Thread: Top Feeding Beneficial Bacteria in Flood and Drain

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Top Feeding Beneficial Bacteria in Flood and Drain

I have been adding Beneficial's to my main res in a bucket Flood and Drain system.

Question is would I be better off administering it every week by hand top fed

A. I am still not convinced Beneficial's survive all that long in the main tank
    B. A 200 liter tank costs a lot more to fill with Beneficial's than a 20 liter bucket top fed directly to the roots.
    C. I just feel putting full strength Bennies directly in contact with the roots will work better as there is no with strong EC nutrient solution to suppress or kill it.
    D. If applied directly to the roots after the last lights on feed it will have 12 hours or more to multiply uninhibited by nutrients PH adjuster etc.

Any thoughts
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-03-21), GEORGE (23-02-21), Mac (24-02-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-03-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Do you run any kind of drip clean or bleach in the system? Microbes/anything organic can gunk up your res and lines, so I would go with top feeding.

Added bonus you get to spend more time with the plants doing so and can keep a close eye on em

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-03-21), GEORGE (24-02-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-03-21), toblue (24-02-21)

Thanks

Sound logic right there mate.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveBudd For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-03-21), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (08-03-21)