Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Setting up grow in new house need help with lot space

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thewhitereefer View Post
    I have and for the height need because of 50cm space between the braces ( its gutting cause this is the perfect loft it's like sectioned with brick walls the grow will be totally out of sight with out having to really go deep in the space) my max height is 1.5mt....
    Hmm yes I see, ok well the only tent I was able to find which would fit for you is the Gorilla SHORTY Grow Tent - 120x120cm Height - 125cm, (height can be increased to 152.4cm with extension kit) OR Gorilla SHORTY Grow Tent - 150x150cm - 5ft x 5ft (same height).

But it's damn expensive at £269.99 for the 1.2x1.2 and £289.99 for the 1.5x1.5

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-02-21), Farmer Geddon (01-02-21), GEORGE (01-02-21), Jingo (01-02-21), Mac (01-02-21), thewhitereefer (01-02-21)

Thanks

Ok bear with me here its evolving all of the time, that's why I like others opinions at planning stages, so how about I build a timber frame with chip board walls? Can u see any issues with this, i would be able to custom build it for the space plus could probs knock it up for £150 from what I've seen online for prices. I would have to seal the corners and joins and put in openings for extraction but I'm capable of this.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thewhitereefer For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-02-21), Farmer Geddon (01-02-21), GEORGE (01-02-21), IceCalibur (01-02-21), Jingo (01-02-21), Mac (01-02-21), M_C (02-02-21)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thewhitereefer View Post
    Ok bear with me here its evolving all of the time, that's why I like others opinions at planning stages, so how about I build a timber frame with chip board walls? Can u see any issues with this, i would be able to custom build it for the space plus could probs knock it up for £150 from what I've seen online for prices. I would have to seal the corners and joins and put in openings for extraction but I'm capable of this.
    I'd say if you can build it, then that will always be better than a tent

We have a few members who have built something like this if you have a search around on the forum, and/or you can open a thread specifically for building a grow room in your loft and all those with experience can chime in.

Here are a few links I found for you to get you started ;

British green gets down and dirty >> Clicky

Jesse's loft build >> Clicky

Mike's Loft Build 2012 >> Clicky

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-02-21), Farmer Geddon (01-02-21), GEORGE (01-02-21), Jingo (01-02-21), Mac (01-02-21), thewhitereefer (01-02-21)

Thanks

Thanks for your help everyone I'm now a man with plan

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thewhitereefer For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-02-21), Farmer Geddon (01-02-21), GEORGE (01-02-21), IceCalibur (01-02-21), Jingo (01-02-21), Mac (01-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I'd be wary of moving the braces as it will change the leverage. The higher the braces, the easier it is for the lower part of the roof to move.

I reckon my (now dismantled) 4 x 315w cmh 1m8 x 1m8 9 plant scrog would fit in there without moving any braces. The bottom of the pots were higher than the builders buckets used to collect runoff and from the floor, they never finished higher than 1m3. The lights can go between the braces and a bit higher. Only needs a fan and filter fitted. No ducting.

When a space is only used for growing, tents and cabs aren't necessary ime. There are no light leak issues and there's plenty of woodwork to hang the lights from. All that's missing is a way of reflecting spilled light onto the canopy. Orca is the best for that. My scrog had the Orca surround it like a shower curtain. I only had to unclip one end of it and slide out the trolleys to do the screen weaving.

With it being semi open plan, the cellar did smell of weed some. Inside a tent smells of weed too. Having negative pressure means no odour escapes to the rest of of the house. Plenty of people have walked over my setup and not smelt a thing.

Here's how simple extraction can be if you don't use ducting. This is fitted to a roof window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1119.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	394704  

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-02-21), GEORGE (01-02-21), M_C (02-02-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2