Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need some advice on lights

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tapper82 View Post
    I got 2 x 600w hps in there now but really struggling with temps too high.
    If you're happy with the intensity but tired of the temperature, The Q7 matches a 600w HPS in light output but only produces half the heat, at 330w draw. It also emits the heat produced upwards instead of downwards, like HPS bulbs do.
    I found from a google search that Coco For Cannabis have measured a 600w HPS lamp at four different heights. I guess the light footprint produced by a 600w HPS differs a bit depending on what ballast, reflector and bulb it is, but it's still informative.

You'll want between 25-30w/sqft (270-325w/m2) with high quality LED to have your cannabis plants near their full potential.
    2 x 1.2 meters = 2.4 m2 = 650-780w

One ts1000 draws 150w
    One ts3000 draws 300w

Coco For Cannabis have tested the ts1000 as well, and looking at their 60x60cm intensity map, we see right away that you are going to need around one lamp per 60x60cm, or slightly larger, to have decent coverage.

60x60cm equals 0.36 m2.
    0.36m2 fits 6.66 times into 2.4m2.
    In other words, you'll need six ts1000 to cover your grow space with 600+ PPFD.
    Numbers and PPFD maps can be boring but they're really the best way to assess a grow light's performance.
    I hope this helped a little :-)

We're still offering a 10% THCtalk discount on our lamps. Just let us know if you want to try a kickass lamp and we'll generate a personal coupon code for you.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Max - LEDTonic For This Useful Post:

gardro (16-02-21), GEORGE (16-02-21), Karsa (16-02-21), maenam (16-02-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2