Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Strange multi coloured leaf. Any ideas?

Thanks

There's a better pic.... looking at these now she really does look stressed.

The healthier looking one is 2 trays down and what the rest look like. As previously mentioned, having a few issues with cold night temps that im working on, and the reason (i think) for the purple stems, clawing top leaves. Leaves within the plant are fine, nice green, flat n healthy, Im assuming due to being better insulated by the surrounding foliage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201231_133439_600x800.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	393204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201231_133501_600x800.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	393205  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (01-01-21), GEORGE (31-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THCBrova View Post
    If it was unbuffered wouldn't that mean Id more likely get the same ph reading out the bottom what I flush in the top?
    No mate, it would depend on the PH of the coco....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-20), Petal (31-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    No mate, it would depend on the PH of the coco....
    Ah right... well something definitely aint right with it. Its the first and last time I'll be using that! Lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

They all definitely getting enough run off sure the worse ones ain't drying more then others? Just a thought lol

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grower88 View Post
    They all definitely getting enough run off sure the worse ones ain't drying more then others? Just a thought lol

Plenty of run off, couple of litres. And not drying, I know they look like they should be dry and crispy but they're actually feel soft, as they you'd expect of they were healthy and green.

Is thinned out 4 on the otherside of the room last night and made up some co2 using the sugar and yeast method (little experiment), and moved my IN from outside to internal air from the gaff. So temp numbers are much better now.

But I made a tank feed up a couple of days ago and ph'd to 5.9, checked it tonight and its reading 7.0 :-/ I dont know how the hell thats happened. Its a fexi tank and has been zipped up. There is a pump in there just to keep the feed mixing... that was just left on the floor inbetween jobs, not cleaned, I wonder if that could be altering/contaminating the feed and changing the ph... sounds a bit conspiracy theory lol... probably more likely the pen.

Frustrating this man! Lol!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-20), Grower88 (31-12-20)

Thanks

My ph will climb in the rez to my water is so crap my starting ec is 0.7.

I have a water pump to come on 15mins 6times a day to keep things moxed rather then constant. Ph is much more stable. Also ye i dont use inline for outside air for me it's been easier to control the environment with no inline lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grower88 View Post
    My ph will climb in the rez to my water is so crap my starting ec is 0.7.

I have a water pump to come on 15mins 6times a day to keep things moxed rather then constant. Ph is much more stable. Also ye i dont use inline for outside air for me it's been easier to control the environment with no inline lol

What do you do when your ph climbs, do you continually correct it or take it with a pinch of salt and leave it. What do you think causes that?
    I wonder if thats the problem I am having, because once the feed is done in the rez I just leave it till it needs filling. Only started obsessively checking it after these recent issues. Never had a problem before.

That 15min 6 times a day sounds like a winner, so youre keeping them borderline wet/dry? What sort of numbers do you get normally?
    In veg these are sat in trays which hold 2L approx I think, then as they drink a float opens a value to refill as and when required. Alien Easy Feed. I dont start with the timer until 2nd week of flower normally. Seems to be a lot of algae this time as well.
    When I make up a fresh rez I let them drink whats in the trays so that I flood them with fresh to try and keep rez and tray readings the same, otherwise Ive found salt build up in the trays when just adding on top.

You dont have an inline at all? Just in winter or all year round? Are you in a tent? Im in a sealed room so dont think I can do without my intake... poot things would suffocate lol.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-01-21), Grower88 (01-01-21)

Thanks

I Googled the meaning of Buffered before because I was trying to explain things to my mum, and it said;

CHEMISTRY
    a solution which resists changes in pH when acid or alkali is added to it.

So Im feeling pretty confident that coco is buffered and why I get different ph readings when testing runoff. 7.0 is neutral and so shouldnt have any effect on the plant if Im adding 6.0 and shes drinking it in. Cant think why that would prevent adequate nute uptake... unless the roots take in initially, then excess nutes left in the coco has its ph altered out of range due to the buffered coco, making them unavailable to the plant. But then surely there would start to be salt build up in the pots... then potentially an osmosis issue, with the roots struggling to take enough nutes up! Hummm...

I do have tendency to over think things and misdiagnose simple stuff though! Shit! Lol ??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-01-21)

Thanks

Ye im in a tent mate so maybe different.

When I say water pump I don't mean feed 6 times a day I feed once a day in coco. I have a water pump in my rez what comes on just to mix it if I leave it on or any air stones on that will make the ph rise so I just put a drop of ph down in as and when I need to before feeds

I don't test run off ph just ec from time to time

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-01-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2