Thread: Sugar

Thanks

Default Sugar

I was watching a tv program about beef tomato’s & the smaller sweeter ones.
    They were trying to get a beef tomato’s to produce more sugar as the smaller sweet ones were what was selling.
    What they were doing worked as the beef tomato’s sugar content was a lot higher going from roundabout 3 from a normally grown one on there scale to 8.

One of the things they were doing in flower or fruiting was to withhold water during waterings so the plant thought it was dying and started to produce more sugar.

Another was to real quickly drop the temps tricking the plant so the leaves went to sleep yet the fruit didn’t.

The latter maybe something most can’t do as they were using specific equipment to lower the temps so quickly that most growers won’t own.

I was wondering what would happen to a cannabis plant grown under these circumstances.
    My first thought would be your going to stunt withholding water due to stress.

If they were producing less surly they would find another way. I know that’s tomato’s & there mabye bigger differences than I’ve taken into account.

Just wondering what folk thoughts were on trying something like this.
    Not going to atm as I’ve seen many new ideas shot down in flames yet not all.
    Bite The Bullet ~ rip Motörhead.
    My current grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...garden-revived

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-01-21), Bud Lightyear (21-01-21), GEORGE (21-01-21), Greengrass (21-01-21), Mac (21-01-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (21-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

It's called the Brix which is the sugar content of plants..Raising the brix on fruiting plants will always be beneficial. Adding products such as molasses and simple sugars in carbohydrates will improve the brix...Many vineyards and other fruit producers measure and adjust brix to maximise product quality..

Regards BL

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-01-21), Cannabug (21-01-21), GEORGE (21-01-21), Greengrass (21-01-21), Mac (21-01-21), M_C (21-01-21), Stillmix (21-01-21), ToughCall (05-03-21)

Thanks

That’s a interesting video.
    Informative post bud, thanks

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-01-21), Bud Lightyear (21-01-21), Cannabug (21-01-21), GEORGE (21-01-21)