Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First go with colloidal silver.... seems to be killing plant?

Thanks

Most of the reading I did on making it recommends the higher voltage at 30-36. My first try at a making it I used a 15 volt supply it took a very long time and the end product looked like sludge. Things got alot better when I found the 32 volt supply then even better with the air pump.....for the CS anyways not for the branch lol.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jonnyreb For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (16-12-20), Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I don't know if it is or not, but I have seen plenty of video's using only 9 volts.
    Ya but its usually three 9 volt batteries tied together for 27 volts.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jonnyreb For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (16-12-20), Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), Valentina (05-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I've always questioned 3x 9V batteries. Although it seems to work, it creates larger silver particles & (IMHO) smaller is better - although, as you are aware! It takes longer to achieve
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20)

Thanks

So when you did this how heavy did you soak the branch with the solution. At this point I'm thinking that I either started spraying too late or I have been applying too much at once. Maybe a light misting is better as a heavy soaking seems to cause damage. Im not saying that it cant be the actual solution I made but from everything I can read on it the more clear the solution the smaller the particle size. Using the lower voltage definitely made a very brown sludgy solution. Using the 32 volt without air gives you a golden clear solution and adding the bubbling to it gives you a very clear solution. Everywhere says clearer the better.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonnyreb For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), GEORGE (05-12-20), Zen Archer (05-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,777 Times

Your processes for making the silver solution are good Jonny. I would suggest trying to reduce the ppm to half of what you're using now, I've usually gone with 20-40 ppm Anytime I've used CS to reverse a girl its been whole plants started as soon as they show their first female parts, it took around two weeks of spraying once a day, as soon as they showed first signs of male I always stopped.
    The reaction of your plant does seem to be extreme, is there any possibility that your meter may be out ? When I've sprayed in the past the leaves haven't shown anything as dramatic as yours..

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zen Archer For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), IceCalibur (05-12-20), Jonnyreb (05-12-20), M_C (06-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Archer View Post
    Your processes for making the silver solution are good Jonny. I would suggest trying to reduce the ppm to half of what you're using now, I've usually gone with 20-40 ppm Anytime I've used CS to reverse a girl its been whole plants started as soon as they show their first female parts, it took around two weeks of spraying once a day, as soon as they showed first signs of male I always stopped.
    The reaction of your plant does seem to be extreme, is there any possibility that your meter may be out ? When I've sprayed in the past the leaves haven't shown anything as dramatic as yours..
    Funny as I was reading your reply I was in the process of calibrating my tds meter. I never really used it much because I use my EC meter to make my dwc and feed solutions. I just assumed it was on or close but you know what they say when you assume right....you make yourself look like an ass. So after calibration it appears that the solution im using that has also been sitting in the jar for a week so it is probably lower than it was initially is at 60ppm. Going to assume it was around 70 right off the bat because it does appear to lower as it sits. So I guess that appears to maybe be it. Wondering if I should just give up on this plant at this point because its pretty deep into flower. I have a new generation coming up I guess I will have to regroup and try again with a lower ppm solution.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jonnyreb For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (16-12-20), Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), IceCalibur (05-12-20), Zen Archer (05-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,777 Times

Your call on it Jonny, but to my mind any further spraying would just make it worse. On your next try reduce CS solution to 25- 40ppm and spray lightly once or twice a day. I'm no expert but I have had 4 successful reversals of female and subsequent fem'd seed runs.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zen Archer For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), IceCalibur (05-12-20), Jonnyreb (05-12-20), M_C (05-12-20)

Thanks

More of an expert than me Ill take your advice. Thanks for the info.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jonnyreb For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (16-12-20), Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), Zen Archer (05-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,418 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyreb View Post
    Funny as I was reading your reply I was in the process of calibrating my tds meter. I never really used it much because I use my EC meter to make my dwc and feed solutions. I just assumed it was on or close but you know what they say when you assume right....you make yourself look like an ass. So after calibration it appears that the solution im using that has also been sitting in the jar for a week so it is probably lower than it was initially is at 60ppm. Going to assume it was around 70 right off the bat because it does appear to lower as it sits. So I guess that appears to maybe be it. Wondering if I should just give up on this plant at this point because its pretty deep into flower. I have a new generation coming up I guess I will have to regroup and try again with a lower ppm solution.
    First off no nothing of using cs. That said, was thinking wouldn't
    the parts per million go up has the solution sat due to evaporation?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (16-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20), IceCalibur (05-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    First off no nothing of using cs. That said, was thinking wouldn't
    the parts per million go up has the solution sat due to evaporation?
    Its stored in a sealed colored jar so shouldn't get much evaporation. It definitely has a shelf life and it definitely does go down over time. From reading and my own testing the more finer the particles the longer shelf life it has. My first few experiments making it I found that the darker colored ones made without bubbling air would lose half its ppms in a week. The clearer stuff has definitely lasted longer. I found a method of making it using a coffee pot burner to keep it near boiling while bubbling. Supposedly keeping the water hot makes the particles even smaller and the solution cleaner. Im thinking the particles drop out of solution over time that's why it goes down.
    Last edited by Jonnyreb; 05-12-20 at 10:43 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jonnyreb For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (16-12-20), Blue61 (05-12-20), Dionysos (02-01-21), GEORGE (05-12-20)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast