they think it would even work.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inlineedition.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	392814

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (21-12-20), gardro (20-12-20), GEORGE (22-12-20), Skunkpunch (21-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    Hi Folks, I am thinking about switching to coco but am worried
    about the daily feeding. Not sure if I can mix feed and ph every day
    due to health. I would like to be able to mix about 60 liters of
    ph'd balanced feed at a time and keep the ph adjusted during
    The duration of using it all up.

Came across this and wondered if anyone has used one or if
    they think it would even work.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inlineedition.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	392814
    Id like to see it in action really. You will need a clever algorithm designed by a grower and some decent sensing equipment.

Control is a wonderful thing when it works but its very easy to look "controlled" by conincidence.

Imagine a pH that drops. You add some pH up but then the temperature drifts. All the time pH is naturally drifting. Should you now add pH down? Did you need to add the pH up in the first place.

What im saying its really not hard to get familiar with your own nutrients and water Blue. If you adjust correct first time, you usally are done. If you have to keep adjusting and counter adjusting, you end up with some dodgy feed!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-12-20), Blue61 (20-12-20), Farmer Geddon (21-12-20), GEORGE (22-12-20), Skunkpunch (21-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Id like to see it in action really. You will need a clever algorithm designed by a grower and some decent sensing equipment.

Control is a wonderful thing when it works but its very easy to look "controlled" by conincidence.

Imagine a pH that drops. You add some pH up but then the temperature drifts. All the time pH is naturally drifting. Should you now add pH down? Did you need to add the pH up in the first place.

What im saying its really not hard to get familiar with your own nutrients and water Blue. If you adjust correct first time, you usally are done. If you have to keep adjusting and counter adjusting, you end up with some dodgy feed!
    Thanks for the quick reply Gardro. Let me see if I have this right.
    If I mix a week's worth of feed and ph it correctly I shouldn't have to adjust
    even if the ph swings due to temp or adding dissolved oxygen with an airstone?
    Trying to figure this out before going to coco.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (21-12-20), GEORGE (22-12-20), Skunkpunch (21-12-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Gardro. Let me see if I have this right.
    If I mix a week's worth of feed and ph it correctly I shouldn't have to adjust
    even if the ph swings due to temp or adding dissolved oxygen with an airstone?
    Trying to figure this out before going to coco.
    Its like most things pal. Once used to it its a piece of cake.

Its hard to speculate on how it will behave for you and your nutes. I would make up enough mix for a 3-4 days really. After that, your stuff is old anyway.

Right now, i make a fresh 10 litres every 2 days. It takes me 5 minutes. I can add 20 drops of pH down and then i add 5 drops on day 2 to compensate for the shift.

Maybe i could jusy add 25 on day 1 and just put up with the swing.

My water used to be all over the place but now i use RO to help. Hard water resists pH adjustment, soft adjusts quickly.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-12-20), Blue61 (20-12-20), Farmer Geddon (21-12-20), GEORGE (22-12-20), Skunkpunch (21-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Its like most things pal. Once used to it its a piece of cake.

Its hard to speculate on how it will behave for you and your nutes. I would make up enough mix for a 3-4 days really. After that, your stuff is old anyway.

Right now, i make a fresh 10 litres every 2 days. It takes me 5 minutes. I can add 20 drops of pH down and then i add 5 drops on day 2 to compensate for the shift.

Maybe i could jusy add 25 on day 1 and just put up with the swing.

My water used to be all over the place but now i use RO to help. Hard water resists pH adjustment, soft adjusts quickly.
    I get what your saying. Kinda thought thats how I would have to do it. My water here is real hard so have
    been mixing 50/50 with distilled. Hope ya don't mind one more question.
    I have been adding D.O. to my water because I am in soil. Does that do me any good running coco?

Thanks mate

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-12-20), Farmer Geddon (21-12-20), gardro (20-12-20), GEORGE (22-12-20), Skunkpunch (21-12-20)

Thanks

I get what your saying. Kinda thought thats how I would have to do it. My water here is real hard so have
    been mixing 50/50 with distilled. Hope ya don't mind one more question.
    I have been adding D.O. to my water because I am in soil. Does that do me any good running coco?

Thanks mate
    Dissolved oxygen? Ive never bothered with air stones etc. The frequency of the feeding in coco brings in plenty of air to the roots

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-12-20), Farmer Geddon (21-12-20), GEORGE (22-12-20), Skunkpunch (21-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Last grow, I added 2 coco plants as a tester. (5 weeks behind the 3 plants in p/v.) 5 litre pots and they got fed a bit less than 1 litre a day. Plenty of runoff.

As I mix 20L at a time, it would last 7 or 8 days. No problems whatsoever. Apart them growing too big. If your mix is good enough for day 1, it's going to be good enough for a week at least.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-12-20), GEORGE (22-12-20), Skunkpunch (21-12-20)