Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Problems with too little effects with Vaporizer

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Quote Originally Posted by doleritejack View Post
    Me too! I'm an old "returnee" to this stuff after 40 years away. I tried smoking and bong but they were too much for my old lungs. So I splashed out on Da Vinci MIQRO vape. I found it to be nigh on useless. The battery life is too short to take more than three pulls or one toke and the vapour doesn't give me high. I've had other people actually smoke the same plant and they get high, but not me. I can see the faint wisp of vapour come out of my mouth but after a while, no effect at all. I've read a lot about the different terpenes and their efficacies at different temperatures and I've played around with the temp setting but this Da Vinci vape just doesn't do it. I'll keep trying but I feel I've done my dough with this vape.
    I've owned all of the DaVinci Vapes and the first two were great. The last one was a piece of s*** in my mind. I even called them and asked if I couldn't send it back and get my money back, because I buy directly from the vaporizers website to avoid knockoffs.

I ended up giving that thing away it was so worthless. I bought one of the original DaVinci's and three of the second DaVinci and they wouldn't even let me get my money back on the third one. So I don't buy their brand anymore.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), DomoArigato (12-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22), V8 (12-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,350 Times

Quote Originally Posted by doleritejack View Post
    Me too! I'm an old "returnee" to this stuff after 40 years away. I tried smoking and bong but they were too much for my old lungs. So I splashed out on Da Vinci MIQRO vape. I found it to be nigh on useless. The battery life is too short to take more than three pulls or one toke and the vapour doesn't give me high. I've had other people actually smoke the same plant and they get high, but not me. I can see the faint wisp of vapour come out of my mouth but after a while, no effect at all. I've read a lot about the different terpenes and their efficacies at different temperatures and I've played around with the temp setting but this Da Vinci vape just doesn't do it. I'll keep trying but I feel I've done my dough with this vape.
    I quit combusting my weed a few years back and started vaping exclusively, and couldn't be happier. Long time smoker here, so quite familiar with just about any/all smoking methods. I think that it does take a little while to adapt, but at the end of the day I now view smoking (for me) as dirty. That said, I'll come straight out and say that I am Dynavap Gang, and thats are my vape of choice for many reasons. No batteries, discrete, highly portable, durable, capability to milk with a pulsed induction heater or single flame torch. I started out with a basic Dynavap Vapcap 2018 M a few years back, but have since upgraded to a Simrell (3rd party vapcap parts manufacturer) MVS. Despite the classic Vapcap M already being the shit IMO, the MVS runs much cooler and has a tapered 10mm mouth piece that fits quite well into any 10mm bong stem adaptor. Despite the size, these things deliver RIPS. They conserve weed considerably also, as the bowl only holds a pinch, yet you get 2-3 good rips out of a bowl pack. The terp flavors are out of this world too!

The Simrell MVS (Internet pic, not my grubby peter wanker):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220512-075022_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	422374

If this is any interest to you, Plebbit has a Dynavap sub that shows all sorts of crazy ways that people mod and utilize them. Numerous vids of people pulling thick milky clouds through a water pipe and emptying a bowl of non-combusted (brown) weed when done. An almost infinite number of adaptions that can be created as well. My MVS came with an extra bowl piece, so I plan on eventually making a shorty out of it for exclusive water pipe use and save the MVS for using as a stand alone piece. Can you tell that I'm a fanboi yet?

In all honesty though, I do also have a puffco pen that George recommended, which I put concentrate in from time to time as well (wowzers). Between those two devices and a bit of tincture from time to time, my gadget desires have been minimized, although still eyeballing/drooling over the Divine Tribe DTV5's. Ah, shit.. thoughts not well composed.. Shooting from hip.. One more cavaet I also have a Pinky that I made (flowerpot ghetto clone), and connected to a PIC temp controller. Fill your bowl with fresh ground goodness, put the pinky on top and that bad boy and it will also punch you in the weiner too! If that sounds interesting goggle "DIY Pinky build".

Vapcap action (not me):

https://youtu.be/_Ho-fZ4UPdE

Pinky Action (also not me):

On a side note, if the vapcap looks fun, there is another 3rd party device called the "Anvil" for which I have not tried.. It has a thick copper bowl cap that gets heat soaked and provides massively milky clouds without combusting. Looks pretty promising if in the market, but most likely sold out as they are hard to procure..

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Vaping!

-Domo

Edit: Sorry, but vids are age restricted and must either be signed into YT on browser or view on app..
    Last edited by DomoArigato; 12-05-22 at 01:40 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), IceCalibur (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22), V8 (12-05-22)

Thanks

On a side note, if you are exclusively looking at electronic vape devices, there are a number of crappy ones out there and a number of good ones as well (I don't know about the Davinci tbh). I would suggest reading many reviews on any device that your thinking about, maybe head over to fuckcombustion and plebbit and see their saying. The Mighty ftom what I understand is tried and true. Another that I have been reading about recently is the Xmax V3 Pro. I don't have experience with either, but look to be good buys from what I have found.

-Domo

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), IceCalibur (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22), mpsj (12-05-22), V8 (12-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,484 Times

Damn Domo! You just blew me away with all the info in your post above. My wallet has jumped straight off the desk and is cowering somewhere in the groom. Poor fella.

I got to try the Mighty+ recently. Made me embarassed to have a PAX3 at the time. Really cooll smoke. 10/10.

The DynaVap has been interesting me for a long time now. One of these days man. Not even expensive just... so much para already.

Did you quite smoking for health? I tried to switch to vape only but there's just something about pulling on a fresh rolled J that is almost cathartic.

Cheers
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-05-22), DomoArigato (12-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DomoArigato View Post
    On a side note, if you are exclusively looking at electronic vape devices, there are a number of crappy ones out there and a number of good ones as well (I don't know about the Davinci tbh). I would suggest reading many reviews on any device that your thinking about, maybe head over to fuckcombustion and plebbit and see their saying. The Mighty ftom what I understand is tried and true. Another that I have been reading about recently is the Xmax V3 Pro. I don't have experience with either, but look to be good buys from what I have found.

-Domo
    I've been happy with my PAX 2.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), DomoArigato (12-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22)

Thanks

Ha! Yep, I haven't "smoked" in some time. I switched from smoking to vaping like 8 years ago and really benefitted from that. Then a few years back, I felt like toking was making my lungs hurt by end of day on weekends, so decided to give vaping a try. I tried a few devices before finding the vapcap, and been doing it ever since. The last time was when I went to a friends house to shoot pool about 6 months ago and forgot to bring my vape, so took a couple of bong rips. He now has my M, so I use that when I go over or bring my own device. There is a not so well known thing called VAS (Vaporizer Aquisition Syndrome) once one decides to go the vape route exclusively . I "may" eventually aquire an electronic device eventually due to this cause they all look so neat!

I agree with you on smoking a doob though. There is something about it; somewhat sentimental, but have not burned a doob in even longer, shit maybe years..

I really like the Pinky tho too.. maaan does she bang!

-Domo

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22), mpsj (12-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,484 Times

The Pinky is absolutely the juice. I'm going to read up on that one. Turning the 18 inch bong into a giant vape is extremely attractive to me.

Cheers
    B

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Big thumbs up for my Mighty. Smooth clean hits and plenty of attachments to run em thru water pipes or whips etc if you so desire

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), DomoArigato (12-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), IceCalibur (12-05-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    The Pinky is absolutely the juice. I'm going to read up on that one. Turning the 18 inch bong into a giant vape is extremely attractive to me.

Cheers
    B
    If you end up getting the PID, I can set you up with the TIG cup, screens and glass beads. All of the components came in multi-packs and I have an overage..

-Domo

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Big thumbs up for my Mighty. Smooth clean hits and plenty of attachments to run em thru water pipes or whips etc if you so desire
    Everything that I hear about the Mighty's is top knotch. I have been eyeballing their Crafty+, but cannot bring myself to drop the dough just yet. One of these days when discretionary income is up I'll take the plunge just because I like the variety.

-Dom

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-05-22), CityDweller (22-05-22), GEORGE (12-05-22), Mac (12-05-22)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast