Thread: Best nutes for rdwc

Thanks

Default Best nutes for rdwc

Im currently half way through my first rdwc grow. Iv been using canna aqua a and b , calmag , and i added xforce silicon as i was sent a free sameple by shop when i orderd bits and pieces. Iv boight canna rhizatonic and also bought great white after reading difrent things. Iv now read something saying dont use organic in rdwc systems. By the look of it they are both organic. Can any one confirm this. Can any 1 give me a list of what i should be using start to finish so i can make sure i get my next grow right. My grows going ok but out of my 8 plants 2 are quite big and chunky looking nice. 4 are quite skinny and 2 are quite nice and chunky but are half the size of my biggest. Biggest are about 3.5 ft smallest 1.5ft. Purple queen autos. Not understanding the size comparisons when they are all drinking from the same flow of water.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wheatley90 For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (14-01-21), Farmer Geddon (14-01-21), GEORGE (14-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

size difference in the plants is just pheno variation, use better quality genetics would solve this. dinafems purple moby dick and paradise wappa are amongst the most uniform plants ive done.

canna nutrients are fine for rdwc, and so are ionic and vitalink. avoid duch pro, they are shyte imho.
    i wouldnt use the rhizo, its organic, and rdwc doesnt really need any root stim, as they grow so fast anyway. i just use ionic grow and bloom, growth tech silicone and canna cal mag. that is all you need to be honest.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

bren2466 (05-09-21), GEORGE (14-01-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    size difference in the plants is just pheno variation, use better quality genetics would solve this. dinafems purple moby dick and paradise wappa are amongst the most uniform plants ive done.

canna nutrients are fine for rdwc, and so are ionic and vitalink. avoid duch pro, they are shyte imho.
    i wouldnt use the rhizo, its organic, and rdwc doesnt really need any root stim, as they grow so fast anyway. i just use ionic grow and bloom, growth tech silicone and canna cal mag. that is all you need to be honest.
    Ok cheers pal spent so much on difrent things and just found out thete mainly oragani things lol. When you say about the size and u said about some being more uniform then others. These are purple queen autos havent had much problems with height differ before on them but that was with wilma system.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wheatley90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Your plants are all green. To me, that means that the ec/pH and brand of nutes is fine. The plants wouldn't be all green otherwise so no advantage to changing your nute regime.

Some ideas off the top of my head which may or may not apply to your situation:

If the airline to each plant is on a spur rather than a ring, it is possible that some plants get more air than others. Similar with water flow. When water flows from A to B, there is no guarantee that it touches everything between A and B with an equal amount of flow. If the main res is heated, then the first plant gets more warmth and the last plant not so much.

All systems have their hassles and with dwc, those hassles are paid for up front. Plain sailing after that though. Getting dwc fully dialled in by the 2nd grow is a big ask imo. The more efficient the system, the bigger the impact small details can make. I'd recommend keeping it plain vanilla at first, ie. no additives or supplements until you are confident the next grow will be all green and problem free, Then additives/supplements can be tried one at a time.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

bren2466 (05-09-21), GEORGE (14-01-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    Your plants are all green. To me, that means that the ec/pH and brand of nutes is fine. The plants wouldn't be all green otherwise so no advantage to changing your nute regime.

Some ideas off the top of my head which may or may not apply to your situation:

If the airline to each plant is on a spur rather than a ring, it is possible that some plants get more air than others. Similar with water flow. When water flows from A to B, there is no guarantee that it touches everything between A and B with an equal amount of flow. If the main res is heated, then the first plant gets more warmth and the last plant not so much.

All systems have their hassles and with dwc, those hassles are paid for up front. Plain sailing after that though. Getting dwc fully dialled in by the 2nd grow is a big ask imo. The more efficient the system, the bigger the impact small details can make. I'd recommend keeping it plain vanilla at first, ie. no additives or supplements until you are confident the next grow will be all green and problem free, Then additives/supplements can be tried one at a time.
    Its a tidy system its the aline pro system. 8 x 36ltr pots plus a header tank. My header tank isnt heated but the waters a steady 19 , 20 deg. Eatch pot has a 0 ring that is the same size as bottom of the pot so its quite big. I tried with no additives just canna aqua a and b and some silicon. Week 2 they were all doing ok but 1 closest to header ( theres 4 eatch side) 1 side closest 1 leaves were getting brown rust spots so ended up adding cal mag.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wheatley90 For This Useful Post:

bren2466 (05-09-21), Farmer Geddon (14-01-21), GEORGE (14-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Is the air supply a closed ring or 2 spurs? If a closed ring, then they should be all getting the same amount of air.

I'm curious as to how your next grow does. If there are bigger plants in the same sites as the current biggies, that could be a bit of a puzzle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    Is the air supply a closed ring or 2 spurs? If a closed ring, then they should be all getting the same amount of air.

I'm curious as to how your next grow does. If there are bigger plants in the same sites as the current biggies, that could be a bit of a puzzle.
    Closed ring

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wheatley90 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (15-01-21), GEORGE (15-01-21)