Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: How to feed in soil?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 201 Times in 68 Posts

    Default How to feed in soil?

    Hello,

    I'm growing two plants on organic soil from my local gardening store, mixed with perlite to help with aeration and drainage. As the soil has nutrients in it already, will I ever need to add top feeds or mix some organic ammendments to the soil when transplanting? I was hoping the soil alone would get me to flowering at least, since I transplant 3 times before flowering, ending with a 5 gallon pot. Should I mix ammendements whenever I transplant? Should I just top feed with worm castings, bat guano or other organic fertilizers when I get to flower? Or should I not feed at all since the soil has already nutes in it?
    Sorry if this seems like a dumb question or anything, its my first grow and I really don't wanna use liquid nutes.

    Thank you!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inyumen For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (20-02-21), Greengrass (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Talking

    I grow in Organic, and I never do nothing but water until later flower, than use some PK to finish out last month of flowering.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    Greengrass (20-02-21), inyumen (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 201 Times in 68 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    than use some PK to finish out last month of flowering.
    What kind of PK do you use? Liquid or dry ammendments?

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inyumen For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (20-02-21), Greengrass (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Default

    I'm using this right now.


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    Greengrass (20-02-21), inyumen (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 201 Times in 68 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    I'm using this right now.
    Do you use the recommended dose? I'll take a look into it, and if I decide to administer GH Bloom, I'm thinkin on starting at 1/2 recommended dose.
    Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inyumen For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (20-02-21), Greengrass (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inyumen View Post
    Do you use the recommended dose? I'll take a look into it, and if I decide to administer GH Bloom, I'm thinkin on starting at 1/2 recommended dose.
    Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it
    Yes 5ml to one gallon of water, but I think Half that would do better. Depends on the Plant. I have one that likes 5ml and one that thinks it is over kill. So smart to start out half like you say.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    Greengrass (20-02-21), inyumen (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 201 Times in 68 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    Yes 5ml to one gallon of water, but I think Half that would do better. Depends on the Plant. I have one that likes 5ml and one that thinks if is over kill. So smart to start out half like you say.
    Might aswell order a micro and grow just in case they need some feeding in veg. You feed once a week or every other watering?

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inyumen For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inyumen View Post
    Might aswell order a micro and grow just in case they need some feeding in veg. You feed once a week or every other watering?
    I was doing ever other this grow.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    inyumen (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Default

    My plant on the right seems to want more, and the one on the left seems to be happy with 2 1/2 ml.


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    inyumen (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 201 Times in 68 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    My plant on the right seems to want more, and the one on the left seems to be happy with 2 1/2 ml.
    They look stunning. They're autos right? I'm growing photos, so they might need some reinforcement of feeding before flower, I'll see how it goes. Guess the PK feeding depends on the plant itself, but thanks for the advice.
    What strains are those?

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inyumen For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by inyumen View Post
    They look stunning. They're autos right? I'm growing photos, so they might need some reinforcement of feeding before flower, I'll see how it goes. Guess the PK feeding depends on the plant itself, but thanks for the advice.
    What strains are those?
    No those are Photo's, Day 56 of 12 12 flip. One on the Right is A White Widow Max, and the one on the left is A OGKZ, I think that stands for OG Hush and zittiles, or something like that.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    inyumen (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Default

    Here is A top shot. The WWM has 22 of those bigger cola's, just can't see but half of them, for all the leaves. These have more leaves than I have ever seen. I think it is because I did A HST on them, and every time I cut the fan leaves off they came back double. and more. lol There tons of little cola's under all those leaves also. I show you all of them when I harvest and trim the leaves off, I think you will be surpise. lol


  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    IceCalibur (20-02-21), inyumen (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21), Petal (22-02-21)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 201 Times in 68 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    Here is A top shot. The WWM has 22 of those bigger cola's, just can't see but half of them, for all the leaves. These have more leaves than I have ever seen. I think it is because I did A HST on them, and every time I cut the fan leaves off they came back double. and more. lol There tons of little cola's under all those leaves also. I show you all of them when I harvest and trim the leaves off, I think you will be surpise. lol
    Awesome, I'll be for sure waiting on it. You only HST? No LST? What type of HST? I'm planning on topping mine and start to LST in a week or two.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inyumen For This Useful Post:

    GEORGE (20-02-21), Mac (21-02-21)

  27. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Who Knows
    Posts
    20,362
    Thanks
    493,756
    Thanked 55,621 Times in 15,171 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inyumen View Post
    Awesome, I'll be for sure waiting on it. You only HST? No LST? What type of HST? I'm planning on topping mine and start to LST in a week or two.
    Every time I flim them, I cut off all there fan leaves, and I also Super Crop them. It is the first time I have ever done High stress Training. I don't know if I will ever do it again. Except the Super Crop part. I will wait and see what kind of weight I get first. I might do it again.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

    Mac (21-02-21)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States