Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Problems with too little effects with Vaporizer

Thanks

Default More on the DaVinci MIQGRO

Domo,

I watched your video showing the glassware vape. It was very helpful. I can honestly say that my DaVinci MIQGRO produces either nil visible vapour or a barely visible and miniscule cloud of 0.01% of the cloud density produced on that vid. I wouldn't expect something as small as the Da Vinci to produce anywhere near the amount shown but mine produces next to nothing. I am totally underwhelmed with the MIQGRO. It shuts down on high temperature after two or maybe three pulls on it and those pulls do nothing. The battery life is also crap. Basically, it's a toy.

The interesting thing I've also found from an engineering perspective is comparing the vapourising points of the various terpene compounds in weed to the operating temps of the DaVinci. They make no sense at all when compared side by side and then put that comparison against the temp of the DaVinci in my hand. Sure, the DaVinci gets hot to hold but when you think the minimum boiling temp for terpenes is around 160C and yet I can still hold the vape in my hand (just about!) the machine simply isn't getting hot enough to vapourise even the lowest boiling point terpene. If it was getting hot enough then with the poor insulating quality of the construction of the vaper, you'd have to burning the skin off yer hand to hold onto it. Ive worked in Oil and Gas plants all my long life and 60c is about the max at which you can hold your hand on a surface for more than a second or two. 45C is about the HSE max temp for working surfaces. You can't voluntarily keep your hand on a surface at more than 60c. But you can hold the DaVinci (just about!), so ergo, it can't be getting hot enough to anything to the weed in the bowl but "brown it" a bit. None of the physics make any sense on the vapouriser. I really cannot recommend it.

Furthermore, I emptied the bowl after the last trial and looked at trichomes under a microscope. The weed itself was "browned' but the trichomes were 90% intact, mangled and brownish but still clearly unbroken like new lightbulbs! So if the trichomes haven't bursted then how can anyone get a high when using this vape? Doesn't make sense to me. But I'm always open to advice and comment. Sorry, but I can't do micro-photos yet.

Useful - No Links
    Last edited by Easy-T; 21-05-22 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Typos

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to doleritejack For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-05-22), Doink (08-06-22), DomoArigato (22-05-22), GEORGE (21-05-22), Mac (21-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,733 Times

I loved the first two DaVinci's and the second one I don't remember what they call that anymore was the best. But everything with a cue their q line is s***, you can't get a good vape you can't get anything worthwhile out of a DaVinci these days .

I don't remember what I spent on the extreme q when it came out but that was just a piece of s***. I always buy my Vapes directly from DaVinci so I don't get a knock off and I contacted them and asked if I could get a refund cuz it was so bad. They said no and I said that I can't do business with you anymore.

I think everybody should just stay the hell away from DaVinci from now on!

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-05-22), Doink (08-06-22), doleritejack (22-05-22), DomoArigato (22-05-22), GEORGE (21-05-22), Mac (21-05-22), M_C (21-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,350 Times

Doleritejack,

I would suspect that maybe it isn't getting up to the temp thats listed on the LED screen (as you already have as well). Not sure if you can test in the same way, but I have one of those cheap point and shoot thermometers that I use to get an "actual" temp when using my pinky/PID combo. Pid controller says one temp, my point/shoot says another temp, so I set it per my point/shoot reading vs relying on the PID's readout. It is a bit of a pain in the rear to spend good money on a whiz-bang product, only to find out it's a POS. I habe a couple of YoCan heaters and a device called a "Curer" that just sits and collects dust for this very reason. The Curer is actually a pretty cool concept.. Dies oil, concentrates or flower depending on the bowl, crucuble or tank that you attach, but it also has a little water chamber mounted on the side that cools the vapor. Pretty much a paper weight / dust collector at this point.

I'd say that if your going to put any more of your hard earned bucks into another vape, go with one of the devices I and other folks mentioned above, or research different models at fuckcombustion or r/vaporents on Reddit. The r/vaporents sub has a lot of good pics and commentary, but fuckcombustion is a pretty good site as well, as the whole premise of the site is about vaporization..

Good luck with you're vape endeavors, if you have any questions, shoot! I'm about half way through my morning coffee, gotta go install a side job that I just built here in a little while, bout time for a wake and bake! Cheers!

