Thread: Nitrogen uptake PH?

Thanks

Default Answered: Nitrogen uptake PH?

Hi all,

So... I have a growth problem, the strain I have, whatever it is always grows way too much when I flip.

I'm using Flairform Green Dream 2-2-6.

I've been told that I need to reduce the nitrogen to slow the growth.

I've been PHing at like 6. I have been told if I PH at 6.4 it will decrease the nitrogen uptake but looking on google nitrogren uptake is pretty much the same from 5.6 to 7 etc. Will increasing the PH from 6.0 to 6.4 actually inhibit the nitrogen uptake and slow down the stretch at like day 12 of flower?

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_ View Post
    But does increasing the PH use less nitrogen?? Thats my question.
    Increasing the PH to 6.4 will not inhibit Nitrogen, and even if it did (it wouldn't lol), I doubt it would stop the stretch.

Who told you to Increase your PH to 6.4 to stop Nitrogen intake?.. I wouldn't be listening to them too much if I were you.

Now if you went OUTSIDE the PH range for Nitrogen uptake then yes..it would inhibit growth (not recommended)."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

I doubt it's the feed @ 2-2-6, I use canna coco A & B @ 5-4-3 and never had such an issue...Lights on/off temp differential is the usual suspect for plants stretch during the first couple of weeks of flowering..

Regards BL

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), IceCalibur (27-11-20), M_C (27-11-20)

Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-20)

8. Default

Increasing the PH to 6.4 will not inhibit Nitrogen, and even if it did (it wouldn't lol), I doubt it would stop the stretch.

Who told you to Increase your PH to 6.4 to stop Nitrogen intake?.. I wouldn't be listening to them too much if I were you.

Now if you went OUTSIDE the PH range for Nitrogen uptake then yes..it would inhibit growth (not recommended).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

Course it does so will lowering it if you go outside the N uptake range...But the plants need slightly more N prior to flower to carry them through the transition...As i've said your stretch issue is unrelated to feed... Look at light distance and lights on/off differential to solve your issue..

Regards BL

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Benjiman (17-02-21), Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), IceCalibur (27-11-20)

12. Default

Buds table/image is much better, and shows the Nitrogen PH range is quite 'wide'..so increasing to 6.4 won't stop Nitrogen uptake at all.

I wouldn't be messing around with the PH to stop stretch, it will do more damage than good.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), Bud Lightyear (27-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20)

Thanks

Thanks team... I was like wtf... this guy is like a veteran grower and I was listening to him. So yeah. Fact checked. Thanks internet. Appreciate it =)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), IceCalibur (28-11-20)