Thread: Root Rot? Advice needed!

Thanks

Default Root Rot? Advice needed!

Hey there, I'll give you as much info as possible here to help me determine what the issue might be;

I'm growing 4 green gelato's (RQS) in a 1 metre squared space using 25 litre plastic pots with air domes using the autopot system.
    I'm using mainly organic nutrients from Plant Magic with added silicone and cal/ mag+ and started to use molasses but only very slightly, when they were transplanted I used Mycorrhiza to help with the shock etc.
    I use RO water with PH at around 6.2 - 6.5
    I'm using the spiderfarmer SF2000 which keeps temperature at a stable 23-25C with the humidity around 50%
    I have two aeration fans one at the bottom of the tent for the lower growth and another up high for the upper growth.
    I've been allowing the soil to go dry for 1/ 2 days a week to try and prevent root rot however one of the nutrients I use isn't adequate for the autopot so I feed the PK booster through the top of the soil.

I'm scrogging it and I'm just starting the 2nd week of flowering when I've noticed lower growth is starting to wilt and die back, I mean it doesn't get much light under the canopy and it's kind of normal? But not this amount of growth at this stage should be falling off? I'm losing maybe 5 leaves a day or so and noticed that the lower growth is wilted and dark, like a nutrient overdose? I did give them slightly too much nitrogen however that's been corrected now within the last week.

I prune the bottom of my plants so there's lots of air.

Unsure if it's root rot and whether I should try to transplant or try to get some treatment for it?

I have an enzyme treatment which breaks down old roots to turn in to feed and another nutrient called biowetter for stress so once the soil has dried out completely I might try this to help with the shock.

I also read somewhere that when trying to do indoor organic gardening with the build up of bacteria it can also potentially cause issues, was I wrong to try and use an automated watering system like the autopot and go organic at the same time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is my 8th grow (wheeyyy) and I've had 4 failures and 4 successes in my time growing so I know a bit but trying different things this time round such as indoor organic was a risk.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, hope you're all keeping safe during this mad time!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (13-02-21), Cannabug (13-02-21), GEORGE (13-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy. Pictures would be nice.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (13-02-21), Fuzz (13-02-21)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210213_115945.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	395289

Name:	20210213_120052.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	395290

Name:	20210213_120055.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	395288

There's some of the damage you see it's all dark? But yeah it's all the lower growth all on top they're looking pretty happy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry it's just some of the lower growth**

It's not all of it

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,395 Times

I'm not sure what is going on. Don 't use that root eating stuff.

PLEASE COPY THIS TEMPLATE AND FILL IN THE INFORMATION.
    Hi,

So you've popped in to the infirmary because your favorite girlis unhappy, your panicking, you need help, and you needed it yesterday. what to do?

well to begin, help us to help you by giving us as much info as possible, including pics. pics are so important, not just a pic of the symptoms, but a pic of the whole plant, pot and all. you can upload pics to the website directly too!

to aid, copy and paste as much of the info below as you can. dont worry if you dont know everything (and ive probably missed some stuff too).

Soil or hydro or coco:

Strain:

Photo or Auto:

plant age:

pot size:

has it been repotted? and when?:

soil type:

nutes or additives used and how often for soil:

Air temps (max min):

Res temps (max min):

humidity:

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl):

Light schedule:

ph level:

EC (hydro and coco only)

Background EC.

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco)

anything else you think may be relevant!

We know that you need help fast, and that every hour is an hour to long, but please be patien

If ya could fill this out you would get a lot of help.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

About the only thing I can add is that it is unlikely to be a root issue
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-02-21)

Thanks

A friend has said it's most likely overwatering so I'm gonna let the pots dry out over the next 4/ 5 days and see where I go from there, cheers for the advice though!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Just throwing something else at the wall to see if it sticks
    Have you trimmed off any fan leaves from around the issue?, looks like something has been nipped off in one of the shots

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-21)