-Domo

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-05-22), Doink (08-06-22), doleritejack (24-05-22), GEORGE (22-05-22), Mac (24-05-22)

Thanks

Thanks for you insights Domo. I'll follow up the leads. Sorry about the time delay in my responding, I live on the other side of the world, 12,000 miles away and I'm sleeping while you're having a good day. More of my research soon. I'm taking the DaVinci back to the shop today. It'll be interesting what they say.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doleritejack For This Useful Post:

Doink (08-06-22), DomoArigato (24-05-22), GEORGE (24-05-22), Mac (24-05-22)

Thanks

No sweat dolerite, I only pop in when I have a chance to sit for a few, so no issue on delay bud. My responses are typically a bit delayed as well.

-Domo

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-05-22), Doink (08-06-22), GEORGE (24-05-22), Mac (24-05-22)

Thanks

Well, here we go. I took the Da Vinci back to the retailer and after three weeks of "testing" they told me that it was "working as intended"! That was a disappointment. My interpretation of their comments can only be that the MIQCRO is "intended to be a joke or a toy" and a bloody expensive one too!. Because of obvious legalities where I am I can't take them to Consumer Affairs etc so it looks like this Da Vinci is going in the bin.

The Da Vinci MIQCRO? Highly NOT recommended. Steer clear and save your bank balance. Thanks to all contributors.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doleritejack For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-06-22), Doink (08-06-22), GEORGE (08-06-22), Jingo (08-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,733 Times

I agree, DaVinci is no longer worth it!

J

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-06-22), Doink (08-06-22), doleritejack (08-06-22), GEORGE (08-06-22)

Thanks

As a little update on the Simrell/Dynavap "Vapcap" line of products. Lining the outside of the bowl cap with copper for it's heat retention proprties has been all the DIY rage with these devices for the last 6mos or so. Simrell just came out with a copper cap sleeve that they call the Full Metal Jacket or FMJ for short. I just received a couple last week (decent single flame cigar torch too), and lemme tell you.. I am now officially done perusing the vape market for newer/better devices. Hands down the best terp taste I have ever tasted in my life, and milk as thick as a bong ripper. And you get a number of them from the smallest pinch! End product is browned, browned but unburned flower product!

Depending on model, entry price can be between $80-250, but it's 100% mechanical and a lifetime vape / herb conserving device..

-Domo
    Last edited by DomoArigato; 08-06-22 at 01:15 PM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-06-22), CityDweller (09-06-22), Doink (08-06-22), GEORGE (08-06-22), Jingo (08-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,993 Times

I have a Vapcap, M20 iirc, only used it about a week.
    I should break it out again, but I seem to remember I ended up burning quite a few caps because I'm a stoner and forgetful
    Not to mention being a bit uncomfortable with a extremely hot piece of metal in my hand whist high, not a good time to zone out.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doink For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-06-22), DomoArigato (08-06-22), GEORGE (08-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoinkBrah View Post
    I have a Vapcap, M20 iirc, only used it about a week.
    I should break it out again, but I seem to remember I ended up burning quite a few caps because I'm a stoner and forgetful
    Not to mention being a bit uncomfortable with a extremely hot piece of metal in my hand whist high, not a good time to zone out.
    Ha, yeah you will char a few initially, as there is a slight learning curve no doubt! I haven't had the luxury, but people have gotten scars from getting burned by those damn caps.

When I was using my induction heater and no FMJ, I would go 5 seconds after the click on the first pull, 3 seconds at second pull, then right on click at last pull. I would never char following this method.

Now, with the FMJ sleeve on the MVS and using single flame torch (as recommended), I don't spin to heat anymore like with traditional cap, just pop the MVS in the bong stem, heat the copper directly and it's heat transfer properties takes care of the rest. It takes longer to get the click, but man that copper holds the heat and will give you two solid pulls off of each click. Thick enough where your probably going to carb out vs clearing.

The MVS with FMJ cap:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220608-123957_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	424118

Cheers!

-Domo

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-06-22), CityDweller (09-06-22), Doink (08-06-22), GEORGE (08-06-22)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast