Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for tips on making thc tincture

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Default Looking for tips on making thc tincture

So far i have some spirytus vodka, plenty of bud, jars and coffee filters... and have read dozens of recipes and guides... many of which contradict each other lol.
    I want to most potency i can get so I'm looking for advice.
    My thinking is:

Decarb weed (though I've seen a few reputable sources that seem to skip that step so a bit baffled)
    Then freezer the weed and alcohol overnight.
    Next day combine and give at least 3 mins of a shake. Now some say strain from there and you're done, whilst it ranges from that to 30 daily shakes depending on the recipe i look at. Worth reducing the end product using a double boiler perhaps? Add honey for taste?

Edibles don't effect me as much as they should so considering throwing in some Lecithin for good measure as i read it helps.

So will wait for advice and tweak the recipe accordingly. Also unsure how much bud to use with 70cl alcohol. Thinking about an oz.

Look forward to the replies cheers folks.

Stay safe

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-11-20), GEORGE (22-11-20), Jingo (23-11-20), M_C (22-11-20), Valentina (25-11-20), Wags (22-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    So far i have some spirytus vodka, plenty of bud, jars and coffee filters... and have read dozens of recipes and guides... many of which contradict each other lol.
    I want to most potency i can get so I'm looking for advice.
    My thinking is:

Decarb weed (though I've seen a few reputable sources that seem to skip that step so a bit baffled)
    Then freezer the weed and alcohol overnight.
    Next day combine and give at least 3 mins of a shake. Now some say strain from there and you're done, whilst it ranges from that to 30 daily shakes depending on the recipe i look at. Worth reducing the end product using a double boiler perhaps? Add honey for taste?

Edibles don't effect me as much as they should so considering throwing in some Lecithin for good measure as i read it helps.

So will wait for advice and tweak the recipe accordingly. Also unsure how much bud to use with 70cl alcohol. Thinking about an oz.

Look forward to the replies cheers folks.

Stay safe
    Give me A minute to find Jingo's, and I will be right back. lol

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-11-20), Jingo (23-11-20), Silkadin (26-11-20), Valentina (25-11-20), Wags (22-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Here you go Dude, Enjoy the read.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ight=jingo+RSO

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-11-20), Jingo (23-11-20), Silkadin (26-11-20), Valentina (25-11-20), Wags (22-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Cheers dude, i stumbled upon that one yesterday but gave it a closer read today. I notice he doesnt decarb before beginning, but i suppose that might happen in the distiller? Annoyingly the distiller link doesn't lead to the model. I like the idea of recapturing the excess alcohol safely. Im scared of failing and wasting the booze n weed. Ideally i want a few drops under the tongue to do the job

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-11-20), GEORGE (23-11-20), Valentina (25-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,728 Times

Default Looking for tips on making thc tincture

When I bought my distiller they were hard to find that were modified to work with alcohol and then you didn't get to set the temperature yourself. now they are available everywhere and you can even set the temperatures and even cost less. so here's a picture of one I found on the internet it may not be a place that ships to you but you can find something like it in your area.

Some of my runs I would decarb and some of them I wouldn't. When I had my tinctures tested in a lab about half was still not decarbed and I kind of liked that idea. Even in the raw THC has some benefits. If you decarbed first you'll probably go a little bit more over into the breakdown products but you'll be assured of getting activated THC.

I really like the 3-minute shake I found that to be the best for getting the most out of my weed and I liked about 30 g of bone dry frozen weed per pint of 190 proof everclear.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-11-20), GEORGE (23-11-20), Silkadin (26-11-20), Valentina (25-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    When I bought my distiller they were hard to find that were modified to work with alcohol and then you didn't get to set the temperature yourself. now they are available everywhere and you can even set the temperatures and even cost less. so here's a picture of one I found on the internet it may not be a place that ships to you but you can find something like it in your area.

Some of my runs I would decarb and some of them I wouldn't. When I had my tinctures tested in a lab about half was still not decarbed and I kind of liked that idea. Even in the raw THC has some benefits. If you decarbed first you'll probably go a little bit more over into the breakdown products but you'll be assured of getting activated THC.

I really like the 3-minute shake I found that to be the best for getting the most out of my weed and I liked about 30 g of bone dry frozen weed per pint of 190 proof everclear.
    Awesome, thanks for the info dude. Hoping to get on it this weekend. Will prob decarb to be safe as I'll be gutted if it doesnt get me stoned.

Thanks again

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-11-20), GEORGE (26-11-20), Jingo (26-11-20), Valentina (10-12-20)

Thanks

Getting there

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), Cannabug (09-12-20), GEORGE (05-12-20), Jingo (05-12-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-12-20), Valentina (10-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,563 Times

Getting there
    How did it turn out mate?

Did you use a distiller?

Cheers

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roooot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-12-20), GEORGE (08-12-20), Jingo (08-12-20), Valentina (10-12-20)

Thanks

it's sat waiting on me to get around to evaporating off some of the alcohol. I looked up the distillers... bit expensive for my needs I think. I can live with the alcohol loss if it saves me going deeper into my overdraft

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-20), Jingo (10-12-20), Valentina (10-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,728 Times

it's sat waiting on me to get around to evaporating off some of the alcohol. I looked up the distillers... bit expensive for my needs I think. I can live with the alcohol loss if it saves me going deeper into my overdraft
    If you are doing ethanol it's worth looking into getting a distiller If you're doing ISO I don't think there's any reason to use one.

J

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-12-20), Valentina (10-12-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast