Thread: Canna oil - ok to start immediately after harvest?

Thanks

Default Canna oil - ok to start immediately after harvest?

Hi all, I have made canna oil using olive oil from my last couple of harvests. My preferred way of consumption, though the effect takes a couple of hours to really kick in. I decarb in the oven for 15/20 mins, then slow cook for 8/10 hours. All I do is hang the buds for a couple of days first and then strip off excess leaves/stems etc.
    My query is - is it necessary to dry the buds first - or can I decarb straight after cutting down. Secondly - is it better to grind the buds roughly (I appreciate that means some drying/curing would be required).

All advice gratefully received!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilson For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (14-01-21), Cats (10-05-21), GEORGE (14-01-21), Jingo (14-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

With the process you're using there's no real need to thoroughly dry the weed before the decarb. In my opinion there's no need to go through any cureing process either.

I typically would put my flowers, if I knew they were going straight into a concentrate, in my dehydrator first.

You kind of have to figure out for yourself whether you should just crumble the product before you put it in the oil or grind it, the main difference is going to be how much you have to filter back out before you start using it.

If you like your olive oil that way, you might like the magic butter machine. A lot of people use it the way you're describing.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (14-01-21), Blue61 (14-01-21), Cats (10-05-21), GEORGE (14-01-21), M_C (14-01-21), wilson (14-01-21)