Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tent light

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I keep seeing what folk are paying for these copy lights and then see that HLG are not too much more. I think the copiers are getting greedy
    There not copy lights, they all made in the same factory in China. HLG is just one brand name.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-12-20), gardro (15-12-20), scoot (15-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    There not copy lights, they all made in the same factory in China.
    Maybe the Mars/Spider Farmer etc are but HLG are made in USA or directly by Samsung.

As said, if the lights were 50% cheaper then fair enough but they are 70% - 80% plus of the cost and I cannot see why especially when you are going to make the lights last 3-5 years.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-12-20), GEORGE (15-12-20)

Thanks

I see you need to do much more reading. Samsung 3 biggest factory's are in China, and The Boards that come out of those Factorys have been proven to be better, than any other factorys over the world. Like I said HLG is nothing more than A brand name.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I see you need to do much more reading. Samsung 3 biggest factory's are in China, and The Boards that come out of those Factorys have been proven to be better, than any other factorys over the world. Like I said HLG is nothing more than A brand name.
    I can guarantee that no other horticultural light brand will come out of any Samsung factory or you will not find any Chinese factory in the USA

By the way, i think you may be talking about the led chips themselves so just so we are not confused, im talking about the finished light. This is where the quality issues come in. Thats without mentioning the best leds that Samsung reserve for HLG.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-12-20), GEORGE (15-12-20), imnice (23-12-20)

Thanks

I can guarantee that no other horticultural light brand will come out of any Samsung factory or you will not find any Chinese factory in the USA

By the way, i think you may be talking about the led chips themselves so just so we are not confused, im talking about the finished light. This is where the quality issues come in. Thats without mentioning the best leds that Samsung reserve for HLG.
    Yes we are talking about the lights them selves. And if you go over to the Samsung web site, and look around, you will find information that there best made boards come from there China Factorys. The only thing about these American Company's is that there warrentys are easier to deal with than the Company's that sell the boards out of Country. But as far as Quality, it is A proven fact, that those Factorys in China have A less fail rate, than any factorys in any other parts of the world.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes we are talking about the lights them selves. And if you go over to the Samsung web site, and look around, you will find information that there best made boards come from there China Factorys. The only thing about these American Company's is that there warrentys are easier to deal with than the Company's that sell the boards out of Country. But as far as Quality, it is A proven fact, that those Factorys in China have A less fail rate, than any factorys in any other parts of the world.
    Very broad sweeping statement Hotshot. There many folk with dead Chinese lighting on here. I binned some UK made lights that were trash also.

A Samsung factory is a Samsung Factory even if in China. They are Korean if that matters. But Shenzen Tom Ali Baba factory isnt Samsung.

The leds get supplied to other factories and the boards are assembled. Only HLG get Samsung to make LED and the light. Its why their light are the best but other companies, in my opinion are greedy by charging 3/4 of this price.

Are you saying Samsung make Budget lights or just supply the leds?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-12-20), GEORGE (15-12-20), Valentina (15-12-20)

Thanks

Very broad sweeping statement Hotshot. There many folk with dead Chinese lighting on here. I binned some UK made lights that were trash also.

A Samsung factory is a Samsung Factory even if in China. They are Korean if that matters. But Shenzen Tom Ali Baba factory isnt Samsung.

The leds get supplied to other factories and the boards are assembled. Only HLG get Samsung to make LED and the light. Its why their light are the best but other companies, in my opinion are greedy by charging 3/4 of this price.

Are you saying Samsung make Budget lights or just supply the leds?
    As far as I know that is A web site. If I were to buy A light from China, I would go to the Apple made Driver, and buy from one of the factorys next door. With that being said who is All Baba factory, and no one said any thing about them being Samsung. Yall really need to get your facts correct before making statements.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-12-20), gardro (15-12-20), scoot (15-12-20), Wags (15-12-20)

Thanks

As far as I know that is A web site. If I were to buy A light from China, I would go to the Apple made Driver, and buy from one of the factorys next door. With that being said who is All Baba factory, and no one said any thing about them being Samsung. Yall really need to get your facts correct before making statements.
    Im 100 % in agreement with your last sentence Hotshot but lets not fall out over Chinese tat

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-12-20), GEORGE (15-12-20), Wags (15-12-20)

Thanks

I'm just saying Gardro that people give China Products A bad wrap, when they know nothing about them. Buying from A Web site you don't know where your stuff is coming from, buying from A factory is just another thing. I can see where people want to save several hundreds of dollars on the same product, I do my self some times. But I would only buy direct Factory and not from A fly by night Web site. That is all I'm going to say on the matter. good luck folks, and happy growing.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm just saying Gardro that people give China Products A bad wrap, when they know nothing about them. Buying from A Web site you don't know where your stuff is coming from, buying from A factory is just another thing. I can see where people want to save several hundreds of dollars on the same product, I do my self some times. But I would only buy direct Factory and not from A fly by night Web site. That is all I'm going to say on the matter. good luck folks, and happy growing.
    I will even let you have last say (age before beauty ) as in the end i think we agree. I have no problem folk buying cheaper stuff. I myself cut my teeth on Mars Hydro. Its all broke now however.

I have issue with greedy, often Chinese, companies selling stuff that should be cheap but see the price point of the premium stuff or because "its for stoners" and inflate their price.

Thats when the consumer gets suckered.

HLG put upto twice as many LEDS on their boards now as the competiton ( so run them nice and cool and give off more light ). Lets see if the Shenzen specials, with leds being maxed out are still growing strong in a few years.

Thats why its should be cheaper, but folk are getting ripped off!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-12-20), GEORGE (15-12-20), IceCalibur (15-12-20), Queen Lostris (17-12-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast