Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Insulating a Grow Tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BittyBlue View Post
    Very itchy, to have two showers, it was everywhere, up my nose, in my eyes ......

I’m also investing in a remote thermometer as it’s looking odd the amount I’m back and for to the garage to check temps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Get a pair of overalls, the paper hazmat type. Tape up the sleeves and legs and wear a facemask. Will help reduce the itch, but that shit gets everywhere.

I've got a wifi camera I'm just waiting to test, might have to get it setup in the tent, 24/7 grow room access from my phone

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

BittyBlue (14-02-21), GEORGE (14-02-21), Mac (18-02-21), Pablo (14-02-21), scoot (14-02-21), Valentina (16-02-21)

Thanks

I would be looking at them all day

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BittyBlue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-21), Loki (14-02-21), Mac (18-02-21), Pablo (14-02-21), scoot (14-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,027 Times

Iv a lot of the rock wool on top of my box as I was worried about snow melting. And it’s so good Iv no worry about snow anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

BittyBlue (14-02-21), GEORGE (14-02-21), Mac (18-02-21), Pablo (14-02-21), scoot (14-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,413 Times

Very itchy, to have two showers, it was everywhere, up my nose, in my eyes ......

I’m also investing in a remote thermometer as it’s looking odd the amount I’m back and for to the garage to check temps.

I absolutely HATED dealing with that shit when I worked demolition,we had to rip that shit out before the machines done the fun stuff,only thing I found close to as itchy as that shit is CS gas/Tear gas in a confined space.
    I've gotta add more insulation to my attic but I'm tempted to just hire someone else to do it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-21), Mac (18-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pablo69 View Post
    my vegging box is made from just kingspan held together with duck tape,
    works a treat and that is also in my garage and it was minus 1 in that garage last night and it still gets to hot in the box even with just a 55w maxigrow light on in there.
    Thats looks awesome. I am going to make something similar in my shed over summer to keep some mums in.

Have a at look at govee thermometer/hydrometer. Its about £15. Has bluetooth so you can check temps from the app on your phone and get graphs of it over time. Im kind of obsessed with it at the moment as i am dialing my room in. It makes it so much easier.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Furtive For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-02-21), Mac (18-02-21)

Thanks

If the concrete is cold and if you haven't already, I'm sure that styrofoam lying between the tent and the concrete floor could have a decent impact on the temps.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Max - LEDTonic For This Useful Post:

BittyBlue (04-03-21), GEORGE (18-02-21), Mac (18-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,027 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Furtive View Post
    Thats looks awesome. I am going to make something similar in my shed over summer to keep some mums in.

Have a at look at govee thermometer/hydrometer. Its about £15. Has bluetooth so you can check temps from the app on your phone and get graphs of it over time. Im kind of obsessed with it at the moment as i am dialing my room in. It makes it so much easier.
    Had a look at that and have just ordered myself one. Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

BittyBlue (04-03-21), GEORGE (21-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Made a small box for when I pop seeds. Might buy a couple of pc fans and put some extraction in there.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

BittyBlue (04-03-21), Farmshop (21-02-21), GEORGE (21-02-21), Mac (08-11-21), Max - LEDTonic (21-02-21), SyRaX (21-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Max - LEDTonic View Post
    If the concrete is cold and if you haven't already, I'm sure that styrofoam lying between the tent and the concrete floor could have a decent impact on the temps.
    I’ve put some cardboard on the floor of the tent and the pots are off the floor on little stools, which seems to have done the trick, thank you

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BittyBlue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-03-21), Mac (08-11-21), Max - LEDTonic (04-03-21)

Thanks

Awesome thread, exactly what I have been looking for. Expect some messages from and questions from me guys. I been looking for people growing in out buildings and garages that get low temps in winter.

Thanks again.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jagermaster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-21), Mac (08-11-21)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast