Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 Day old Seedlings Discolored?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Hotshot might be a good choice to ask about soil in the or jingo

from a green and pleasant land

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-11-20), Herbitual (30-11-20), IceCalibur (30-11-20), The Solyom (08-12-20), Valentina (01-12-20)

Thanks

Temps are usually always above 73 degrees hover around 76. I don't have a humidity reader but I'm pretty sure my RH is very low its not very wet in the tent. It's a 2x2x4 and the light is a
    "VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 450W LED Grow Light, with Daisy Chain,Veg and Bloom Switches, Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lights for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower"
    I'm only using the veg switch, and when I researched this soil it said it would be okay for cannabis, guess not :/
    I've been watering every other day with dechlorinated tap water nothing else except for yetesterday when I tried out .62 ml of liquid grow fertilizer for the half gallon watering can.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HazyClouds For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-11-20), Herbitual (30-11-20), The Solyom (08-12-20), Valentina (01-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

When you have the new soil, fill the pot to the maximum, too.

You should be fine for 3 to 4 weeks before you need to feed a plant given the right soil.

Do you know anything about the tap water where you live? Is that information easily accessible in the States?

Growing autos in soil isn't absolutely the easiest thing you can do but a few little tweaks here and there and you'll be knees deep in bud.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-11-20), The Solyom (08-12-20), Valentina (01-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    When you have the new soil, fill the pot to the maximum, too.

You should be fine for 3 to 4 weeks before you need to feed a plant given the right soil.

Do you know anything about the tap water where you live? Is that information easily accessible in the States?
    Okay I will fill them up fully next go, and going to cut of fert until week 3 then......and I know for a fact the tap water where I live is pretty HARD; lots of clr residue.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HazyClouds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How much other stuff does dechlorination take out? I have no idea.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    How much other stuff does dechlorination take out? I have no idea.
    I've been doing it the old fashioned way of leaving out the watering can in the lights to let it evaporate the chlorine naturally...Now I'm thinking I should exclusively used bottled water : P

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HazyClouds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I see.

We all have our foibles when it comes to water, but it's good practice to keep that standing water circulated to expose it to the atmosphere. Henry's Law, innit?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I found this info on the net "Re leaving water for a while to de-chlorinate: as a lifelong aquarium enthusiast, I can tell you that this advice is no longer true in many areas. Chlorine was replaced in most by chloramine, which is a much more stable form, and will not simply degrade like chlorine.

Technical info below. I use a few drops intended for aquariums (because the solution won’t affect fish, plants, and other sensitive organisms, so seems safe for this use)."

I've read plants have negative effects to hard water " What the Cannabis community commonly thinks of as nutrient burn, pH issue, or deficiency is actually the result of Chlorine and Chloramine in Cannabis. Chlorine and Chloramine problems will present themselves in multiple ways. The symptoms are burnt leaf tips (reddish brown tinge about 1-4mm in length that point up), rusted spots, naturally torn leaves that shrivel where broken, and a reddish brown micro spots on your leaves. You may also experience narrower fan leaves. When in flower, buds take 2-3 weeks longer to hit their stride and will never hit their full potential. You wont get massive buds if your plant has been in contact with to much Chlorine and Chloramine."

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HazyClouds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HazyClouds View Post
    burnt leaf tips (reddish brown tinge about 1-4mm in length that point up), rusted spots, naturally torn leaves that shrivel where broken, and a reddish brown micro spots on your leaves. You may also experience narrower fan leaves. When in flower, buds take 2-3 weeks longer to hit their stride and will never hit their full potential"
    Basically everything that I'm dealing with : (

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HazyClouds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Can you drink your tap water?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-12-20), The Solyom (08-12-20)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast