Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aeroponic propergator temps?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

Quote Originally Posted by funkydawg View Post
    Well it has been freezing the past few days and I'm taking it the floor in my shed was passing cold up into the water as its not insulated and a wood shed on runners sitting on a concrete pad so I'm guessing this was the main factor in my temp issues.

Never have problems in the summer

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    It was always just the opposite for me, summers it would take longer to clone winters they would go quicker.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (15-02-21), Farmer Geddon (16-02-21), GEORGE (15-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    It was always just the opposite for me, summers it would take longer to clone winters they would go quicker.

J

I'll probably end up with problems in the summer once it's all insulated lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (16-02-21), GEORGE (15-02-21), Jingo (15-02-21)

Thanks

I'll probably end up with problems in the summer once it's all insulated lol

If you do remember the interval timers they work quite well.

J

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (16-02-21), funkydawg (15-02-21), GEORGE (15-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

I want to learn cloning in case seed supplies become problematic. One reason for cloning in my kitchen is more consistent temps as the c/h keeps it to a minimum of 21'C.

My current thinking is to use a heat mat controlled by a dimmer. Once set, it will only need adjusting a few times a year.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (16-02-21), GEORGE (16-02-21)

Thanks

And we have roots starting to poke there little heads out.

It's been 2 weeks at the low temps and 1 week at the proper temps so in total 3 weeks and 1 day before any signs of root development.

So I'll not lose the genetics after all. Happy days

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-02-21), Farmer Geddon (22-02-21), GEORGE (22-02-21)

Thanks

And we have roots starting to poke there little heads out.

It's been 2 weeks at the low temps and 1 week at the proper temps so in total 3 weeks and 1 day before any signs of root development.

So I'll not lose the genetics after all. Happy days

Congratulations, three weeks is a long time to wait to know whether or not you're going to lose out.

J

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-02-21), Farmer Geddon (23-02-21), funkydawg (23-02-21), GEORGE (23-02-21)

Thanks

Ive struggled more with taking clones than growing decent bud, my success rate has been round 50% for the past year so I've always had to take more than double to get 4.

I've had them wilting after 3 days, I've had some become mouldy then I've switched from aeroponic to peat plugs and back again.

Spent all my time and money getting my main room up to standard and neglected my mother and clones environment.

A simple little insulated compartment, heater pad and some cheap ass lights is all that was needed!!!!

Lesson has been learnt!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (23-02-21), Farmer Geddon (23-02-21), GEORGE (23-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

I always had trouble cloning. Was with a sigh of relief that I moved to feminised seeds. I'm now keen on learning how to do cloning properly. Not as easy as it sounds, it's voodoo. Cloning ABC can always work for one guy and Cloning ABC can always fail for another guy. And vice versa.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-02-21), funkydawg (24-02-21), GEORGE (24-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    I always had trouble cloning. Was with a sigh of relief that I moved to feminised seeds. I'm now keen on learning how to do cloning properly. Not as easy as it sounds, it's voodoo. Cloning ABC can always work for one guy and Cloning ABC can always fail for another guy. And vice versa.
    My old man just looks at me like im talking another language when i tell him I'm struggling to grow clones, apparently I'm fussing too much over them and opening the lid too much.

He used to take clones the basic way, straight cut - clonex - peat plug then straight into heated propergator with low voltage t5 and mist every other day

'just leave them to do there thing'! That's his words, if there not wilting there doing good lol.

I've done everything he said apart from when I'm light misting I'm using a very mild Rhyzotonic mix.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-02-21), Farmer Geddon (24-02-21), GEORGE (24-02-21), IceCalibur (24-02-21)

19. Default

My old man just looks at me like im talking another language when i tell him I'm struggling to grow clones, apparently I'm fussing too much over them and opening the lid too much.

He used to take clones the basic way, straight cut - clonex - peat plug then straight into heated propergator with low voltage t5 and mist every other day

'just leave them to do there thing'! That's his words, if there not wilting there doing good lol.

I've done everything he said apart from when I'm light misting I'm using a very mild Rhyzotonic mix.

I reckon you should listen to your old man more often, he's spot on

We can tend to fuss waaay too much..and he's right, a cutting from any plant will fade and start to wither within a day or two, if they are healthy and perky, you know they're getting all they need until they push out those roots and they're golden.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-02-21), Farmer Geddon (24-02-21), funkydawg (24-02-21), GEORGE (24-02-21)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast