Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can some one just give me the very basics to start a hydro experiment?

Thanks

Default can some one just give me the very basics to start a hydro experiment?

Iv always wanted to learn hydro and iv been in soil for 5 years now... the unkown of it is putting me off...
    I was planning to buy a mop bucket or similar a gish tank pump and heater... just the 1
    put a net on the mop bucket and sprout a seed... but am i right i need to keep the ph about 6?
    with ph up and down.... ill find a feeding plan online unless some one wants to chip one in... sorry a little lazy i no i will be doing my own research i dont take you guys for google... just want to get 1 started asap while im still in veg with the soil sisters.

thanks guys...

iv seen some pictures of the fatest nugs i can think of and the only way i can think ill ever get that growth is in hydro and maybe with h2o but im still not ready for h20 yet....
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (18-02-21), Farmer Geddon (19-02-21), GEORGE (18-02-21), Jingo (18-02-21), M_C (19-02-21), scoot (20-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

Check out some of the Hydroponically Grown Diaries on here you might find what your looking for.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (19-02-21), GEORGE (18-02-21), Jingo (18-02-21), scoot (20-02-21), thehulk (27-02-21), Uv123_4 (18-02-21), Valentina (19-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Get a 5 gallon or 20 l bucket whichever you have available and put a net pot to covers the whole top on it The actual net itself can be much smaller diameter.

Make sure you have a good pH pen and EC meter. your air pump should be rated at 20 l per minute which usually means the 20 l is the top end.

Some kind of root inoculant like food grade H2O2, usually about 30 to 40% H2O2. Put two mills in for every four liters of water.

You will need pH down at least, a lot of people use silica for pH up in hydro. Silica is basically liquid sand and it helps strengthen the plants as they're growing and you don't have any sand in hydro. I think they may call it silicon in the UK.

What you want to do is run your airline down through your net pot right where the pebbles are and be able to lift that whole net pot up off your 5 gallon bucket and set it right down on a new one for a res change or something like that. It works real well that way.

then you'll really need to understand the following chart.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-how-to-react

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (19-02-21), Blue61 (19-02-21), Cont3 (28-02-21), Farmer Geddon (19-02-21), GEORGE (19-02-21), Karsa (19-02-21), scoot (20-02-21), thehulk (27-02-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I don't understand how you've been on here for 5 years and you haven't picked that info up from all of the quick start guides and hydro diaries on here... But fair enough.

Focus on a type of hydro, substrate or Dwc...
    After that, depends on your choices really.

Bucket (pot), net (substrate), Pump, fan, light. Feed, etc... It's all the same, just delivery is different and concentration too.

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (28-02-21), Farmer Geddon (19-02-21), GEORGE (19-02-21), scoot (20-02-21), thehulk (27-02-21), Valentina (19-02-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    I don't understand how you've been on here for 5 years and you haven't picked that info up from all of the quick start guides and hydro diaries on here... But fair enough.

Bucket (pot), net (substrate), Pump, fan, light. Feed, etc... It's all the same, just delivery is different and concentration too.

Or just follow jingos advice...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (28-02-21), Farmer Geddon (19-02-21), GEORGE (19-02-21), scoot (20-02-21), thehulk (27-02-21), Valentina (19-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Why not just follow to a T the completed mentored diaries?

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
    ... the unkown of it is putting me off...
    Know how that feels.

I was planning to buy a mop bucket or similar a gish tank pump and heater... just the 1
    put a net on the mop bucket and sprout a seed...
    I like the mop bucket idea

but am i right i need to keep the ph about 6?
    Thereabouts

with ph up and down.... ill find a feeding plan online unless some one wants to chip one in... sorry a little lazy i no i will be doing my own research i dont take you guys for google... just want to get 1 started asap while im still in veg with the soil sisters.
    I am learning about coco myself and so far I am finding it just basically like very leaky soil.

Yeah, there is less leeway than soil so the moment anything goes wrong you see it coming a lot faster, but it does also mean that remedies respond faster.

Just try it on a sacrifical tomato, or something. I have had strawberry plants shipped to me in coco, which really made me chuckle. One of the experimentations on using coco was done on a commercial scale on garden roses.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (28-02-21), Farmer Geddon (19-02-21), GEORGE (19-02-21), scoot (20-02-21), thehulk (27-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

those 'gish' tanks pumps are rubbish, lol mop bucket seen it before someone did dwc bubblers over on that twat site ******, tbh think it was a mate named cytrax/doobz if my old brain serves me well.
    imnice
    Last edited by Valentina; 17-03-21 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Domain Name Removal

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (28-02-21), Farmer Geddon (27-02-21), GEORGE (19-02-21), scoot (20-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I've seen fat chunky colas grown in soil. I've also seen some mop bucket grows. Nothing special apart from the novelty and afaik, nobody did a mop bucket grow twice.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (28-02-21), GEORGE (19-02-21), scoot (20-02-21), thehulk (27-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post

i was more interested in concentrating on my soil grows... just lately im seing this weed that people say is from cali and i thought it was ridiculous they imported weed when seeds can be grown here .... but seeing the quality difference im starting to maybe believe it....
    just like everyone else im searching for the holy grail of growing to get the ultimate bud....

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (28-02-21), Farmer Geddon (27-02-21), GEORGE (27-02-21), Jingo (27-02-21), Karsa (27-02-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Get a 5 gallon or 20 l bucket whichever you have available and put a net pot to covers the whole top on it The actual net itself can be much smaller diameter.

Make sure you have a good pH pen and EC meter. your air pump should be rated at 20 l per minute which usually means the 20 l is the top end.

Some kind of root inoculant like food grade H2O2, usually about 30 to 40% H2O2. Put two mills in for every four liters of water.

You will need pH down at least, a lot of people use silica for pH up in hydro. Silica is basically liquid sand and it helps strengthen the plants as they're growing and you don't have any sand in hydro. I think they may call it silicon in the UK.

What you want to do is run your airline down through your net pot right where the pebbles are and be able to lift that whole net pot up off your 5 gallon bucket and set it right down on a new one for a res change or something like that. It works real well that way.

then you'll really need to understand the following chart.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-how-to-react

J

thank you very much you gave me what i wanted... respect matie

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (28-02-21), Farmer Geddon (27-02-21), GEORGE (27-02-21), Jingo (27-02-21), Karsa (27-02-21)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast