Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Has anybody or does anybody use a herbdryer or we dryer, not the dehydrators though

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    Cheers m8 I am trying lol just not green fingered one bit, I suppose I get some things right like them getting to the end but then it’s the dreaded drying, I wouldn’t be arsed if there wasn’t one leaf left on them at the end as long as they dried proper and tasted at least ok lol
    I hear you scorp, well either way let us know how you get on with this dryer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-21), Mac (04-06-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_tpfi View Post
    it seems to me like you've fallen into the trap a lot of people seem to
    drying and curing are two completely different stages, where as people seem to think there is an overlap and there should not be
    your weed has to be dry before you put it into a jar, it can take anywhere from 10 - 21 days to dry properly and there's no real issue with it taking longer, if it needs to.
    when you come to do the 'snap test' where you wait for a crack when you bend a stem , it can then go into jars and the jars be left open for another week
    the you can begin to cure from there.
    also if you find your smoke to be too damp. don't be scared to get it back out of a jar and leave it for a day or two
    once you get it dried properly it should be a decent smoke
    your right m8 i just can't get it, i've been told by plenty of people on here, i've read and watched shitloads on the internet about drying and curing and still can't get it, my first few grows dried too fast after 3-4 days, then i had one that took 10 days to dry and it still came out dry as shit man and waiting for the smaller stem to snap shit it would be dust for me lmao, just can’t drum it into my head man

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-21), Jesse_tpfi (03-03-21), Mac (04-06-21)

Thanks

Control the temp and humidity - temp at room temperature and humidity 40 - 50% if you can with a controller. Glad there’s a post on these herb dryers. Was about to start a new thread about it and didn’t even knew these existed until another member here mentioned them in another thread. Do any come with a Uk plug? I see many with these 2 pin plugs. I know there’s adaptors but I tend to stay away from these. Some of the descriptions say that they leave the pot free for regrowth that it frees up the pot and plant continue to grow while your current batch dries. Not sure if they assume this will be getting hung somewhere else. I’m always immediately onto the next grow to help keep a buffer system in place

Definitely thinking about picking one up. Can easily hang it in the tent. Will be good to see people’s results with it

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-21), Mac (04-06-21), scorpion (15-04-21)

Thanks

Cheers bud I’ll be using mine in the next week so fingers crossed it goes right lol, not sure if any come with a U.K. plug m8 mine has an adapter with it, I think they might mean you can keep growing in the tent or growdrobe whilst hanging this somewhere else instead of drying in the growing place, it has a carbon filter in it to cut the smell down a lot too, I think Cont3 said there was a slight smell still

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-04-21), e11 (03-06-21), GEORGE (15-04-21), Mac (04-06-21)

Thanks

When I lived in Humboldt County I never had issues drying, we'd just hang it in the spare bedroom, it would take at least 3 weeks to dry, and alway came out perfect, but then I lived a block from the ocean and the normal humidity was about 60%. Now that I'm in a slighty warmer, and much dryer climate I also struggle with it drying too quickly. Best I've found is letting it dry for 3-5 days in a cool spot, with the shade leaves on it, then trim the leaves off and put a good trim on the bud, then into the jars with a humidity meter in each jar (got a dozen on E-Bay for about $15). I leave the jars open during the day until the humidity gets to about 60%, then cap them for the night, check humidity in the morning and open the jars again as needed. I have found it also help if you mix the buds up in the jar for more even drying.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

e11 (03-06-21), GEORGE (20-04-21), Mac (04-06-21), scorpion (20-04-21)

Thanks

cheers m8 i think the main problem is just me lol, i've had it dry in 3 days, 5 days, 8 days and it still comes out crap dry with hardly any high, i'm hoping this herbdryer will help this time cheers bud

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-21), Mac (04-06-21)

Thanks

I’m using the herb dryer at the moment for the first time. I stuck a humidity sensor in the 3rd compartment and it’s reading a high 90%. I’ve heard good things about these herb dryers, which is why I picked one up too but just concerned about the high if anyone else has had that and still had a good dry at the end ?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-06-21), Mac (04-06-21), scorpion (06-06-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e11 View Post
    I’m using the herb dryer at the moment for the first time. I stuck a humidity sensor in the 3rd compartment and it’s reading a high 90%. I’ve heard good things about these herb dryers, which is why I picked one up too but just concerned about the high if anyone else has had that and still had a good dry at the end ?
    i only used the second compartment m8 and i think the hygrometer was 40 odd percent, hope it comes out good for you m8

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-06-21), Mac (07-06-21)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5