Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What nuits you using?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    I use both canna nutrients in coco, and old timers organic in soil.

But I’ve just been given uk made “Monkey Nutrients” whole range to try
    My mate uses monkey and says the root shoot is best he’s used, he just gave me a bottle of it the 300ml version and said use half dosage as it’s potent

You will have to let me know how you get on as I won’t be using it till at least April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Devoed For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20), LewisR19 (03-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Devoed View Post
    My mate uses monkey and says the root shoot is best he’s used, he just gave me a bottle of it the 300ml version and said use half dosage as it’s potent

You will have to let me know how you get on as I won’t be using it till at least April

Yeah the rootshoot says 3ml per 10ltr I think

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    If the tap water is bad, RO water is an option.

With the lucas formula and RO, the pH is ~5.2. That's fine for active hydro but passive hydro needs ~pH6.2. I used Liquid Silicon as pH up.

The RO unit fed a tub with a float valve fitted to give 20 litres. To mix up a new res, all I had to do was squirt in 40ml of Micro, 80ml of Bloom and 15ml of Liquid Silicon. That got poured into the nute res. It's handy always having 20L of water ready for a new mix.
    What’s RO water and how do you get this? Would it not work out expensive when you can use the water from a tap

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devoed For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devoed View Post
    What’s RO water and how do you get this? Would it not work out expensive when you can use the water from a tap

RO stands for reverse osmosis, its a filter that will make your water pure, almost 0ppm but then you need to add back trace elements and micro nutes like calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese etc.

Depending on the filter system some will waste 2lt of water for every liter of filtered water, you would need a water barrel to collect the filtered water depending on flow rate this can take a while to fill. I had a decent one it used to take around 18 hours to fill a 500lt barrel because if its a pump ro system they can't run for more than a hour before it needs switching off to cool down.

I was using it for a 8 pot rdwc system and because you've stripped the water of everything the pH can sometimes not be stable because there's nothing in the water to buffer it (some of the problems I had) luckily Im not on a water meter so wasn't paying the extra for wasted water also the filters need replacing every few months.

Some people get on with them no problem, or some folks will use 50/50 tap water to ro water, for me I'd never use it again. completely stress free now, filling my barrel leaving it for 24 hours, then add my custom feed, I don't even need to ph my water because the nutrients are made for my water, it drops my pH from 7.8 to 6.5 and the company said to leave that ph and its working mint for me

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

Devoed (04-12-20), Farmer Geddon (04-12-20), GEORGE (03-12-20)

Thanks

Thanks [mention]thegrower1 [/mention] good amount of detail, I will have a look at both the ideas.

Always looking for new improved techniques and nuits defo worth a read

Thanks

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devoed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-12-20), thegrower1 (04-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

It's good to know that custom feeds are available. A valuable service.

Stress free is the ultimate goal. It doesn't matter how great we want our grows to be at first, we all end up with whatever is the most convenient to us.

My cellar doesn't have a water supply and fitting RO was the easiest option. I had no problem with it, the filters only needed changing every few years. Each to their own.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-12-20), thegrower1 (04-12-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3