Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Starting my first grow! All set up and rolling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Starting my first grow! All set up and rolling

I started this grow 3 days ago.
    Clover is coming in good. I planted the seeds this morning.
    after MONTHS of research and saving money to purchase equipment a little at a time I'm off and going!
    Tent
    4x8x7'

Lights:
    4 QB96's v2
    600ha driver Total watts 600
    China King bright light
    480 watts total

Fans
    Two cheap desk fans (I'll add different ones soon)

6" infinity cloudline t6
    I have it setup on AUTO (This might not be a good idea?)

Two 15 gallon fabric pots

Seeds are from Growers Choice
    Feminized
    Amnesia and Cinderella 99

I have two Ezviz wireless cameras so I can keep an eye on things. I have an app so I can check on the ladies from anywhere.

I wired up two new outlets for this grow. I have the lights on one breaker.
    I have everything else hooked up to the second breaker I installed.

I built a stand to mount the driver, power strips etc..

I have a large fan blowing on the driver outside the tent because after running for 4 hours she's pretty warm. Maybe having it attached to the wood isn't a good idea? Should I take it off and install something behind the driver and then screw it back to the wood stand? Are the lights too far from the pots?

Soil Mix
    5 gallons of Bu's Blend Compost
    5 gallons of coco (wasn't pre washed) I ran 40-50 gallons of water through it to wash salts out
    3 gallons of worm castings
    2 gallons of perlite
    2 cups of down to earth rose n flower
    1 1/2 cups of down to earth azomite
    1 cup of down to earth oyster shells
    I sprinkled clover on top and then put worm castings over the clover

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	498A769C-C406-43E7-A704-574C5D7C4752.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	391113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2456E0F5-87EB-4D27-AB19-853150FD13D7.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	391114It wasn't cheap setting this up so I'm hoping everything goes well.

For water I'll be using the water from a machine at my local car wash. Filter many times/UV filtered etc...
    I filled (3) 5 gallon jugs. I will refill them when needed considering its right next door to my house.

I am going to pick up a humidifier and a de-humidifier incase I need them.

Well, I think that sums it up. I mixed the soil up and plated the clover this morning. The seeds are wrapped in paper towels in my drawer. In 2-3 days I will plant the seeds.

Based off all of this do any of you have suggestions? What should I change? Should I add something?
    I'm open to suggestions and I will update this thread as much as possible. I will update every 2-3 days.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (16-11-20), Blue61 (16-11-20), euglan (18-03-21), Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), GEORGE (16-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Very nice setup. Big tent, you will lack light intensity in the corners. Could easily get 480w on each side but with only two plants u be fine.
    Whats the CFM or M3H rate on ur exhaust and filter?

Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), GEORGE (16-11-20), sourshoes (16-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

I'm in for the ride. But just to be honest that tent looks 2'x8', but might just look that way because of the picture. lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), sourshoes (16-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Sign me up I like where you're headed! Good luck.

sent from space

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), GEORGE (16-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,101 Times

If only growing 2 plants, wouldn't you be better off with a 1m x 1m x1.8m tent?or even a 1m x1.2m. Would still give you plenty of room for your plants to grow nice and big. Unless you are planning on vegging for a long time to really make them grow?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karlito1 For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), GEORGE (17-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Very nice setup. Big tent, you will lack light intensity in the corners. Could easily get 480w on each side but with only two plants u be fine.
    Whats the CFM or M3H rate on ur exhaust and filter?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][U" OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco,

I was going to do 4 plants on each side but with this being my first grow i want to make sure i can actually make it happen. For the next grow I will do 4 plants on each side. That was the whole purpose for such a big tent.
    It sounds like i will have to get some more lights then once i run 4 plants on each side?

The exhaust fan is an infinity cloudline T 6" Airflow: 402 CFM

I do not have a filter just yet.

Which filter do you guys suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I'm in for the ride. But just to be honest that tent looks 2'x8', but might just look that way because of the picture. lol
    lol yeah, just the picture. She's a big ass tent. Way overkill for these two plants i know.

But I wanted to buy one tent and be done. The future goal is 4 plants on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    Sign me up I like where you're headed! Good luck.

sent from space
    Thanks! I hope it goes well

Quote Originally Posted by Karlito1 View Post
    If only growing 2 plants, wouldn't you be better off with a 1m x 1m x1.8m tent?or even a 1m x1.2m. Would still give you plenty of room for your plants to grow nice and big. Unless you are planning on vegging for a long time to really make them grow?

Oh yeah. I know the tent is overkill. Its for future grows. I just want to make sure I can actually grow proper before I spend tons of money on filling 6 more pots. know what I mean?

How many weeks do you suggest I veg in this tent for these two plants ?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-11-20), Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), GEORGE (17-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

I think you're going to smash it. How light does your soil feel? Looks like you did your own little mix I'm looking forward to watching this.

If you can get your watering right I bet it's a homerun.

Where did you source the worm castings?

sent from space
    Last edited by sourshoes; 17-11-20 at 01:52 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    I think you're going to smash it. How light does your soil feel? Looks like you did your own little mix I'm looking forward to watching this.

If you can get your watering right I bet it's a homerun.

Where did you source the worm castings?

sent from space

The soil doesn’t feel too light. It feels pretty solid actually.
    I was going to make my own worm castings but held off to long. I ended up buying worm castings off Amazon.

I’ll be making a compost tea every 2-3 weeks to feed the plants. I’ll use seaweed extract and worm castings for the tea. Molasses as well. I’ll let it bubble for 20-30 hours. I’ll give each plant a gallon of it

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-11-20), Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), GEORGE (17-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

If not mistaken, CFM is lower than M3H.
    I use a 600 m3h filter with a 530 m3h exhaust in a 1.2 sqm or 4' sqf. Its a bit over kill but i must handle high temps at summer.
    In your 4*8, youd probably need around 1000 in filter and 800 in exhausts to properly ventilate your tent without any smell leaks. Those would be 8 inchers (filter and exhausts). You could get another pair of small / medium filter and exhaust to go on the other side of the tent. Just make sure overall m3h is above 800 minimum.

You need another 2 big ass fans in there
    16" or more, or better, a couple tower fans, facing each other, hang horizontaly.

Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)
    Last edited by Shreder; 17-11-20 at 11:32 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (20-11-20), GEORGE (17-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    If not mistaken, CFM is lower than M3H.
    I use a 600 m3h filter with a 530 m3h exhaust in a 1.2 sqm or 4' sqf. Its a bit over kill but i must handle high temps at summer.
    In your 4*8, youd probably need around 1000 in filter and 800 in exhausts to properly ventilate your tent without any smell leaks. Those would be 8 inchers (filter and exhausts). You could get another pair of small / medium filter and exhaust to go on the other side of the tent. Just make sure overall m3h is above 800 minimum.

You need another 2 big ass fans in there
    16" or more, or better, a couple tower fans, facing each other, hang horizontaly.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE"https:/.php?186067-Shreder-s-Coco-Adventures"]Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301FONT]

Thanks for the info. It’s kinda annoying for me because I ordered the t8” fan and they sent me the 6”. I didn’t want to deal with sending it back and waiting weeks to
    Get the 8”. It was actually on back order so it was a mess. I’m probably going to get the 8” fan and get the correct filter for it and roll with it.

Ah yes, I figured I needed bigger fans. I will get those tonight!

I have another question for you guys. My humidity is going low as 30% at night and the highest during the day with the lights on is around 45-50%. My humidifier will be here today. I was going to set it to 70%. Do you guys think that’s too high? From my research with the seeds just starting 65-75% Is perfect. What do you guys suggest?

Also my infinity fan is set to auto. That’s just how I set it up. There’s times especially at night the fan doesn’t even have to run.

Is that bad? Should I just turn it on and maybe keep the fan at 2-3 speed?

The day temp it stays at 75-77 degrees. At night it drops to 65-67ish

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast