Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: And again,brown spots on leaves.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,415 Times

First time I've used Epsom salts for anything other than drying out tree stumps lol,mixed 2 tablespoons into a cup of hot water added a little touch of soap which I then poured into a 1gal container of water,PH'd it to 6.2 and sprayed the girls,hoping it really is as simple as that.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (15-02-21), GEORGE (15-02-21), Mac (15-02-21), Petal (15-02-21), Skunkpunch (15-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scootb View Post
    Soil or hydro or coco: Coco hempy,perlite only in the res

Strain:OG Kush/AK420

Photo or Auto:Auto

plant age:6weeks ish

pot size:11ltr

has it been repotted? and when?:Nope

soil type:N/A

nutes or additives used and how often for soil:N/A

Air temps (max min):77-80

Res temps (max min):N/A

humidity:45-55

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl):2x240w QB's 3500k

Light schedule:24hours

ph level:5.8-6 tried 6.2 as well

EC (hydro and coco only)?

Background EC.?

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco)2.5ml micro,2.5ml bloom,.75ml grow,5ml koolbloom,5ml terpinator per gallon per day

I'm getting this shit again lol,I was feeding 2.5ml calmag/gallon but stopped incase it is causing my problem here,the plants otherwise look healthy and it only seems to be affecting my largest AK420 auto,and my OG kush auto but I do see some signs on my banana blaze auto as well.
    Lights are running at 220w each,about 18" from the plant tops,I have been using the feed chart below just like I did with my coco/fabric pot grows,always feed each day with plenty of runoff,I have considered running the lights 20/4 but I am highly doubtful that this would help.
    Every 2nd day I give the girls a light spray with optic foliar overgrow.

i've got exact same going on with my three power plants in flower, i'm not arsed tbh, but i'm putting it down to either the coco i reused from previous plants that went 12 weeks flowering could be some build up of salts or something or possibly the cold attic they were previously vegging in before coming down into the flower room.
    imnice
    Last edited by imnice; 15-02-21 at 07:56 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-21), Petal (15-02-21), scoot (15-02-21), Skunkpunch (15-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

calmag issues really need to be further defined to either calcium or magnesium to apply a correct fix. Giving calmag for a magnesium deficiency for example leads to bad times as you can very easily OD the calcium and create a lock out that stops the magnesium ever getting absorbed :P

Looks like magnesium to me, epsom salt foliar sounds like the perfect remedy.

Calcium def shows darker dirty brown/green looking leaves with spotting
    Mag def shows yellower leaves with rusty spots

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-08-21), GEORGE (15-02-21), Herbitual (15-02-21), IceCalibur (15-02-21), MrC (15-02-21), Petal (15-02-21), scoot (15-02-21), Skunkpunch (15-02-21)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    calmag issues really need to be further defined to either calcium or magnesium to apply a correct fix. Giving calmag for a magnesium deficiency for example leads to bad times as you can very easily OD the calcium and create a lock out that stops the magnesium ever getting absorbed :P

Agreed, we shouldn't really be mentioning 'calmag' anymore, unless a plant needs both calcium and magnesium, but we can separate the two in those situations.

Many times we see magnesium issues bundled together as a 'calmag' issue, or 'calmag' as the cure lol..and it just makes the situation worse for plants already at the limit for calcium.

The same can be said for too much magnesium, which can lock out the calcium.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-21), Herbitual (15-02-21), Mac (15-02-21), MrC (15-02-21), Petal (15-02-21), scoot (15-02-21), Skunkpunch (15-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    i've got exact same going on with my three power plants in flower, i'm not arsed tbh, but i'm putting it down to either the coco i reused from previous plants that went 12 weeks flowering could be some build up of salts or something or possibly the cold attic they were previously vegging in before coming down into the flower room.
    imnice
    Mine are in a tent in my basement,I insulated the room including the ceiling and there is forced air heating vents into every room in the house,the coco is from a fresh bag of Canna pro,I was giving 2 gallons between the 5 girls each day but I have started giving them 3gallons between them all each day now to ensure the hempy res's are completely flushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post

For sure bud,I gave the girls a spray yesterday,and another spray this morning.
    Should I be adding epsom to my feeds rather than foliar when the plants are budding though? I don't wanna end up with bud rot.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Agreed, we shouldn't really be mentioning 'calmag' anymore, unless a plant needs both calcium and magnesium, but we can separate the two in those situations.

Many times we see magnesium issues bundled together as a 'calmag' issue, or 'calmag' as the cure lol..and it just makes the situation worse for plants already at the limit for calcium.

The same can be said for too much magnesium, which can lock out the calcium.
    At least I have a better idea now,it's something that I have always been lucky enough to experience for some reason until now.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-21), Mac (16-02-21), Petal (16-02-21)

Thanks

I know this is an old thread but it died before the epsom feed question was answered.

I was searching old threads trying to educate myself on foliar feeds. So 1/2 tbsp epsom salt to 1 liter of water, then ph it. Sound about right?

Also, do any of you add dolomite lime to your soil mix? Would it help prevent this deficiency?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scottpot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-21), scoot (28-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scottpot View Post
    I know this is an old thread but it died before the epsom feed question was answered.

I was searching old threads trying to educate myself on foliar feeds. So 1/2 tbsp epsom salt to 1 liter of water, then ph it. Sound about right?

Also, do any of you add dolomite lime to your soil mix? Would it help prevent this deficiency?
    I use about 1/2 teaspoon epsom per gallon,I dissolve it in a cup with a little molasses and hot water then add to my water,then add the feed and PH for coco.
    For soil the same but no feed in my soil and I don't PH in soil.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-21), Scottpot (28-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Scottpot View Post

I use 1 teaspoon per litre for a foliar feed. I don't ph it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-08-21), GEORGE (28-08-21), scoot (28-08-21), Scottpot (28-08-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,489 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    I use about 1/2 teaspoon epsom per gallon,I dissolve it in a cup with a little molasses and hot water then add to my water,then add the feed and PH for coco.
    For soil the same but no feed in my soil and I don't PH in soil.
    Hey scoot. Did the mag sulfate end up helping with this issue?

Cheers,
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-08-21), scoot (28-08-21), Scottpot (28-08-21)

Thanks

It did indeed,but.... I also found that the LED intensity was part of the problem,I dimmed my lights and raised them that along with the epsom and molasses+ no more shitty leaves.
    My current girl(Lemon Skunk),I gave her a little nute burn when I gave her double the liquid koolbloom for several days by accident(forgot the dosage hahaha) other than the nute burn her leaves look good.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

barney_b (28-08-21), GEORGE (28-08-21), Scottpot (28-08-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3