Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Starting my first grow! All set up and rolling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    Ease up on the water. You can mist the top layer to keep your clover happy but you don't want your pot soggy.

If I had a seedling in that pot I wouldn't water very often at all.

sent from space

ah. I was under the impression I needed the soil to be soaked at all times.

well....this is starting to be a failure....

one seed popped up several days ago and hasn't changed since. The other pot, the seed didn't even sprout.

Trying to decide if i should scratch the clover/marijuana seeds and start over or what I should do at this point. I do know one thing....this situation isn't working out too well.

I have no idea what has happened. The clover has been planted for 7 days now and isn't making much progress at all.

I don't know if its a humidity issue
    or a water issue
    or a soil issue.....
    or a light issue ?

I've had the lights full blast since day one. But for the first 4 days the lights were very high up in the air. I think 50" or so..I can't remember exactly

3 days ago I lowered the lights down to 30" from the top of the soil

does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a PH meter and I'm using filtered water from a car wash water dispenser

triple filtered
    ran under a UV light etc..

When I put some of the water in a cup and stick my PH meter in it, it says 7.0 at first then drops real fast to around 6.3-6.5

If i leave the meter in long enough it drops even more

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-11-20), Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (22-11-20), GEORGE (22-11-20)

Thanks

Edit with the ph meter

It’s staying around 6.3/6.5

It hasn’t dropped anymore than that. So I’d say it’s not a water ph issue.

It could be a too much water issue and maybe I’ve drowned the clover and seedlings ?

Run down on room temps and humidity again

Day time average is about 79f
    Humidity is 40-50%ish

Night time temps 65ish
    Night time Humidity 60-75%ish

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-11-20), Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (22-11-20), GEORGE (22-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

Start ypur next seeds in a smaller pot then put them into the big pots. I'd say it's just too wet. You want the soil moist but not soaking wet. Especially when it's a such a young plant.

sent from space

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

does anyone have any suggestions?

There are advantages to soil but having a guaranteed easy first grow isn't one of them. Those into soil growing, house plants, flowers and veg in the garden etc. have already been through the soil learning curve and their first cannabis grow will be easy.

My suggestion is to decide where you want to end up and then plan the most reliable way of getting there. Doing it right means never running dry. As long as that happens, how it happens is personal choice. For me, less hassle during a grow beats doing work to keep their environment optimal. I'm self sufficient either way. Me first, plants second.

With photos, I plan around a base yield of 1 ounce per square foot. Which is nothing special. No forum bragging rights for 1oz psf. With 2 x 600w in an 8x4 tent, that's only 0.75 gpw but hey, it's still 32oz. 2 of those grows a years means an ounce a week for me and some left over for ladies who smile.

In practice, my yields averaged 1.15oz/1.2oz psf with very little effort. With passive hydro, you can do the same or better first grow. Coco is now the most popular medium for passive. Use a popular brand that is ready to use straight out of the bag and the same brand of coco nutes. Only use basic nutes until you've done 3 grows.

If your heart is set on being a soil grower, learn soil outside of the tent with regular plants while the coco is getting your jars full. When your stash is large enough to survive a failed grow, try soil in the tent.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), GEORGE (22-11-20)

Thanks

Double post.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), GEORGE (22-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

You can do it. Don't give up.

sent from space

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (29-11-20), GEORGE (22-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    You can do it. Don't give up.

sent from space

I wont be giving up thats for sure

The seeds never came up.

I lowered the lights more and quit watering so much

The clover is growing a little better but still not at the speed i've seen it grow for other growers with the exact soil mix

I bought a seed starter humidity dome

Starting over and going to get the seedlings started in the humidity grow dome

Hopefully I have better results

I won't post a lot of updates until the seedlings actually sprout and start growing

I will make a new thread at that time to track progress etc..

thanks so much for all the advice everyone
    I appreciate it

Trial and error. I can't be too mad. This was my first time trying this. I will keep trying until I make it happen

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-11-20), Cannabug (28-01-21), Farmer Geddon (29-11-20), GEORGE (29-11-20)

Thanks

How about doing a learning grow alongside your main grow? Gets you much more trial and error in the same time frame.

Start a few freebie seeds and see by how much you can neglect them. No humidity dome, only watered half as often as the main plants etc. If they start crowding the main plants, they've served their purpose, cull them,

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-11-20), Cannabug (28-01-21), GEORGE (29-11-20), sourshoes (29-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    How about doing a learning grow alongside your main grow? Gets you much more trial and error in the same time frame.

Start a few freebie seeds and see by how much you can neglect them. No humidity dome, only watered half as often as the main plants etc. If they start crowding the main plants, they've served their purpose, cull them,

That's a good idea! Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-20)

Thanks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rollingblunts For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (28-01-21), GEORGE (28-01-21)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast