Thread: What’s your thoughts?

on a cloud half the time, other half in the fridge
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,406 Times

Default What’s your thoughts?

Hey people,

Anyone used to venting into the attic?

I am in the process of kitting out the spare room. I have some plants vegging which ideally I should’ve sorted the room out sooner with ventilation etc but things have come up.

My thoughts are maybe 8” fan I think I might go with the silenced hyper fan.... anyone used these? How silent are they? I was thinking of cutting a hole into the ceiling of the bedroom and running ducting into the loft and venting out somewhere so has anyone done this? If so where would you try and vent to then so heat isn’t building up in the loft as there’s very little insulation to the roof itself
    ---Marley's Grow Diaries---

Marley's Diary - Black Rose - Kushage - Sour AK - Jack https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ack-Black-Rose
    Marley's 3 Strain Soil Grow - BlackJack - Nebula - Critical#47 https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-Soil-Grow

A Trich or Few a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marley13 For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (21-11-20), GEORGE (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

I vent into my loft. The thing that surprised me most was that I ended up going up a fan size to cope with lifting the air into the loft!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20), Marley13 (21-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I vent into my loft. The thing that surprised me most was that I ended up going up a fan size to cope with lifting the air into the loft!
    How do you vent into the loft? Do you exhaust it out of the house or just into the loft? What setup are you running? Is the roof insulated. Have you ever had any issues with snow?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marley13 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20)

Thanks

My set up is in the spare bedroom & - oh, hang on, a video is easier!

I use a 250w HPS, the loft is insulated but the roof itself isn't & I have no issues with snow

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), IceCalibur (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20), Marley13 (21-11-20)

Thanks

Thanks for that MC. I’ve had to revert back to using a 250w from 600 as the heat and humidity in the room with no ventilation was too much. If it was just a 250 I planned on using I’d probably go with just venting into the bare loft but I reckon I’ll need to take the air outside

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marley13 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20)

Thanks

I also intake from the loft - there is plenty of air exchange going on there anyway - But I do use an old carbon filter on the intake to stop the crap from the loft migrating into my grow room!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20), Marley13 (21-11-20)

Thanks

Not a bad idea to take air from loft using a carbon filter at the moment I have neither was planning on taking it from a boarded window. I’m going to get in the loft today so I’ll see what I come up with

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marley13 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), Jingo (21-11-20), M_C (21-11-20)