Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brand new to growing, DWC, yellowish slime on tubes in tank

Thanks

Default Brand new to growing, DWC, yellowish slime on tubes in tank

Hey all!

Sorry i dinna take the time to intro myself, but i am having an issue that i think needs addressed ASAP! My mentor is unavailable to help so im turning to forums instead of youtube, which has not been much help anyway.

This is my very first grow. I moved into a new area and have no hookups. I do have access to medical MM but getting the license is hella expensive as well as the product... and i do not believe anyone has the right to force me to pay for the right to use gods green herb. So i was forced to turn to growing. I have a friend many hundreds of miles away who is helping me get started and is/was holding my hand but he has went dark and is not always available. PITA when advice is needed quickly. I am very wary of using youtube or google for help.

I bought a 4x4x6 grow tent, air pump with 4x outlets, 4 large disc air stones, 4 lowes buckets painted black on outside and wrapped in mylar, baskets, exhaust with filter and dryer hosing, humidifier, ph testing kit, ph and ec meter, fans, RH and temp gauge and a mars hydro 1000 watt light, general hydroponics bloom micro and green neuts. Using only distilled water. I mixed 2ml per gallon of each neut in the buckets and according to my pal, im supposed to up that to 4ml per gal once the water level drops by one gallon. Temp stays at 25-28c and i have the humidity set at 60 rh. Growing durban poison from cropking. pure sativa.

I have 2 plants that look very healthy to me. Small exception is a few leaves are slightly curled on the edges and have been that way for weeks now with no signs of it getting worse. I was told this is normal and not an issue... The last week i have seen them explode in growth and their roots finally made it into the bucket and look white and long. There is now a smell in the tent. It smells like a skunk for 2 days now.

The issue is, there is a yellowish slimy film on my tubes in the bucket that has my concerned. The water still looks the right color though. The roots look healthy. I want to be on top of any issue before it becomes a major problem. I need this grow to succeed badly. Maybe im just being paranoid...

Any input/help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldone For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-12-20), GEORGE (09-12-20), Valentina (09-12-20)

Thanks

just checked my water temp and its 77 degrees F in the dark...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldone For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-20), Valentina (09-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk Dude, enjoy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Valentina (09-12-20)

7. Default

Hello and welcome to the forum Oldone, I can't help you with the issue as I have zero experience with DWC..but I know quite a few of our members have and hopefully will peek in

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-20), Valentina (09-12-20)

Thanks

TY. i have been reading as much as a i can. the internet is polarized when it comes to dealing with root rot, which i believe i have. Some say bleach is what i need, some say otherwise. Some way h202 is what i need, others disagree.... Some say hydroguard will fix it.... others say its just a preventative measure.... All agree that a chiller is needed.... but i dont have access or apparently TIME to acquire one IN TIME. I am so confused and i dunno what to do. I can tell you that it isnt severe yet..... but i hear i could have dead plants the next day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldone For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

You can fill some water bottles half way and
    freeze them. Then put them in your rez to
    get the temps down until you can get something better.
    Have extras so you can swap them out.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-20), Valentina (18-12-20)

Thanks

I ordered hydroguard about 2 hours ago prime and its supposed to be here on the 11th...yea right lol. Prolly get here on the 13th.

I dont have a solution for a chiller right now...or not in enough time to matter im guessing. I did read that i can run the water @77 degrees with hydroguard without issue.

As for the h202.... how many ml per gallon should i use? Does walmart sell it? Im only familiar with the brown bottle in the medicine isle...is this the same stuff?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldone For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
    I ordered hydroguard about 2 hours ago prime and its supposed to be here on the 11th...yea right lol. Prolly get here on the 13th.

I dont have a solution for a chiller right now...or not in enough time to matter im guessing. I did read that i can run the water @77 degrees with hydroguard without issue.

As for the h202.... how many ml per gallon should i use? Does walmart sell it? Im only familiar with the brown bottle in the medicine isle...is this the same stuff?
    I've never heard of hydroguard, think it might be A UK thing. All I have ever seen is the Brown Bottle, Hydrogen Peroxide my self also.

Thanks

Hydroguard is all I use no matter what temperature my res gets. I highly recommend it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast