Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What nuits you using?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Canna A&B & poundshop PK 13/14
    Simple but effective am guessing, would you try anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devoed For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (01-12-20), GEORGE (01-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,728 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Devoed View Post
    Hows you finding the GH? I hear they have a wicked Root Nuit?

Yeah they've got the rapid start, I quit using that once I started growing in Coco. I found I can get just as quick a start putting a little perlite in the Coco.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Devoed (03-12-20), Farmer Geddon (01-12-20), GEORGE (01-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    As above but with Green Planet Massive instead of Big Bud (I am new to this but all seems to work well).

I was meaning to try Big Bud this time around but having typed this I remember I have massive for a booster. There useless information for you
    No it’s good to talk to other growers, I used to use Canna AB and PK for flower then switched a few ago to Big Bud/Overdrive

I just feel with all the new nuits on the market these days maybe am a little behind and could look at giving my plants better quality food etc

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Devoed For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (01-12-20), GEORGE (01-12-20), Jingo (01-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

When something works, why change it?

Most of us are stoners first and growers second. Stoners like to tinker with their grows.

I'm so happy with the results of my first grow that I'm not going to change a thing.

Said no stoner ever.

Once the budget has been spent, trying different nutes is the least expensive way of tinkering. Some keep the nutes the same and keep trying different strains, media or grow systems. I kept the nutes, strain, media and grow system (passive hydro) the same. All I could tinker with was the setup. I was doing a rebuild every 3 years or so. ime, the urge to change things wears off after 15 years.

What’s the Lucas formula, never heard of it?

Short answer:

It's a one size fits all nute regime. Same mix from start to finish.

Longer answer:

It's a perfectly balanced feed that has bare minimum nitrogen. The lower N makes for smaller plants, less 12/12 stretch and lime green leaves. Yield per plant is unaffected.

It was Mel Frank that discovered the benefits of low N. His soil npk ratio was adapted for hydro by the guru 'pH' using GH Micro and Bloom. lucas became the front man for the formula and spent years on the Cannabis World forum patiently answering the same questions. Same nutes for veg and flower? Full strength from the start? Nah that can't work...except that it does work. Exceedingly well.

Not recommended for tree growers. GH label dosage of 3/2/1 for veg and 1/2/3 for flower (per litre) has given kilo plus plants. As has Ionic and other high N nutes.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-12-20), Devoed (03-12-20), GEORGE (01-12-20), Jingo (01-12-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (04-12-20)

Thanks

Best results I've ever had came years ago from using advanced nutrients hobby kit in rdwc with voodoo juice but then over the years plants seems to get poorer so cut a long story short ended up having my water tested by growers ark, turns out I've got dodgy water (mag higher then cal) so they make me a custom grow and bloom feed up which at the moment is working very well in coco, and it's a lot cheaper so more of a added bonus.

I'm also using great white mycorrhizae and also tnc mycorr Max to see if there is any difference between the two, cant tell a difference at the moment, but boy do I have some root growth going on lol

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-12-20), Devoed (03-12-20), Farmer Geddon (03-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegrower1 View Post
    Best results I've ever had came years ago from using advanced nutrients hobby kit in rdwc with voodoo juice but then over the years plants seems to get poorer so cut a long story short ended up having my water tested by growers ark, turns out I've got dodgy water (mag higher then cal) so they make me a custom grow and bloom feed up which at the moment is working very well in coco, and it's a lot cheaper so more of a added bonus.

I'm also using great white mycorrhizae and also tnc mycorr Max to see if there is any difference between the two, cant tell a difference at the moment, but boy do I have some root growth going on lol

How did you go about getting the water tested and a Taylor made list of nuits to suit the water?

Mine need a couple sprays of Cal Mag due to my water lacking this, other than this I have never looked into it too much.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Devoed For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-12-20), Farmer Geddon (03-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devoed View Post
    How did you go about getting the water tested and a Taylor made list of nuits to suit the water?

Mine need a couple sprays of Cal Mag due to my water lacking this, other than this I have never looked into it too much.

Go to growers ark website mate, it's 30 quid for the water test, I think it's £50 with delivery for 5lt grow A&B custom feed

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-12-20), Devoed (03-12-20), Farmer Geddon (03-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

I use both canna nutrients in coco, and old timers organic in soil.

But I’ve just been given uk made “Monkey Nutrients” whole range to try

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-12-20), Farmer Geddon (03-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20), thegrower1 (03-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

If the tap water is bad, RO water is an option.

With the lucas formula and RO, the pH is ~5.2. That's fine for active hydro but passive hydro needs ~pH6.2. I used Liquid Silicon as pH up.

The RO unit fed a tub with a float valve fitted to give 20 litres. To mix up a new res, all I had to do was squirt in 40ml of Micro, 80ml of Bloom and 15ml of Liquid Silicon. That got poured into the nute res. It's handy always having 20L of water ready for a new mix.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20), thegrower1 (03-12-20)

Thanks

I tried RO with advanced nutrients because that's made for ro water it was a complete nightmare of nothing but deficiencys, plus if you're on a water meter it will work out costing more with the amount of waste water you get from them

Last edited by thegrower1; 03-12-20 at 03:15 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (03-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast