Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wine making

Thanks

We all know 3 bottles of champagne are better than one.
    Will make now using a glass gallon ferminter will get 2 bottles of 2liter plastic coke died bottles from this.
    I will photo all the process for anybody who is interested 6 bottles of half decent champagne.
    Got to make the yeast as using dried Elderflowers, yeast making lukewarm water in wine bottle half full add 4 tablespoons of clarified sugar, add the yeast I find with this I use half a packet of yeast, leaving remainder in fridge for up to a year or two handy as yeast multiples propositional in bottle half a packet is fine at £2-4 a packet its worth it.
    put in hot press with a two sheet of kitchen towel folded up and stuffed into opening loosely. Having problems wet the paper ?.

I will photo all the process for anybody who is interested 6 bottles of half decent champagne.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-11-20), scoot (08-02-21)

Thanks

It starts to ferment almost straight away but leave 24-36 hours depends how hot your hot press is. sterilize the container you can use bleach the LIDL one at 50 p will do but only half a cup to 1 gallon bring to boil 1kg sugar be careful this stuff causes permanent scars if spilled on you. Wash out 2-3 times and fill leave for one day this allows the funny funky chemicals to dissipate ,Same as PH water, now you got it ?
    Empty container turn upside down and let drain 1-2 hours. fill container half add your Bentonite and dried elderflowers in muslin bag ,check temp 21-25c is OK add clarified sugar add yeast bottle they will be froth near the top now. top up with lukewarm water making sure not to increase temp. Stick the bung on and let ferment. Make sure to not recycle those coke 2 liter bottles.
    Tips add 2 liters of non pasteurized apple juice ? can not ferment pasteurized juice. To make more fortified wine and reduce sugar by 1/2 a kg.
    You can really use any juice i once you's d cranberry juice when i had UTIs. Up to you but ?. See ya in two weeks.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-11-20), scoot (08-02-21), Tincandtoke (20-11-20)

Thanks

Wine is a dynamic and chemical soup, constantly changing, evolving, and oxidizing reducing. From the moment it is made, Yes, it will improve, mature, reach a peak, and then you drink it.
    Lalvin
    EC-1118 Prise de Mousse wine yeast used comes free with most good quality wine kits and i had two packets in fridge. very good for sparkling wine 18%
    A low foaming, vigorous and fast fermented good for both reds and whites. It is also ideal for ciders and sparkling wines.
    adding more water or using less sugar lowers % proof. If you want a bottle that shows the boys from the men be my quest.
    If anybody interested iv got an excel chart detailing all yeast types and uses %proof might upload with photos.

I like fine wine and some are now 2 years old I find that kits are the way to go as are autos in cannabis growing its just easier quicker and all chemicals needed are included some of the best wines in the world are available to brew. for £3-5 a bottle most expensive kits are never more than £150 that's £5 a bottle

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Got a VIOGNIER kit not brewed yet and am trying to balance the amount of white and reds Atmosphere Viognier, California 16 Litre Wine Kit,
    Need a good wine for shellfish as i have a easy supply from local fisherman. Put a wet container on my details book and its a wet sogginess mess had dates amounts times ingredients etc my own fault.

Would have liked more to be interested in my wine tread it is an area where i am very proficient and as this is my first grow of Cannabis i taught i would share my knowledge give something back to the community as i have gotten here..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-11-20), Jingo (20-11-20), scoot (08-02-21), Tincandtoke (20-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Im sure youre very knowledgeable and its appreciated, but cant be too surprised that people prefer cannabis on here.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (20-11-20), GEORGE (20-11-20), IceCalibur (20-11-20), Jingo (20-11-20), scoot (08-02-21)

Thanks

Where in the process of wine making would you add cannabis or would it be better to add something to the finished product?
    I think there will be interest, A cannabis wine would be nice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201118_130310.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	391310  

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tincandtoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tincandtoke View Post
    Where in the process of wine making would you add cannabis or would it be better to add something to the finished product?
    I think there will be interest, A cannabis wine would be nice
    To be honest and truthful I don't know for sure as this is my first grow and I'm learning like you but I WILL EXPERIMENT to see how to impart the THC AND CBT without imparting flavor as this is important to me .This is what I'm going to try as its the same as infusing thyme rosemary etc into wine.

Most iv seen are decarb wine and put 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of high grade into crock pot and simmering for 120 minutes but this destroys the alcohol.
    So give me a little time to experiment as i have plenty of wine and now my first successful grow.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), scoot (08-02-21), Tincandtoke (21-11-20)

Thanks

There is a chemist friend who likes a toke now and then i think ill pick his brain.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), scoot (08-02-21), Tincandtoke (21-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    There is a chemist friend who likes a toke now and then i think ill pick his brain.
    That would be great, I just picked up chemistry and chemistry 2 for dummies as a refresher for a formal chemistry course, I forgot everything!!!
    Just starting in the world of molecular gastronomy and wine making seems to fit in nicely
    Very curious about what form of thc to add, oil, powder, syrup
    When do you add it?
    Baking and wine making are great examples of art and science coming together, too bad I suck at both

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tincandtoke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-11-20), scoot (08-02-21)

Thanks

Just thought this thread from another site might help with infused wine
    The author of the thread makes beer and spoke about adding cannabis oil to his malt mixture

~External Link Removed~

Maybe cannabis infused homemade beer and wine would be a way of introducing folks to these arts
    Just throwing it out there.....
    Last edited by IceCalibur; 25-11-20 at 02:21 AM. Reason: External Link Removed

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tincandtoke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-20), scoot (08-02-21)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast