correct, no links but you can put up a screen shot of the light.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

I would not touch the Messy lamps with even a barge pole. Tech has moved on and the blurples are from a few years ago. The modern "white" LEDs pack more punch and when the time comes I would switch to the modern lamps as well, like the "QB" Quantum Boards.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2