Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 48 hours dark time before chop? (Autos)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,112
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 1,926 Posts

    Default 48 hours dark time before chop? (Autos)

    Hey guys n gals,

    Is there any benefits from giving autos 48hours dark time before chopping them or even 24hours? Ive seen a long time ago people was doing it. Did it have any benefits?
    My Wonderful world of mystery —> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...rld-of-mystery


    If I or anyone else has answered your question in the growing questions and answers section please mark it as "Answered". It helps keep the forum tidy!

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20), sourshoes (01-12-20), Valentina (01-12-20)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,430
    Thanks
    2,657
    Thanked 10,742 Times in 2,427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    Hey guys n gals,

    Is there any benefits from giving autos 48hours dark time before chopping them or even 24hours? Ive seen a long time ago people was doing it. Did it have any benefits?
    I tried it once on a photo. Not sure it did anything... I think it's a myth

    sent from space

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20), SyRaX (01-12-20)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,360
    Thanks
    2,527
    Thanked 11,552 Times in 3,363 Posts

    Default

    Theres never a way to tell without a lab.
    A good grow is a goodd grow. Ppl do these tricks out of a habit i suppose without knowing why they actualy do that jmo....

    Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    4,259
    Thanks
    34,478
    Thanked 17,289 Times in 4,186 Posts

    Default

    The theory behind the extended darkness is to have reduced leaf metabolism so the waters go back to the roots, so when there is less water in the stems and flowers and leaves, the plant is relatively drier and after chop drying time required should be less. AFAIK.

    I used to do that but can't say it made ANY difference, none to me anyway. I do tend to chop after a dark period and before the lights come on again now.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell

    FORUM RULES

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), M_C (02-12-20), scootb (02-12-20), Shreder (01-12-20), Spliff man (01-12-20), SyRaX (01-12-20)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,112
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 1,926 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Theres never a way to tell without a lab.
    A good grow is a goodd grow. Ppl do these tricks out of a habit i suppose without knowing why they actualy do that jmo....

    Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)
    It’s an extremely good grow due to a few errors mainly water has changed hard water nutes in soft water. They’ve been grown in soil, and they’ve obviously not been grown to their full potential and its my second time on autos bud fuck me these buds are solid its unreal.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20), Shreder (01-12-20), Valentina (01-12-20)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,360
    Thanks
    2,527
    Thanked 11,552 Times in 3,363 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    The theory behind the extended darkness is to have reduced leaf metabolism so the waters go back to the roots, so when there is less water in the stems and flowers and leaves, the plant is relatively drier and after chop drying time required should be less. AFAIK.

    I used to do that but can't say it made ANY difference, none to me anyway. I do tend to chop after a dark period and before the lights come on again now.
    It reminds me.of the chop with dried out medium after lights turns on to increase potency

    Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20), SyRaX (01-12-20), Valentina (01-12-20)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,360
    Thanks
    2,527
    Thanked 11,552 Times in 3,363 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyRaX View Post
    It’s an extremely good grow due to a few errors mainly water has changed hard water nutes in soft water. They’ve been grown in soil, and they’ve obviously not been grown to their full potential and its my second time on autos bud fuck me these buds are solid its unreal.
    Just give it a good 5-7 days dry u be good ... KISS

    Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20), SyRaX (01-12-20), Valentina (01-12-20)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,112
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 1,926 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Just give it a good 5-7 days dry u be good ... KISS

    Ongoing diary >>> OGKZ / Gelat.OG / GZ / LSD (Coco, 750w lm301b)
    Thanks brother! These buds are that dense my grower friend accused me of using that rox shit on them i was nah mate I don’t use that shir haha if i did i reckon they would be stones instead lol

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyRaX For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    4,259
    Thanks
    34,478
    Thanked 17,289 Times in 4,186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    It reminds me.of the chop with dried out medium after lights turns on to increase potency
    Great if that works but seems totally counter intuitive for now.

    LOL so was defoliation back in the day!

    Bottom line is that if it works, great, if it does not, I guess that sorta proves the science wrong??

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (01-12-20), scootb (02-12-20), Shreder (01-12-20)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,797
    Thanks
    2,975
    Thanked 3,965 Times in 1,251 Posts

    Default

    I tried all sorts back in the day,never noticed any difference leaving plants in the dark for a day or two to be honest.
    I think most people that do it only do it because they were taught to,I know guys that still grow in soil and only because its what they were taught.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scootb For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (02-12-20), Valentina (02-12-20)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States