Thread: Organic Deficiency

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Default Organic Deficiency

Hi fellow gardeners,

I am trying to do my latest grow organically but am struggling with feeding. I have several plants doing fine (first pic below) but I have others that seem to be not getting enough nitrogen (other pics).

I have recently potted up into Plagron Allmix which is organically pre fertilised and I have added alfalfa meal and insect frass so I was expecting the deficiency to resolve itself.

I am trying to be patient but don't want to allow the affected plants to get to the point that they are difficult to get back on track. If necessary, I could apply some synthetic nutrients but don't want to be too hasty. BTW ph seems OK just below 7.

What do you guys think?

Thank you,
    DT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210114_140558.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	393850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210114_140612.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	393851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210114_140628.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	393852

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

That's the problem with shop bought soils no idea what in them,
    How long since you top dressed ?
    I would bubble kelp or alfalfa in your case for 24 hours then drench the soil
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (14-01-21), GEORGE (14-01-21), Mac (15-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Thanks for your reply Redz, I have not top dressed yet, I re potted from 6 litre to 20 litre pots. I mixed the alfalfa with the Plagron peat/soil and sprinkled frass and malted barley powder in the root zone when transplanting. Did this over the weekend just gone. I have bat guano for top dressing when I switch.

I like your idea of making an aerated tea as not done one yet, got the kit here so will try this over this weekend. Having thought about it, I am happy to take a risk on the couple of plants with the deficiency, at least I will learn something in the process. So will resist dropping mineral ferts on them if at all possible.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (14-01-21), GEORGE (14-01-21), Mac (15-01-21)