Thread: Ph dosing pump

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

Default Ph dosing pump

Any you guys running an automated ph dosing controller with pump???
    I never even knew they existed until 10mins ago i found one on ebay from bluelabs....

Something like this would allow me to let the missus feed my plants, measuring nutrients she can do fine but ph is a no go for her.

She has only just come around to actually acknowledging that they exist and now she is offering to feed then for me when I'm at work.

Ive just had confirmation from work that I'm going to be part of a very large scale earthworks job set to last a year and be worth tens of millions so I'm predicting long hours for a while.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (12-12-20), Farmer Geddon (14-12-20), GEORGE (12-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

There are workarounds for keeping the pH in range that don't involve meters or dosing controllers.

Easiest is to do passive hydro. The acceptable pH range is fairly wide as the pH only has to stay good for 24 hours. The next feed resets the pH and it's then good for at least another 24 hours.

Assuming that your tap water is consistent, you only have to get the pH correct once for each nutrient strength % that you use. I use full strength from the start [Eeek!]. By good fortune, the lucas formula in tap water has an acceptable pH for passive hydro without using adjusters. 20 litres of tap water, (I use a wine fermenter because handles,) 40ml of GH Micro and 80ml of GH Bloom. That gets poured into the nute res. Job done. (Different ratio needed for coco.)

If you feel the need to use weaker nutes, decide on which percentages to use. If you want say, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%, then find the amount of pH adjuster needed for each in a set volume of tap water. Then it becomes a routine. 20L of tap water, 25% of full strength nutes and X ml of pH adjuster.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (14-12-20), GEORGE (14-12-20)