Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DIY Watering Drip System

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by inyumen View Post
    Will def take a look into it. I'll just need the ceramic piece and add that to my "diy system", or do I need to get the full pack?
    The "carrot" ceramic sensors run 3mm drip line that's unique to them (super soft silicone). They come with a short length attached but most people buy spare to run them long. Not found a useable replacement for that so official tubing is advised. They also come with a 3mm to 8mm tee piece connected to attach to the feed line.

The main feed line is just standard 8mm tubing and they have a bulkhead fitting for the reservoir (both included in the pack), but any can be used then reduced down to the right size. There's also a few assorted tee pieces and an end stop in the Tropf Blumat pack.

They sell a pressure reducer separately if you don't want to use a res and prefer a tap/hose fitting. Brings the pressure to around 6psi I believe.

The essential parts are the sensors and the drip line, the rest can be diy'd/macguyver'd/a teamed

If you run it as a single line with no return to res then you will need an end piece for the last sensor in the chain or a stop tap/someway to block off the feed tube.
    When I set up my raised bed I will run a loop, 2 bulkheads in the res, 1 long feedline round the bed and back to the tank,and a drain tap half way round the feed line for bleeding air and draining the res Works as a redundancy too, if one side clogs you still have water available to the feed line.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-02-21), Cannabug (22-02-21), GEORGE (21-02-21), inyumen (22-02-21), scoot (11-09-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (17-03-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    The "carrot" ceramic sensors run 3mm drip line that's unique to them (super soft silicone). They come with a short length attached but most people buy spare to run them long. Not found a useable replacement for that so official tubing is advised. They also come with a 3mm to 8mm tee piece connected to attach to the feed line.

The main feed line is just standard 8mm tubing and they have a bulkhead fitting for the reservoir (both included in the pack), but any can be used then reduced down to the right size. There's also a few assorted tee pieces and an end stop in the Tropf Blumat pack.

They sell a pressure reducer separately if you don't want to use a res and prefer a tap/hose fitting. Brings the pressure to around 6psi I believe.

The essential parts are the sensors and the drip line, the rest can be diy'd/macguyver'd/a teamed

If you run it as a single line with no return to res then you will need an end piece for the last sensor in the chain or a stop tap/someway to block off the feed tube.
    When I set up my raised bed I will run a loop, 2 bulkheads in the res, 1 long feedline round the bed and back to the tank,and a drain tap half way round the feed line for bleeding air and draining the res Works as a redundancy too, if one side clogs you still have water available to the feed line.
    Thank you so much for the info. I'll definitly look into it, thanks!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to inyumen For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-02-21), Cannabug (22-02-21), GEORGE (22-02-21), Mac (22-02-21), scoot (11-09-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (17-03-21)

Thanks

I know I'm late on parade with this thread but it might help someone who's searching.

I got a timer that works in seconds as well as hours and minutes, these are often used in automatic fish feeders. Then you can just plug in a standard aquarium pump with some hose running to your pot. Drop the pump into a bucket of water/feed and set the timer for say 25 seconds on a Wednesday. Worked a treat for me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ice9; 11-09-21 at 05:09 PM.
    Its weird being the same age as old people

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice9 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (11-09-21), GEORGE (11-09-21), scoot (11-09-21)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2