Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smart Controller & Smart Tent

Thanks

Default Smart Controller & Smart Tent

Hi guys,

I'm currently developing a smart controller prototype that measures light intensity, temperature, humidity and co2. I will be able to set my lights schedule, desired temperature and humidity inside the tent. The controller will have 8 electric sockets (lights, outlet fan, inlet fan, oscillating fan, dehumidifier, humidifier, heater and 1 extra socket just in case I'll need it for something later) and it will also have an ip camera. I'll be able to control everything with my phone and I will also be able to see my garden 24/7 plus I'll be able to take photos, record videos and time-lapses directly to my phone, tablet, computer, hard disk, cloud, etc. It will also have an LCD on the box where I can read all the information and change the settings manually there.

This will be programmed to use all the equipment mention above but it will also work if you only have 1 or 2 products (light and outlet fan for example). Making it an option for everyone, if you're starting and you only have basic equipment, it will do the job with what you have. If you already have all the equipment to guarantee stable growing conditions (or if you're planning on buying the rest of the equipment later) this all in one controller will make your life much easier while guaranteeing you a top quality bud. This controller will send you notifications if the temperatures go too high or too low, the same goes for humidity. It will also send you a notification if something is not running properly.

Since this is a prototype for a potential product to sell, I would like to know if you're interested in this type of technology? Also, is there anything I'm missing that you would like to add? My goal is to automate as many tasks as possible so I can (and if everything goes according to plan, later you will be able too) guarantee that I can grow top quality weed without consuming me a lot of time. For the ones interested, how much are you willing to pay for a product like this? Would you prefer a cheaper lower quality product or a better more expensive option?

If I feel there's a market after testing and launching this product and with all the user's feedback, my goal is to use the money of the smart controller to develop a smart tent for organic growing. Combining HID & LED with a water tank, nutrients tanks, mixing tank, fans, heater, cooler, humidifier, dehumidifier. It will measure literally everything, even the pH of your soil. It will measure and correct your solution's pH and EC before watering. You'll be able to choose how many ml/L you want for each nutrient. All this being extremely efficient and using as little electricity as possible. I still don't know the measurements of the tent as I'm still studying a few topics and running some tests with the knowledge I currently have. This product will be tailored for the people who choose to smoke organically and want to choose which strains to smoke. It will consume very little of your time and it will be a very cheap option compared to buying weed from your dealer all year round. Plus, if you live in a place (like me) where Cannabis is still illegal you don't need to buy from dealers anymore.

I'll ask exactly the same questions for this product. Are you interested in this type of technology? Is there anything you would had it and/or remove it? How much money are you willing to pay for a product like this? Would you prefer a cheap lower cost product or a good quality higher price option?

I'm very eager to know your opinions and I'm looking forward to making grow high quality cannabis an easy option for everyone.

Kind regards and happy grows,
    Milkyzor

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milkyzor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-20), roooot (14-12-20), Zen Archer (13-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,773 Times

Sounds great

If you email David - [email protected] he'll be well placed to advise you to advertise

...until then we can't really allow you to advertise here...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-20), IceCalibur (13-12-20), Milkyzor (13-12-20)

Thanks

Thanks M_C

I will send an email to David but I want to say that I am only building a prototype for myself. I'm just trying to gather as much feedback as possible and understand if there's more interested in solving this problem as I am. I'm not trying to advertise anything, for that I already have my strategy to sell later on when I have the final product finished

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milkyzor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-20), M_C (13-12-20)

Thanks

Yeah but the powers that be above will take a pretty dim view of a member after feedback/market research - You know how it is Better safe than sorry

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-20), IceCalibur (13-12-20), Milkyzor (13-12-20)

Thanks

Thanks for your concern buddy but I see this as a greater cause and I believe this could be very valuable for every grower in the future. But in order to build that to the market, first I need to find out if people are interested in this technology as I am. Otherwise, I'll just have to build it for myself.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milkyzor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-20), M_C (13-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

This forum is not the right place to do R&D. This forum
    is to help fellow hobbyists learn to grow their meds.
    If you were allowed to do it that would set precedent
    for others to come and spam the forum.
    Good luck with it and when it's done let us know.
    Sure there would be some folks interested.

ATB

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-20), IceCalibur (13-12-20), Milkyzor (13-12-20), MrC (14-12-20), M_C (13-12-20)

Thanks

OK, I'll try a little less subtly... your greater cause isn't the forums greater cause. Whilst it could well be valuable, you can not use this forum in any way shape or forum to perfect your ideas....

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (13-12-20), GEORGE (13-12-20), Herbitual (14-12-20), IceCalibur (13-12-20), MrC (14-12-20), Tyrionblue (13-12-20), Valentina (13-12-20)

Thanks

I understand I am no different and that there are rules but how am I supposed to build something for others if I don't know if others are interested. I didn't want to cause any harm just wanted to fix a problem but apparently I'm creating another. Sorry

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milkyzor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-20), M_C (13-12-20)

Thanks

The fun of development lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-20)

Thanks

The only thing you failed to realize is that this isn't my greater cause. My problem is being solved as we're speaking, I was just trying to find out if there were more people interested in having this problem fixed for themselves too. Clearly, we don't have the same vision so since you guys are senior members tell me what do you want me to do? Delete the post?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milkyzor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-12-20), M_C (13-12-20), roooot (14-12-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast