Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi.. so right to it, i need help with making meds for my sick mum.

Thanks

Default Hi.. so right to it, i need help with making meds for my sick mum.

hi my name's bisto..

apologies for jumping straight in but needs must - i've joined the forum for some advice - my mother has recently been given a terminal diagnosis and starts chemo in a few days. I have suggested she try some weed to help with the fallout and to help with some symptoms she's already suffering from.

because of stomach issues I reckon tincture is the way forward. I have on order 50cl of Spirytus and an oz of dried discobiscuit ready to go... but that's it, I'm now lost, there's just too much info out there and I'm not sure how to move forward ..

i know this probably isnt the correct room so id really appreciate some advice/direction on where to post a request for help/advise on making the best tincture for my mum.

ps im on the spectrum and very dysleixc so please excuse my terrible grammar, spelling and that i may of missed the obvous thread titled "come here to learn how do this!".

many thanks

bisto

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bisto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), Greengrass (28-11-20), Jingo (28-11-20), RASTA (28-11-20), scoot (28-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,622 Times

Welcome bisto

Put your ounce of weed in the oven spread out low on a pan at around 200 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour and a half or so. That's to convert the THC to active components. Then put that in a pint jar and put it in the freezer also put your alcohol in the freezer and leave it there at least overnight.

Once your alcohol has sat in the freezer overnight and your weed has been overnight prepare a jar with a metal screen to pour your mixture through once you have finished the process and shaking.

You will want to add your alcohol to your jar of weed put the lid on and shake it for exactly 3 minutes, that's what I found through testing to remove the most cannabinoids. Then you go ahead and pour that through your prepared screen as above and use a spoon to squeeze all the alcohol out of that prepared screen.

While the alcohol is dripping out of the rest of your material prepare another jar with a funnel and a coffee filter, put a little alcohol in the coffee filter to make it work better and then pour the mixture from your just screen jar through the coffee filter. For most people that's good enough filtering and you now have a tincture.

Reduce your tincture down to about 2 oz by putting it on your stove at a low temperature and letting it just slowly boil off, it's good to have some air movement across the top if you can and you don't want to smoke cigarettes or have your cat rubbing up against your leg because the alcohol fumes tend to settle down lower and they can be flammable.

Once you get your tincture reduced down to about 2 oz try giving her a few drops and see how she does, you can potentiate the effect of the THC and use lower doses if you use a supplement called apigenin. Apigenin is a flavonoid found in cannabis.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

bisto (28-11-20), Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), RASTA (28-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Welcome bisto.
    Sorry to hear about your mum. I hope you can help her with some herbal medicine.
    I lost my Da earlier this year. He never wanted to know when a mentioned the idea.

Im taking note of that write up Jingo. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

bisto (28-11-20), Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), Jingo (28-11-20)

Thanks

@jingo - can't thank you enough for that.. been fretting all day about different methods - some said wait six weeks and shake every day.. others said to use a blender, another said really don't use a blender.. my head was getting fried.. and as mums treatment starts in 2 weeks i really needed to find some way of making that happen.. like i said thanks so much, your post has been a massive help.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bisto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), Jingo (28-11-20), RASTA (28-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bisto View Post
    @jingo - can't thank you enough for that.. been fretting all day about different methods - some said wait six weeks and shake every day.. others said to use a blender, another said really don't use a blender.. my head was getting fried.. and as mums treatment starts in 2 weeks i really needed to find some way of making that happen.. like i said thanks so much, your post has been a massive help.
    The way I just described is maximum extraction of the good stuff without so much of the chlorophyll and that kind of stuff. If you get the apigenin make sure she takes it about a half an hour before you give her any tincture, if you can't get apigenin she can eat mangoes or drink mango juice, real mango juice about a half hour before and it'll do the same thing.

J

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

bisto (28-11-20), Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), RASTA (28-11-20)

Thanks

@RASTA thanks for the kind words dude.. i am truly sorry to hear about your dad. with how my world has changed recently i can now better understand how much that must of sucked.. life eh..

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bisto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), Jingo (28-11-20), RASTA (28-11-20)

Thanks

@jingo she cant have mango due to stomach reflux problems atm but please, what is that apigenin? and what does it do?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bisto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), Jingo (28-11-20)

Thanks

did some googe fu on apigenin.. found what look like some peer reviewed papers on it and will give them a read.. thanks for the heads up.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bisto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20), Jingo (28-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bisto View Post
    @jingo she cant have mango due to stomach reflux problems atm but please, what is that apigenin? and what does it do?
    It's a flavonoid found in cannabis and other plants that will help potentiate her cannabinoid therapy and allow you to use less and make it last longer. If your mom is getting up there in age, you'll need to go very slow.

J

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

bisto (29-11-20), Blue61 (28-11-20), GEORGE (28-11-20)

Thanks

great advise dude.. i'm not sure i can persuade her to take anything herbal - she's very sceptical and i'm amazed she's gonna try cannabis tbh - but i read good bit about apigenin and it seems very likely to be helpful. if not for fighting the cancer then just for palliative help it can offer. my bros a health care professional so gonna run a few of the papers i found yesterday past him.

was a bit listless about were to go at the beginning of the weekend .. now i feel as though there's something to aim for.. i feel if she takes the tincture and gets on with it it will help with so much..

thanks

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bisto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (29-11-20), GEORGE (29-11-20), Jingo (29-11-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast