Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pollinated?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,019 Times

Default Pollinated?

Had a go at putting some Bubba haze pollen on this fem Blue dream. Since doing it some of the pistils have started going brown. I've read this is a sign of a plant possibly being pollinated, what do you think? Admittedly there isn't a great deal of brown pistils on each of the bud sights, but its happened to all the ones I put pollen on. Only happened since last night/this mornin.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (04-12-20), Cannabug (12-01-21), GEORGE (04-12-20), Uv123_4 (04-12-20), Valentina (06-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

You have A fan on it don't you? If you do, then the whole plant is pollentated.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

MrC (04-12-20), Uv123_4 (04-12-20), Valentina (06-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You have A fan on it don't you? If you do, then the whole plant is pollentated.
    No I didn't have a fan blowing over it, I used a tiny paint brush to apply pollen to pistils, didn't wanna blow it off with the fan.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (04-12-20), GEORGE (04-12-20), Uv123_4 (04-12-20), Valentina (06-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    No I didn't have a fan blowing over it, I used a tiny paint brush to apply pollen to pistils, didn't wanna blow it off with the fan.
    You got to put A fan on it some time, then it will. lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

MrC (05-12-20), Uv123_4 (04-12-20), Valentina (06-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

The pollenations in my experience have been far more successful with a fan blowing fresh pollen onto flowering females, than dabbing pollen onto a plant. Both work, but both have their pros and cons and depends on your desired results.

My seeded plant still yielded buds that were effective, just FYI. But boy was it an absolute PITA to separate out the bud and the seeds, all the, all the, all the seeds.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

British green (06-12-20), Cannabug (12-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), MrC (05-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    The pollenations in my experience have been far more successful with a fan blowing fresh pollen onto flowering females, than dabbing pollen onto a plant. Both work, but both have their pros and cons and depends on your desired results.

My seeded plant still yielded buds that were effective, just FYI. But boy was it an absolute PITA to separate out the bud and the seeds, all the, all the, all the seeds.
    I can imagine it's annoying, especially after having thai stick in the past lol. I've got some out the way skunk og seeds germing for fems hopefully, then using amnesia haze for the male search. How do you work the time frame so your female is ready the same time as the male is ready to pollinate it? If that makes sense. I read the female has to be about 3 wks into flower but not sure how long it takes for the male to reach the point where it'll spit out it's pollen. So I'm concerned I may miss the time frame.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), GEORGE (05-12-20), Valentina (05-12-20)

Thanks

... How do you work the time frame so your female is ready the same time as the male is ready to pollinate it? If that makes sense. I read the female has to be about 3 wks into flower but not sure how long it takes for the male to reach the point where it'll spit out it's pollen. So I'm concerned I may miss the time frame.
    I did not log this but just off the top of my head, the male flowers take a few days to open, and the females need at least a month to have the seeds ready. So if what you do fall between those time frames, I think there should be seeds at the end of it.

One very strange thing that I have noticed is that the boys are taller, but the girls show sex BEFORE the boys, and that is not what the books say regarding sexual maturity as I recall.

I am not some boffin in this, just a casual hobbist, so may be both before and after are true.

Come to think of it, having taller males that only spew pollen after the femals are ready to receive pollen actually makes a world of sense.

When I dab pollen on the pistils, I tend to go at it as soon as I can, and continue until I see the pistils wither. My last cross between a Rosensour and the Zkittlez was like this, but the seeds were all immature. Prior to this the cross was with the Gorilla Cookies, there were more seeds but again, immature seeds. Prior to that, was with a Bruce Banger. I got two seeds but for how much pollen I brushed onto the Bruce, I was hoping for more. :]

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), Cannabug (12-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), MrC (05-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I did not log this but just off the top of my head, the male flowers take a few days to open, and the females need at least a month to have the seeds ready. So if what you do fall between those time frames, I think there should be seeds at the end of it.

One very strange thing that I have noticed is that the boys are taller, but the girls show sex BEFORE the boys, and that is not what the books say regarding sexual maturity as I recall.

I am not some boffin in this, just a casual hobbist, so may be both before and after are true.

Come to think of it, having taller males that only spew pollen after the femals are ready to receive pollen actually makes a world of sense.

When I dab pollen on the pistils, I tend to go at it as soon as I can, and continue until I see the pistils wither. My last cross between a Rosensour and the Zkittlez was like this, but the seeds were all immature. Prior to this the cross was with the Gorilla Cookies, there were more seeds but again, immature seeds. Prior to that, was with a Bruce Banger. I got two seeds but for how much pollen I brushed onto the Bruce, I was hoping for more. :]
    Your knowledge is much appreciated mate. I didn't track how long the first male I did took to start producing pollen, couldn't even give it a rough guess. It's gonna be some trial and error just getting timings right, should see me cook Christmas dinner lol, aim for 1 pm..usually 3pm haha. But I'll plant enough so I hopefully get at least 1 fem skunk and 1 male amnesia, and vice versa tbf.

I did that last male in a 1ltr robinsons bottle with only 3/4 full of soil and it grew to about 1/2--3/4 of a meter so I can imagine they do generally get taller. If all else fails and I miss the window at least I can collect the pollen and wait for the next fem to be ready for it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), Cannabug (12-01-21), GEORGE (06-12-20), Valentina (06-12-20)

Thanks

Once a plants been pollinated, at what point can I put it in with my other plants on a 12/12 cycle? If at all.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-12-20), Valentina (06-12-20)

Thanks

Once a plants been pollinated, at what point can I put it in with my other plants on a 12/12 cycle? If at all.
    ?

Your plant grew pistils before 12/12 but not an auto...?

Personally I would not have thought twice about sticking a pollenated plant with the rest of the flowering plants, if any. But that is also because I was using only a 40x 40 cm tent. Personally, I did not experience difficulities in that sense as in, other plants being pollinated by residual pollen from the intended seed bearing plant

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-12-20), MrC (06-12-20)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast